World War Z Thread - New Trailer!

HeroToTheMasses

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-uk&feature=share

world-war-z-teaser-poster.jpg

Looks like it'll be a mediocre zombie movie, but it's only World War Z in name. This is nothing like the book I loved. It's not like I was expecting a 100% perfect transition from page to screen, you have to change things for the medium change. This though, appears to have nothing that made the story in the book so good. A better format for the book would've been a mini-series, not a movie. End mini rant.

I'll still go watch the movie, was just hoping for something else.

I think this quote from Bill McNeal of WNYX really applies here: "You ripped out its heart and shoved it down its throat. Then you put the whole thing through a meat grinder. Then you cooked it up, ate it with a spoon, and barfed it back onto a cassette."

Aiming for a PG-13 rating, many stories of last minute script rewrites with how gigantic a mess the film is and little to no relation to the book. Yeah, maybe $6 morning showing, but no rush.

And does anyone remember the sketch comedy show called Human Giant? They had a bit called Mosh Pit where it was a rogue mosh pit that was devouring people and destroying everything in it's path. This looks like that sketch, but with alot of CG.

[quote name='JP']Looks like it'll be a mediocre zombie movie, but it's only World War Z in name. This is nothing like the book I loved. It's not like I was expecting a 100% perfect transition from page to screen, you have to change things for the medium change. This though, appears to have nothing that made the story in the book so good. A better format for the book would've been a mini-series, not a movie. End mini rant.

I'll still go watch the movie, was just hoping for something else.[/QUOTE]

i agree with you 100% and if youre a zombie fan theres no excuse to not ever read that book it is the best zombie book ever hands down it was just that amazing. that said world war z would have been better as an hbo tv series that way you could delve into all the diff places the war was happening at as a movie they will do one and if it sells well they will do others.

The tide of zombies looks dumb.Not looking forward to the pg13 either. If it didn't have the World War Z name attached then I probably wouldn't be so bitter. I don't read much but did enjoy that and upset how it looks like they messed it up.

I might see it. I'm not going to clear my schedule the weekend it comes out for it though. The beginning panic scene looked cool.
For a movie I wouldn't care if they didn't follow the books and thought it would have been cool if they say down with Max and came up with a story that could have happened within the time line. Instead I'm better they don't even care what happens in the books.

WHY can't it be an HBO series with each chapter as an episode?!! PG-13? smh, wtf? This looks like a zomb ate the script then shat it out. Looks like the want money and are going for a broad audience, but if they just kept true to the book and rated R the money would come. It HAD the potential to be the best zombie series ever, hell they have the frickin script in their hands!
/rant

Edit: geezus brad pitt's acting is horrible, what a frickin crock. We need to start a kickstarter to do this book right. I'm so pissed.

Since this apparently has nothing to do with the original novel, you know what would've been a good name for this movie? Sea of Zombies (they could even do a tie-in with the new percy jackson movie also coming out next year), for some reason that title sends shivers up my spine, and whenever they show the zombies it always looks like a flood.

^The movie was originally made as a disaster movie that involved a lot of flooding, but then they made it about zombies.

I loved the book. I'm not a fan of the CG zombies, and I'm REALLY not a fan of the change to rage zombies. From the looks of the trailer they likely won't be going with the sit-down interview framing device from the novel.

I'm a sucker for a zombie movie, so I'll probably wind up seeing it.

Massively overrated book.

Movie looks like it has nothing to do with the premise of the book.

Newcomers won't win on either front.

Hold on, wait a minute...I'm suppose to believe a guy that looks like Brad Pitt married a "plain Jane" like Mireille Enos?

Brad.jpg

mireille-enos-03.jpg

Ludicrous.

Kind of interested. Didn't like the book personally, couldn't bring myself to finish it.

I like the look of the movie though, but I'm so tired of zombies. I wish everything zombie related would go away for a few years.

Read the book and thought it was highly overrated. Actually had to force myself to get through it, it was that boring. Now the movie is done with the whole family on the run thing, which I hate. Meh....

[quote name='praxus07']Read the book and thought it was highly overrated. Actually had to force myself to get through it, it was that boring. Now the movie is done with the whole family on the run thing, which I hate. Meh....[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It was extremely lazy writing too. The documentary format was an excuse just to have people talk on and on and on without having to write any kind of description for action or places. The reporter serves next to no purpose either. In a documentary format obviously the focus is on the subject and not the one asking questions, but the reporter might not as well have even existed. It could have been a "The Office" style documentary where you never see or hear the producer asking questions.

bread's done
Back