Gamestop $50 Price Drop on Xbox 250GB and 4GB Kinect

mer71

CAGiversary!
Feedback
280 (100%)
Starting tomorrow. Gamestop is dropping the Xbox 360 250GB and 4GB Kinect bundles to $249.99. And it includes the new holiday bundle.

I was going to buy a Xbox 360 4GB today, but of course I will wait til tomorrow.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I sound like a broken record but I really wish I would have trade my 360 when it was getting $110.[/QUOTE]

Isn't GameStop still doing double credit on any game system (dunno how much you'll get)? I might finally upgrade too.

Is this a 1 week sale or the new MSRP? I think TRU is also having a $249 sale w/ a $50 GC if I remember that other thread correctly.

[quote name='PayperMario']Isn't GameStop still doing double credit on any game system (dunno how much you'll get)? I might finally upgrade too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah my system was getting $110 right off the bat but has now dropped to $80. At this point I see no reason to upgrade...yes $30 DOES make a difference :D

If this is true people may want to get their old systems traded in asap. I imagine the trade values could drop if these are going on sale.
Edit: nvm it looks like they already did drop them from earlier in the week.

I was going to buy a Xbox today. The GS employee said I should wait until tomorrow. And he told me why. Also, the price is going through Christmas.

[quote name='mer71']I was going to buy a Xbox today. The GS employee said I should wait until tomorrow. And he told me why. Also, the price is going through Christmas.[/QUOTE]

wow, sounds like a decent employee, are you sure you were at gamestop? he at least tried to get you to preorder every 360 game coming out in the next month didnt he?

Newsflash...

this is MSRP (or will be). Walmart has had these prices going on a month and Target and Best Buy will be having them starting tomorrow.

For those that didn't check out tomorrow's Kmart AD. The X360 4GB Kinect Bundle will be $249.99 plus you get a $50 gaming coupon plus you get a $5 GC for buying more than $50.

Now Sony looks even more stupid for putting that new PS3 bundle out for $270. They should have just made that $250 to begin with and be forcing MS's hand instead of playing a reaction game to what MS does.

Ugh gamestop, the worst place to buy anything gaming, buy new games/consoles at gamestop to only discover the advertised new console/game you just bought as new for new price has been opened before. =/ The only thing ive ever bought new and receaved new there is games i pick up on release day.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Now Sony looks even more stupid for putting that new PS3 bundle out for $270. They should have just made that $250 to begin with and be forcing MS's hand instead of playing a reaction game to what MS does.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Hopefully this will spark slim price drops as well

[quote name='Xenokai']Ugh gamestop, the worst place to buy anything gaming, buy new games/consoles at gamestop to only discover the advertised new console/game you just bought as new for new price has been opened before. =/ The only thing ive ever bought new and receaved new there is games i pick up on release day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, make sure if you get a console there it hasn't been opened. However, last I checked, they were the only ones still sporting a no bullshit replacement plan. I went through 3 Xboxes before I finally got one that lasted beyond the year.

Eh, my Jasper unit is still working fine. Kind of pointless for me to upgrade at this point considering I'll be looking to buy the next Xbox this time next year.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Now Sony looks even more stupid for putting that new PS3 bundle out for $270. They should have just made that $250 to begin with and be forcing MS's hand instead of playing a reaction game to what MS does.[/QUOTE]

Why does that make them look dumb?

250 GB Xbox 360 for $250

or

250 GB PS3 with UC3 GOTY, PSN Game and 1month PSN+ for $270

[quote name='ultramanJ']Eh, my Jasper unit is still working fine. Kind of pointless for me to upgrade at this point considering I'll be looking to buy the next Xbox this time next year.[/QUOTE]

Upgrading to a slim would be pretty dumb, especially since I've known people that still have heat issues with those. The Jasper still seems best. I just wish I could've gotten a backup one before. I'm not banking on the new console having backward compatibility, nor am I concerned with getting it day 1. If Halo 5 is a launch game, that could change, but that's highly unlikely.

[quote name='Viper187']Upgrading to a slim would be pretty dumb, especially since I've known people that still have heat issues with those. The Jasper still seems best. I just wish I could've gotten a backup one before. I'm not banking on the new console having backward compatibility, nor am I concerned with getting it day 1. If Halo 5 is a launch game, that could change, but that's highly unlikely.[/QUOTE]
i thought the slim fixed all that heat issues, and rrod

[quote name='GBAstar']Why does that make them look dumb?

250 GB Xbox 360 with Skyrim, Forza 4, and 1 month XBL or 4GB Xbox 360 w/Kinect, Kinect Adventures, Disneyland Adventures, and 1 month XBL for $250

or

250 GB PS3 with UC3 GOTY, PSN Game and 1month PSN+ for $270[/QUOTE]

Fixed........

[quote name='CaptainZombie']Fixed........[/QUOTE]

Oh yes...

So you are comparing Microsoft's HOLIDAY BUNDLES to the standard sony bundle..

that's fair.. and a little fangurli$h of you

[quote name='YBX87']i thought the slim fixed all that heat issues, and rrod[/QUOTE]

HAH! I have a Gears slim sitting on my desk. Runs way hotter than my Jasper, and I know one of the guys I play with has a slim that the sound quits working entirely on as soon as it gets hot. I also hate those fucking touch sensor buttons. I like the mech buttons on the old 360s.

250 GB Xbox 360 for $250

or

Because all of the 250 GB XBox's Gamestop is currently selling have Skyrim codes/Forza 4 disc 1 in them. When these holiday bundles are announced, MS sends GS codes/discs to put in the old stock and stickers to put on the box notating the holiday goodies to get them out of the store. Not sure how it works at other retailers but know 100% for sure this goes on at Gamestop.

Also the general public is dumb and at WM sees $250 XBox vs. $270 PS3, doesn't notice the PS3 has more stuff (if we're talking about vanilla 250GB non-Holiday systems at the big box retailers,) and buys the XBox because it's cheaper and all their friends have XBoxes.

[quote name='Viper187']HAH! I have a Gears slim sitting on my desk. Runs way hotter than my Jasper, and I know one of the guys I play with has a slim that the sound quits working entirely on as soon as it gets hot. I also hate those fucking touch sensor buttons. I like the mech buttons on the old 360s.[/QUOTE]
i read on forums, that the touch sensor buttons is one annoyance ppl have with it

[quote name='MSUHitman']Because all of the 250 GB XBox's Gamestop is currently selling have Skyrim codes/Forza 4 disc 1 in them. When these holiday bundles are announced, MS sends GS codes/discs to put in the old stock and stickers to put on the box notating the holiday goodies to get them out of the store. Not sure how it works at other retailers but know 100% for sure this goes on at Gamestop.

Also the general public is dumb and at WM sees $250 XBox vs. $270 PS3, doesn't notice the PS3 has more stuff (if we're talking about vanilla 250GB non-Holiday systems at the big box retailers,) and buys the XBox because it's cheaper and all their friends have XBoxes.[/QUOTE]

But you're forgetting that up to and including today almost all retailers still have the 4GB with Kinect at $299 and the 250GB at $299 so the PS3 is still cheaper.

The only retailer that has had them cheaper consistently is Amazon and Walmart.

And don't tell me Gamestop does because I was there just a few hours go picking up my Enzio Gauntlet and they were all still marked $299 (the 250GB and 4GB Kinect) with no mentions of extras.

They very well may put those in tonight and retag them for tomorrow but this isn't something that Microsoft just did while I'm sure the super slim UC3 bundle was priced to compete with how the Xbox's have been priced for the last year.

Now it is time for Sony to react.

any change on the 4 gb non kinect version?

edit...and what would this mean for a 250gb refurb? Just bought a regular 4gb yesterday, was gonna get a 320gb hard drive for $100, but now thinking I will just return the 4gb and pay the extra $50 for the 250gb. Or just get a refurb if its $200 now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Viper187']HAH! I have a Gears slim sitting on my desk. Runs way hotter than my Jasper, and I know one of the guys I play with has a slim that the sound quits working entirely on as soon as it gets hot. I also hate those fucking touch sensor buttons. I like the mech buttons on the old 360s.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree the touch sensor buttons are terrible.

However, slims running hotter is not the issue. I have read very little failures with the slim and even looking at the CAG RROD thread notice how theres no activity on there anymore compared to months ago? The slim has eliminated a majority, if not almost all the overheating issues.

Either way if your so worried about it overheating just buy a new slim with the 3 year warranty through MS. By the time it breaks (if it does) the 720 will be out and hopefully be backwards.

Infact I'm pretty positive the next console will be backwards because that would be easy money for MS again. They tricked everyone into buying a slim 360 when their current 360 breaks, and they can bank on people buying 720s when their 360 breaks. Now I see their evil plan...

/sarcasm ... or is it?

250 GB Xbox 360 for $250

or

the new ps3 slim look like cheap though.

[quote name='209chromatic']Definitely, the new ps3 slim is and looks cheaper.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RyanEvans']the new ps3 slim look like cheap though.[/QUOTE]

hmmmmm... thinking it but I'll be nice

I literally just bought a 4GB console yesterday morning from GS to replace my brother's dying pre-Jasper unit. Ugh.

Edit: I see that it has, but the Kotaku post that I saw stated the 4GB without Kinect was also a part of the deal. Shouldn't have trusted them from the start. :\

[quote name='advanced']I literally just bought a 4GB console yesterday morning from GS to replace my brother's dying pre-Jasper unit. Ugh.

Edit: I see that it has, but the Kotaku post that I saw stated the 4GB without Kinect was also a part of the deal. Shouldn't have trusted them from the start. :\[/QUOTE]

How the hell did you manage to kill a Jasper? I've been running mine 24/7 for 3 years!

[quote name='GBAstar']Newsflash...

this is MSRP (or will be). Walmart has had these prices going on a month and Target and Best Buy will be having them starting tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

So $249 is the new MSRP everywhere for either the 4GB Kinect (holiday bundle) or 250GB model.
Kmart is giving a $50 "game coupon" but doesn't mention holiday bundle
TRU is giving a $20 GC w/ an extra $50 controller
Target doesn't mention any holiday bundles
Best Buy has $249 Kinect w/ Disney and also $349 w/ Sports and Dance Central 2 token?
Walmart doesn't mention holiday bundle (but they get credit for being the first paper ad I've seen for WiiU - says you can lay-away if anyone is interested in the $349 bundle)

Good thing is if this is the new MSRP some better deals are likley to show up between now an Xmas - if I get one it's under the tree for my kids.

Hey does anyone here know if i can get the $50 difference? I bought an xbox 360 at gamestop about 2 weeks ago for $200 4gb slim New.

Touch buttons are crap I hate when my nephew or dog turns it off lol. But when it comes down to the heat dissipation between the two models it's not even a contest. The slim may appear to run hotter but that is only because that giant ass fan is sending all the heat from one giant point. In my old box it just stays in there because the multiple fans are utter garbage. Overheating issues are almost always from clogged up ports full of dust, use dust can atleast twice a month and then all you have to worry about is the fan breaking down.

I'm pretty shocked anyone would recommend a fat over a slim. The main problems I've had to fix on slims are broken sata/power connectors in the HD slot and bad lasers. Usually from abuse.

Alright so apparently the price drop is only for the $300 Xbox, I bought the 4gb Slim about 2 weeks ago and does not qualify for the drop. Hopefully we get more details.

[quote name='Xbro']Alright so apparently the price drop is only for the $300 Xbox, I bought the 4gb Slim about 2 weeks ago and does not qualify for the drop. Hopefully we get more details.[/QUOTE]
the price drop is only for the xbox 360 bundle deals

So tempted to jump on this since I got rid of my 360 in 2009. But I have a Ps3, and the only exclusive game I really want to play is Halo 4, so I'm gonna have to pass for now.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I sound like a broken record but I really wish I would have trade my 360 when it was getting $110.[/QUOTE]

Why not just sell it? I've sold 360s in the past online and have gotten good amounts for them.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah my system was getting $110 right off the bat but has now dropped to $80. At this point I see no reason to upgrade...yes $30 DOES make a difference :D[/QUOTE]

i called it's 75$ now 150$ w/deal :whistle2:( i am in the same boat

For whatever reason Wal-Mart has the new holiday bundle at $299 so either a error on Wal-Marts part or price change hasn't downloaded yet for the new skus.

It stinks that the base model 4GB xbox (without kinect) isn't marked down from $199. If they didn't want to go all the way down to $150, they could at least have done a token $20 drop to $179, maybe.

bread's done
Back