Toys R Us Price Match

Here are the guidelines:
Price Match is valid for in-store purchases only.
We will match all competitor store advertised prices.
We'll match Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com online pricing in our stores, except for online-only prices.
Items purchased must be identical to the items advertised (e.g., brand, color, size).
The original, complete competitor ad, with valid dates, must be presented at time of purchase.
Prices are matched after deducting any Toys"R"Us and/or Babies"R"Us coupon savings and other offers from our price.
Price match is given at the time of purchase or within 7 days of purchase date with a valid receipt.

We will not match prices for competitors':
Category-wide or storewide discounts
Buy One Get One with purchase offers
Gift with purchase offers
Percentage (%) off discounts
Out-of-stock or limited quantity items
Doorbuster items
Prices advertised on Black Friday
Internet pricing for non-baby gear items
Coupons
http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070&camp=

no-way-480.gif

This will be good for certain disney blu-rays and video games. No if only their $ off and % off and spend X save Y promotions worked on video games or video game hardware.

Can someone tell me how...

news = deal?

I should create a post in the deals section regarding Microsoft's tablet. A Microsoft guy told me at a job fair that a 2nd version of the tablet will be released in Early 2013 which will be powered with an Intel processor. So pretty much everyone should hold up until this version is released.

[quote name='oasisboy']Can someone tell me how...

news = deal?

I should create a post in the deals section regarding Microsoft's tablet. A Microsoft guy told me at a job fair that a 2nd version of the tablet will be released in Early 2013 which will be powered with an Intel processor. So pretty much everyone should hold up until this version is released.[/QUOTE]

Because this news will save people money? I agree it's not the best place for it but it's much better then a product announcement being in the deal section (I'm trying to say your analogy sucked)

but there always has to be "that guy"

[quote name='cubeenigma']Just got an email saying that toys r us now price matches a valid ad[/QUOTE]

Let me know when they start price matching invalid ads. Now that would be a deal!

Nice details, Sway. This is the first time I've seen Toys R' Us fine print not mention the exclusion of Breast Pump Rentals!

Not too sure about this one:
"Internet pricing for non-baby gear items"

OT, I was at TRU once and saw a DVD on the counter that said something like "...TRU Breastfeeding Competition.." Anyone have any info on this?

[quote name='oasisboy']Can someone tell me how...

news = deal?

I should create a post in the deals section regarding Microsoft's tablet. A Microsoft guy told me at a job fair that a 2nd version of the tablet will be released in Early 2013 which will be powered with an Intel processor. So pretty much everyone should hold up until this version is released.[/QUOTE]

Lol the second version of the tablet is the surface pro which has full windows 8. Everyone knows that since the windows 8 rt one comes out now, then the other more expensive one later

[quote name='klimb22']OT, I was at TRU once and saw a DVD on the counter that said something like "...TRU Breastfeeding Competition.." Anyone have any info on this?[/QUOTE]

Lol, I don't know what type of audience TRU is trying to reach out to but it sounds kinky.

On topic, I'm glad TRU is price matching. This could come in handy for holiday shopping. Thanks OP for sharing.

The last time I tried to price match something at TRU - Deus Ex HR during a BB blowout, I believe - I was told that they only matched prices on baby products. I was flabbergasted.

^ It's reasons like that I rarely shop at TRU. They're prices are ridiculous and pitiful to begin with (especially the online shipping cost charges for each item along with tax).

Target already does this I know...(mostly cause I have a target card and it's awfully nice to get the 5% off in addition to the price matching)

I also hear for the holidays, Target's price match will be even more aggressive than this (toys r us) is...I don't know for sure, so I won't go into the details of what I have heard...but if it is what it's looking like it might be, I haven't seen anyone with a better price match offering...

It's nice to see more companies getting on the price matching train...

I don't hold much hope for any of the managers knowing how to price match. My past experience with them was a hit and miss even with an add. When I called the corp office they even admitted their managers didn't quite understand their price match policy. But then again, this was in the early part of the last decade. Hopefully it won't be a problem this time around.

not sure if anyone is still paying attention to this thread... but does anyone know if Toys R Us Price matches themselves? For instance... lets say you bought a DS game on Saturday, and the next day on Sunday there is a deal involving the very game you purchased and the 2nd game is 50 percent off? I would assume they would price match... but nothing on the policy says they would price match their own ads. It might just be common sense but I'm not entirely sure. Any input would be helpful, thanks

bread's done
Back