Best Buy - PS3 Tony Hawk: RIDE Skateboard Bundle $9.99 (Free Shipping)

[quote name='bardockkun']You can use it for a Back to the Future II costume! Otherwise...eh, um...

That's only use it has.[/QUOTE]

wow. Thanks, i just got my costume planned out now hahaha!

Too bad, I wanted to pick one up to give as a gift to someone I dislike.

There's something very amusing about passive aggressive gift-giving that I've always enjoyed.

[quote name='Slade']Too bad, I wanted to pick one up to give as a gift to someone I dislike.

There's something very amusing about passive aggressive gift-giving that I've always enjoyed.[/QUOTE]

Might want to look up what that term means. Giving a gift to someone is hardly passive. More like covert aggression.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wish this was shred, already have ride.[/QUOTE]

If you don't care about the cooler looking board, you can find the game alone cheap for around $5 and just use your ride board.

I think I'm one of the few people in the world that actually really liked these games (finished Ride on all 3 difficulties and would have the platinum on Shred if not for the online multiplayer trophies). I still think most people just didn't take the time to get through the learning curve. It's not really a "pick up and play" game, and you really do have to go through the tutorial to know what you're doing.

[quote name='chair_home']Did you report him to child services?[/QUOTE]

That would make a funny Family Circus:

FamilyCircusRide.jpg

[quote name='terutt']Might want to look up what that term means. Giving a gift to someone is hardly passive. More like covert aggression.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I knew it wasn't entirely applicable but I used it anyway because I couldn't bother coming up with a better term.

Covert aggression is pretty good though!

Stealing it.

[quote name='BuDdyLe']wow. Thanks, i just got my costume planned out now hahaha![/QUOTE]
Now you just need spend a couple thousand to get the Nike Back to The Future sneakers, if you don't have a pair already.:lol:

[quote name='MR_E']If you don't care about the cooler looking board, you can find the game alone cheap for around $5 and just use your ride board.

I think I'm one of the few people in the world that actually really liked these games (finished Ride on all 3 difficulties and would have the platinum on Shred if not for the online multiplayer trophies). I still think most people just didn't take the time to get through the learning curve. It's not really a "pick up and play" game, and you really do have to go through the tutorial to know what you're doing.[/QUOTE]

I need to check if there is any local MP in the game. If not then I might just go that route. Thanks.

[quote name='usagi']Now you just need spend a couple thousand to get the Nike Back to The Future sneakers, if you don't have a pair already.:lol:[/QUOTE]

2012 and we still don't have retail automatic lacing shoes. :(

I own Shred (never played Ride), it's not amazing but it's not as bad as people perceive it to be. It's probably more fun than playing Kinect (though lots of people mock that device as well).

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I need to check if there is any local MP in the game. If not then I might just go that route. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that the MP was online-only in Shred. I think they steered clear of "multiple board" gameplay. Probably too many issues with space (given that you need a few feet of clearance on both sides just to play single player) and the infrared sensors of two boards interfering with/triggering each other. I know Ride had the turn-based local multiplayer, but it was limited and sort of tedious switching players and doing the whole mini-setup thing every turn, so I think they dropped it in Shred.

[quote name='Chocoburger']I own Shred (never played Ride), it's not amazing but it's not as bad as people perceive it to be. It's probably more fun than playing Kinect (though lots of people mock that device as well).[/QUOTE]

If you dug Shred, you might want to check out Ride. I like it better in some respects...like the soundtrack and the fact that the levels are a bit more open and skate park-ish compared to the more linear/downhill feel of the Shred levels, which makes Ride more fun in free skate.

Oh, that was the one thing I wanted to see in Shred, which was an actual skatepark you can move around in freely. Shred was forcing you downhill in every level that I played (there's a couple I haven't played yet, but I'm guessing all of them are forced downhill). Outside of that one training stage.

Still waiting to find the 360 version of Ride for $15 or less. Is it weird that I find THPS HD a bigger blight to the franchise than TH:Shred? Robomodo are such screw ups. :(

[quote name='Chocoburger']I own Shred (never played Ride), it's not amazing but it's not as bad as people perceive it to be. It's probably more fun than playing Kinect (though lots of people mock that device as well).[/QUOTE]

shut up the kinect is fun this game is crap jus becus u pay full price 4 it cus u thoguht it looked cool ( i admitted it i almost bued it til i read the review on gamespot vid game site wich say it suck) i say what crpa.... later on at gamestop iu ask guy about it and he say he had return becus the board doesnt work right sometim....it is worst game since duke nukem forever on ps3 and 360.

[quote name='FountainDrink']shut up the kinect is fun this game is crap jus becus u pay full price 4 it cus u thoguht it looked cool ( i admitted it i almost bued it til i read the review on gamespot vid game site wich say it suck) i say what crpa.... later on at gamestop iu ask guy about it and he say he had return becus the board doesnt work right sometim....it is worst game since duke nukem forever on ps3 and 360.[/QUOTE]
What?

Meaning I love my Kinect and there are some great games, but...reading your post just made me think this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QamU4-8NUw

In short, you sound goddamn stupid.

[quote name='Chocoburger']Is it weird that I find THPS HD a bigger blight to the franchise than TH:Shred? Robomodo are such screw ups. :([/QUOTE]

I found THPS HD disappointing, too. The step back really felt sort of bare bones after all of the features of the later Tony Hawk games...especially since some of the levels were included (and done better) as bonus levels in other Tony Hawk games with updated trick sets. They could have done more to update it...or at least included more levels. But that aside...even as a straightforward HD remake, I found the controls touchy and the game pretty frustrating, especially with issues like losing combos for no apparent reason, having to try 10 times to get certain tricks to work (wallrides were frustrating), and occasionally wiping out on flat ground or slight hills. I really wanted to like it, but I, instead, found myself swearing out loud at my tv.

Apparently the mods deleted some fool's post, but forgot to delete the quote of it! LOL! Obviously English is not his first language, not even his third, probably fifth. Keep trying to communicate, one day we'll bother to read your broken string of text. Or not.

[quote name='MR_E']I found THPS HD disappointing, too. The step back really felt sort of bare bones after all of the features of the later Tony Hawk games...especially since some of the levels were included (and done better) as bonus levels in other Tony Hawk games with updated trick sets. They could have done more to update it...or at least included more levels. But that aside...even as a straightforward HD remake, I found the controls touchy and the game pretty frustrating, especially with issues like losing combos for no apparent reason, having to try 10 times to get certain tricks to work (wallrides were frustrating), and occasionally wiping out on flat ground or slight hills. I really wanted to like it, but I, instead, found myself swearing out loud at my tv.[/QUOTE]
OH. MY. GOD. YOU ARE MY (GAMING) TWIN!
Please read this (written by me)!
http://www.dayonepatch.com/index.ph...-online-play/page__view__findpost__p__1628573

[quote name='Chocoburger']Apparently the mods deleted some fool's post, but forgot to delete the quote of it! LOL! Obviously English is not his first language, not even his third, probably fifth. Keep trying to communicate, one day we'll bother to read your broken string of text. Or not.

http://www.dayonepatch.com/index.ph...-online-play/page__view__findpost__p__1628573[/QUOTE]
It's obvious fountain drink is mynameispep and pepsiguy. The poor retard tries too come back every few months

[quote name='Chocoburger']
http://www.dayonepatch.com/index.ph...-online-play/page__view__findpost__p__1628573[/QUOTE]

Haha... Yep, that review sounds about right. Lol...and actually, my psn is, coincidentally, also a weird food combination word. Go figure. Maybe we ARE gaming twins. Hhmm...if we had Shred/Ride for the same system, I'd totally suggest a CAG plastic skateboard online multiplayer meetup...

Anyone know why this ain't qualifying for the FREE SHIPPING? I'm adding it to my cart but the $2.99 shippin kills it for me.

Any help, advice is greatly appreciated!

oNe

p.s. f*ck it, its only $10, not bad to try something new i figure even tho EVERYONE dissing this joint nasty!

[quote name='bardockkun']You can use it for a Back to the Future II costume! Otherwise...eh, um...

That's only use it has.[/QUOTE]

Nobody calls me chicken... Seriously this game would be too much at $2.50

bread's done
Back