(XBOX ACHIEVEMENTS)Toy Soldiers + Invasian DLC + The Kaiser's Battle DLC: $4.99 Steam

coldgears

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Did a search nothing came up.

Link, clicky clicky.

Ends October 24th. This is a really good deal, especially considering you get both DLC's. It cost me $10 for the full game and all DLC on the xbox... And that was with a 50% off everything.

The game is GFWL enabled (Has xbox achievements). The achievements ARE STACKABLE. This means, if you buy the PC version IT HAS A SEPARATE SET OF ACHIEVEMENTS! What does this mean? A higher gamerscore!:)

[quote name='pROvIs']Game was $2.50 during the summer sale. I would wait until the Christmas sale if you can[/QUOTE]

Was that including the DLC or just the game? This includes the DLC but I don't know if that's part of the deal or if it's always sold with the DLC.

Yes, it did come with dlc. Pc version as far as I know always comes with dlc. For some reason I was thinking they took gfwl out of this game. Maybe they just give you an option to play without it.

"What’s new in the 1.1 update for Toy Soldiers on PC:

Steamworks!

Steamworks features have now been integrated into Toy Soldiers! Steam achievements, Leaderboards, and saving games to the Steam Cloud are now a part of Toy Soldiers for PC.
Toy Soldiers for PC no longer requires Games For Windows LIVE to play! Players who are still working on their Games for Windows LIVE gamerscore need not worry though. After the patch is applied and you launch the game through Steam, you will see a dialog box that will give you the choice to play the new Steamworks version, or the Games For Windows LIVE version of the game. Each version will have its own save file, so progress you make in one version will not be visible by the other. "

"All DLC from the Xbox LIVE® Arcade hit is included!"

Aw totally thought I could get the DLC for XBLA. I don't want to re-beat this game on PC.

Awesome game though. HIGHLY recommend it.

[quote name='Wario64']Lol at achievements being a feature. No one likes GFWL[/QUOTE]

Speaking from experience as an achievement fan myself, for some people GFWL is a major -and for some achievement hunters only- deciding factor as to whether to play a PC game at all. Hell, there’s people who’ve 100%’d Bioshock or Batman:AA six times (360, GFWL, JPN, GER, etc.) just because it ‘stacks’. It’s also why tons of achievement hunters suffer through GFWL and buy Windows Phones and Japanese consoles and so on and so on. Remember when Dark Souls was announced for GFWL?? The internet raged and put up petitions while most of the achievement community was like “YES! YES!!”.

[quote name='loomis1975']"What’s new in the 1.1 update for Toy Soldiers on PC:

Steamworks!

Steamworks features have now been integrated into Toy Soldiers! Steam achievements, Leaderboards, and saving games to the Steam Cloud are now a part of Toy Soldiers for PC.
Toy Soldiers for PC no longer requires Games For Windows LIVE to play! Players who are still working on their Games for Windows LIVE gamerscore need not worry though. After the patch is applied and you launch the game through Steam, you will see a dialog box that will give you the choice to play the new Steamworks version, or the Games For Windows LIVE version of the game. Each version will have its own save file, so progress you make in one version will not be visible by the other. "

"All DLC from the Xbox LIVE® Arcade hit is included!"[/QUOTE]

Yep, so if you REALLY like Toy Soldiers and REALLY like achievements, you can play both versions and get XBOX and PC achievements. . . .

[quote name='warreni']Yep, so if you REALLY like Toy Soldiers and REALLY like achievements, you can play both versions and get XBOX and PC achievements. . . .[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

I played the demo of this once and actually liked it, just never got around to playing it. Five dollars with all the DLC, may as well give it a shot, right?

[quote name='Wario64']Lol at achievements being a feature. No one likes GFWL[/QUOTE]

I DO GODDAMMIT! At least until Steam cheevos have a goddamn metascore.

Great game. I got this on XBLA when it first came out and then bought it again on Steam when it was released there. The only problem with the pc version is that it doesn't have multiplayer if you care about that.

It'll probably be on sale again for the winter sale. In other news, you can only play the sequel (Toy Soldiers Cold War Touch Edition) on PC via Windows 8 and its built in store for $10. Here is hoping it is on Steam soon (and on sale).

bread's done
Back