Average Box

CAGiversary!
Here is EB Games Black Friday Super Sale Flyer (Nov. 22 to Nov. 26):

http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/landing/flyer/black-friday-2012/#.UKvwbIf7LX5

Deals:

COD: Black Ops Declassified PS Vita Bundle - $199.99
500GB PS3 Bundles (Comes with 1 year Playstation Plus Subscription) - $299.99
Playstation Move Essentials (Comes with Sports Champions 2) - $39.99
4GB Xbox 360 Kinect Holiday Bundle (Comes with Kinect Disneyland Adventures + Kinect Adventures) - $199.99
PS3 Dualshock 3 Controller - $39.99
Leapster GS Explorer - $69.99 - NOV 23 ONLY!
Innotab Learning Tablet - $69.99
Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Mouse - $59.99
Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Headset - $89.99
Nyko Playpad Pro Tablet Controller - $39.99
Save 10% On all Beats by Dr Dre Headsets
Save 10% On Recycled Games
Save $10 on the purchase of a $50 iTunes Card
Save 50% On all new Ubisoft Games Priced $29.99 or Less

$59.99 Games:

Black Ops 2 - [360/PS3]
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 w/ Gun - [360/PS3/WII]

$49.99 Games:

Assassin's Creed 3 [PS3/360] - (Comes with a graphic novel + DLC)
Skylander Giants Starter Kit - [360/PS3/WII/3DS]
NBA 2K13 - [360/PS3]

$44.99 Games:

NHL 13 - [360/PS3]
Fifa Soccer 13 - [360/PS3]
Madden NFL 13 - [360/PS3]

$39.99 Games:

Borderlands 2 - [360/PS3]
Skyrim - [360/PS3/PC]
Nascar The Game: Inside Line - [360/PS3]
Dishonored [360/PS3/PC]
Medal of Honor: Warfighter - [360/PS3/PC]
Diablo 3 - [PC]
Persona 4 Arena - [360/PS3]
Forza Horizon - [360] - NOV 25-29 ONLY
Kinect Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure - [360] - NOV 23-28 ONLY

$29.99 Games:

Dead or Alive 5 - [360/PS3]
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - [360/PS3]
Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition - [360/PS3]
Sleeping Dogs - [360/PS3]
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - [WII/3DS]
Doom 3 BFG Edition - [360/PS3]
DragonBall Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - [360/PS3]
Zumba Fitness 2 - [WII]
Little Big Planet Karting - [PS3]
Star Wars Kinect - [360]
Zumba Fitness Rush - [360]

$19.99 Games:

Silent Hill Downpour - [360/PS3]
Devil May Cry HD Collection - [360/PS3]
Max Payne 3 - [360/PS3]
Dirt Showdown - [360/PS3]
Game of Thrones - [360/PS3] - NOV 23 and NOV 24 ONLY!
Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition - [360/PS3]
Lollipop Chainsaw - [360/PS3]
Lego Batman 2 - [360/PS3/3DS/DS/PC/WII/VITA]
Kingdom Hearts: 3D Dream Drop Distance - [3DS]
Angry Birds Trilogy - [360/PS3/3DS]
Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater - [3DS]
Sonic Generation - [360/PS3/3DS]
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations - [360/PS3]
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - [360/PS3]
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria - [PC]
Kinect Sesame Street TV - [360]
Kinect Nat Geo TV - [360]

$14.99 Games:

Dark Souls - [360/PS3]

$9.99 Games:

Dead Island - [360/PS3]

Thanks OP.

That's an awesome sale IMHO.

Saints Row The Third The Full Package only came out a couple of weeks back, but at $29.99 I don't think I'll be able to resist.

Awesome thanks so much for posting this. Lots of good deals. First off Borderlands 2 and Dishonored are a steal at $40 each.

I'm in for DMC HD Collection, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and MGS HD Collection.

Thanks OP, some decent deals there worth checking out.

Question, is the 29.99 header in white font? Because I can't see it on the mobile version of CAG.

[quote name='VetraX']Thanks OP.

That's an awesome sale IMHO.

Saints Row The Third The Full Package only came out a couple of weeks back, but at $29.99 I don't think I'll be able to resist.[/QUOTE]

No problem :)

[quote name='CoachHines']Awesome thanks so much for posting this. Lots of good deals. First off Borderlands 2 and Dishonored are a steal at $40 each.

I'm in for DMC HD Collection, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and MGS HD Collection.[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to get DMC HD as well, I might also get Batman Arkham City GOTY and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations.

[quote name='PapaLau']Thanks OP, some decent deals there worth checking out.

Question, is the 29.99 header in white font? Because I can't see it on the mobile version of CAG.[/QUOTE]

No Problem, yes it is $29.99 in white.

[quote name='Average Box']I'm tempted to get DMC HD as well, I might also get Batman Arkham City GOTY and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations.
[/QUOTE]

If you have a good enough PC, GreenManGaming has Arkham Asylum + Arkham City GotY bundle for $20 (no tax either)

[quote name='CoachHines']If you have a good enough PC, GreenManGaming has Arkham Asylum + Arkham City GotY bundle for $20 (no tax either)[/QUOTE]

I know I can get it cheaper for PC, It's just I played the first one on PS3.

My brother broke his PS3 controller (somehow...?), so looks like I'll pick one up during this sale. $39 is much better than $54. :p

Wait, a good sale at EB Games? This is a new one.

Arkham City and Lollipop Chainsaw look like my top picks. I'd consider Game of Thrones, but I've heard it's terrible enough to drop in price even further.

Does anyone know if EB does price adjustments on stuff when sale prices like this come along? I finally bit the bullet and bought New Vegas Ultimate Edition on the weekend (still sealed, thankfully), and was a little ticked off to see the price drop like this so soon after.

[quote name='Bamm']Does anyone know if EB does price adjustments on stuff when sale prices like this come along? I finally bit the bullet and bought New Vegas Ultimate Edition on the weekend (still sealed, thankfully), and was a little ticked off to see the price drop like this so soon after.[/QUOTE]

I'm about 90% sure they do not, which is why I generally don't by from EB unless its a day one release (since they won't drop in price within 30 days) or if EB has the lowest available price (rare).

They don't, but there's nothing to stop you from returning the higher-priced copy within the normal 30-day return period.

[quote name='Bamm']Does anyone know if EB does price adjustments on stuff when sale prices like this come along? I finally bit the bullet and bought New Vegas Ultimate Edition on the weekend (still sealed, thankfully), and was a little ticked off to see the price drop like this so soon after.[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on your store. Mine always will.

Nice deals, although I think I've seen most games listed here at these prices or less in recent times.

Lollipop Chainsaw is a game I enjoyed for $20. General play-style is similar to Bayonetta, although I would describe Lollipop Chainsaw's main character and enemies as wacky whereas Bayonetta was cool. And despite the way it looks, I would have to say Lollipop Chainsaw is actually less sexually explicit. There's also a variety of mini-games. Sadly, it's rather short. But I'd be pretty happy with the game even if I had paid $30-40. Not the original $60 MSRP though.

[quote name='JoJoBlue']Nice deals, although I think I've seen most games listed here at these prices or less in recent times.

Lollipop Chainsaw is a game I enjoyed for $20. General play-style is similar to Bayonetta, although I would describe Lollipop Chainsaw's main character and enemies as wacky whereas Bayonetta was cool. And despite the way it looks, I would have to say Lollipop Chainsaw is actually less sexually explicit. There's also a variety of mini-games. Sadly, it's rather short. But I'd be pretty happy with the game even if I had paid $30-40. Not the original $60 MSRP though.[/QUOTE]

Lollipop Chainsaw combat is shallow. Bayonetta has deep combat and is considered one of, if not the best action games ever. Just putting that out there.

[quote name='CoachHines']Lollipop Chainsaw combat is shallow. Bayonetta has deep combat and is considered one of, if not the best action games ever. Just putting that out there.[/QUOTE]

I agree that it is considered so, but I found Bayonetta slow and boring to start, whereas Lollipop was silly and fun, which I found more engaging.

[quote name='JoJoBlue']
Lollipop Chainsaw is a game I enjoyed for $20. General play-style is similar to Bayonetta, although I would describe Lollipop Chainsaw's main character and enemies as wacky whereas Bayonetta was cool. And despite the way it looks, I would have to say Lollipop Chainsaw is actually less sexually explicit. There's also a variety of mini-games. Sadly, it's rather short. But I'd be pretty happy with the game even if I had paid $30-40. Not the original $60 MSRP though.[/QUOTE]

It has tremendous production value. Not only are you getting Suda and Yamaoka, but a great range of voice actors courtesy Warner Bros.

[quote name='CoachHines']Bayonetta has deep combat and is considered one of, if not the best action games ever. Just putting that out there.[/QUOTE]

Bayonetta is garbage *flame on*

[quote name='refinedsugar']Um....[/QUOTE]

Lol Ik, I just posted everything basically in that flyer.

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']Does anyone know if these are going live tonight online?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they update their website till around 8 am eastern. I could be wrong though.

[quote name='rana09']any COLLECTOR or LIMITED EDITIONS on SALE?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not any that I know of, if there was it would be in the flyer or on the price drop/sales section of their website.

Will be getting Sleeping Dogs and LBP Karting somewhere. Would prefer BB (just don't like EB's overall business policies), not sure if they will price match.

Haven't seen their deals yet either.

Would have liked to see some Vita game deals. AC Liberation, Madden both need price drops. Something cheap please:bouncy:

Ugh I just got home and now I will head back out for The Witcher.

Nice, got a non gutted one with the guide and everything. Worth It!

Last edited by a moderator:
Futureshop has some good deals as well. Sleeping Dogs is $30 over at FS. A few other spotters as well.

In their newsletter/spam they just sent, they mention "Web exclusive offers starting friday". I'll try not to buy too many games today, just in case they get better deals starting tomorrow...!

Question for y'all: I used to order from EB Games with no issues. My info was saved on my account. Now, I moved to the UK temporarily but would like to place the order online. I keep getting the message that my CC info is incorrect. Would it have anything to do with the fact that I'm overseas? My CC works fine, just not with them.

I reallllllllly don't wanna miss out!!!

Ugh just had the worst experience ever at Scarborough Town Center EB. I walk up to the counter and both employees blatantly ignore me, I guess what was on their phone was much more interesting and worthwhile than serving the customer. I said excuse me and asked for Devil May Cry HD Collection and the response I got was "Oh the sale starts tomorrow". I was in a hurry so I left and decided to call them from outside the store to ask when the sale starts and the response I got was "today".

Absolutely disgusted with the behavior of the employees and the blatant lying to me face. Is there any way I can complain to head office or a district manager?

[quote name='CoachHines']Ugh just had the worst experience ever at Scarborough Town Center EB. I walk up to the counter and both employees blatantly ignore me, I guess what was on their phone was much more interesting and worthwhile than serving the customer. I said excuse me and asked for Devil May Cry HD Collection and the response I got was "Oh the sale starts tomorrow". I was in a hurry so I left and decided to call them from outside the store to ask when the sale starts and the response I got was "today".

Absolutely disgusted with the behavior of the employees and the blatant lying to me face. Is there any way I can complain to head office or a district manager?[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I'd have gone back in, yelled hey! and kick over whichever rack was nearest me, before throwing up a pair of Johnny Cash's.

[quote name='CoachHines']Ugh just had the worst experience ever at Scarborough Town Center EB. I walk up to the counter and both employees blatantly ignore me, I guess what was on their phone was much more interesting and worthwhile than serving the customer. I said excuse me and asked for Devil May Cry HD Collection and the response I got was "Oh the sale starts tomorrow". I was in a hurry so I left and decided to call them from outside the store to ask when the sale starts and the response I got was "today".

Absolutely disgusted with the behavior of the employees and the blatant lying to me face. Is there any way I can complain to head office or a district manager?[/QUOTE]

don`t they usually have like tons of signs advertising the sale and when they start....but other then that i don't think they really give two crap about what their employees do...EB games actually has horrible service

I just got back, stopped there after work and picked up Sleeping Dogs, Arkham City GOTY, AC Revelations and Kingdom Hearts 3D.

I was the only person in the store, lol. Never had bad service at the EB games around here before.

I'm sure they weren't lying to you, just uninformed. That is poor customer service, though, to not give you their fullest attention. The best thing to do (better than contacting customer service) is to let the store manager know of the experience; they care the most and have the most power to prevent it from happening again.

Just contact their head office through the website, because then it trickles down to the district manager and the store manager so everyone is aware of the problem.

[quote name='QuagsireQing']I'm sure they weren't lying to you, just uninformed.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like he got the correct answer from the same people when he called them from outside.

I didn't even go to EB, I just went right to Best Buy and price matched.

Argh, too slow. The Witcher 2 is already sold-out online. I'll see if I can get it in store tonight...

(Are store really crowded on Black Friday in Canada? I always ordered online to avoid crowd...)

Maybe it was busy at opening at EB, I heard some stuff soldout then. But when I wandered in yesterday afternoon to grab The Witcher 2 I was the only guy in the store. But that was a non-mall location, those are always better, and most of these deals are just kinda warm.

Stuff like Walmart and Bestbuy should be avoided though. I'm sure there are millions of stupids in there buying full priced TVs.

bread's done
Back