PS Vita 16GB memory card $45 at Amazon

[quote name='Umair56']Is this not the usual price for one of these? I got a 16gb from NewEgg for $47 over the summer.[/QUOTE]
Yeah $46-$47 is the usual price amazon sells the 16gb for. It just shot up after that vita bundle deal over black friday.

[quote name='Umair56']Is this not the usual price for one of these? I got a 16gb from NewEgg for $47 over the summer.[/QUOTE]

The MSRP is $60

Bought one with the free $5 promo. $43 shipped isn't bad when I can sell my 4gb for at least $10.

Should hold me over for a few years until they release 64 and 128gb sticks and the 32gb's will drop down a lot.

I price matched amazon for a 16gb card @best buy a few days before the ps plus update to the vita, and even though it fills up fast it was worth it. 32gb is just too freaking expensive.

i broke down and bought a 32 gig last week... pricematched at bb for 90. brutal. but i'd filled the silly 4 gig in 3 games flat

I can't bring myself to spend this much on a 16gb card. I'd really like to get a 32gb for my vita, especially with ps plus giving free shit every other week. For now, I'm downloading free vita ps+ content onto my ps3 which I upgraded to a 750gb hard drive, so that I can have it downloaded before it's removed as free content from the ps store.

fucking ridiculous, but it's as ridiculous as the memory card prices.

Went for a 16GB since I don't ever buy anything digitally if it comes out with a physical copy. It should last me a good while.

Lol I remember one day when I went to Amazon and they randomly had the 32GB Memory Card for $71.99 and I bit. It was lost in trasaction, so they sent me another with one-day shipping (an upgrade from my 2-day shipping due to Prime) and it arrived on time. A few days later the lost one arrived as well. 2 32GB Memory Cards for $71.99 :D!

TL;DR: Amazon lost the first 32GB at the facility, sent another, the original was found and shipped to me anyways. 2 for $71.99 :D!

[quote name='Ninjouzata']Lol I remember one day when I went to Amazon and they randomly had the 32GB Memory Card for $71.99 and I bit. It was lost in trasaction, so they sent me another with one-day shipping (an upgrade from my 2-day shipping due to Prime) and it arrived on time. A few days later the lost one arrived as well. 2 32GB Memory Cards for $71.99 :D!

TL;DR: Amazon lost the first 32GB at the facility, sent another, the original was found and shipped to me anyways. 2 for $71.99 :D![/QUOTE]

No way amazon would do that. They aren't loose like that .. Then again its easy to scam amazon and say you have a defective/didn't recieve item.

Considering you can "buy" stuff on PS+ without downloading it right away and just get it later, and that I'll probably stick with physical games for now and there aren't even that many games on Vita I will really ever buy....I guess I haven't seen the appeal yet of a giant card I'll never fill up. It's almost like it's an excuse to buy more games.

[quote name='Ninjouzata']Lol I remember one day when I went to Amazon and they randomly had the 32GB Memory Card for $71.99 and I bit. It was lost in trasaction, so they sent me another with one-day shipping (an upgrade from my 2-day shipping due to Prime) and it arrived on time. A few days later the lost one arrived as well. 2 32GB Memory Cards for $71.99 :D!

TL;DR: Amazon lost the first 32GB at the facility, sent another, the original was found and shipped to me anyways. 2 for $71.99 :D![/QUOTE]
What's more likely is that UPS lost your package in their sorting facility. It happens all the time. Much less often with 2-day than ground but it is still known to happen. Every Fed-ex package I get seems to have it happen. 2-day shipping always turns into a week.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']No way amazon would do that. They aren't loose like that .. Then again its easy to scam amazon and say you have a defective/didn't recieve item.[/QUOTE]

He's not saying the package arrived without a card. He's saying the entire package was lost.

Still, since the original one showed up didn't return it, keeping the second is immoral and the same as stealing. In the big picture, it also ensures that prices are less likely to drop, because retailers have to make up for loss/theft and pass it onto the consumer.

Enjoy your extra 16gb memory card, thief. You've screwed everybody just a little.

[quote name='iamthekiller']He's not saying the package arrived without a card. He's saying the entire package was lost.

Still, since the original one showed up didn't return it, keeping the second is immoral and the same as stealing. In the big picture, it also ensures that prices are less likely to drop, because retailers have to make up for loss/theft and pass it onto the consumer.

Enjoy your extra 16gb memory card, thief. You've screwed everybody just a little.[/QUOTE]

For what its worth, retailers already calculate loss/theft into their prices. It won't raise the price any since they already assume that this stuff happens. And, yes, the whole theory that "it wouldn't be that way if nobody did etc etc" is TRUE, but then again, that's why we have armies and nukes right? If everyone just stopped fighting, we wouldn't need, etc etc.

TLDR; he didn't screw anyone over. One man can't change the world blah blah etc. Welcome to reality. :cold:

I decided to just bite on the Toys R Us promotion of buy one, get one at 50% off. Bought Far Cry 3 for Xbox 360 for $59.99, and got a $59.99 16 GB Vita memory card for $29.99. Figured it was the best I could do, and Far Cry is definitely worth the $60.

[quote name='iamthekiller']He's not saying the package arrived without a card. He's saying the entire package was lost.

Enjoy your extra 16gb memory card, thief. You've screwed everybody just a little.[/QUOTE]

But its amazon... They wouldve cancel the previous order when founded im pretty sure he means in the amazon warehouse where they have the item b4 they ship , they wouldnt have sended it

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I decided to just bite on the Toys R Us promotion of buy one, get one at 50% off. Bought Far Cry 3 for Xbox 360 for $59.99, and got a $59.99 16 GB Vita memory card for $29.99. Figured it was the best I could do, and Far Cry is definitely worth the $60.[/QUOTE]

Holy shite ! I didnt even think about doing that, great idea !

I actually got a 32 and 16 gb durring the sony sale. PM'd @ Best Buy

I actually had some trouble setting up my Vita. Looks like there was another patch the other day after i patched it for the first time. I like to wait a day or two after a patch to make sure there are no problems. So it will be a day or so before i can format my 32gb and start playing

Question: Do i have to do anything to link my PS+ account? Id like to take advantage of these PS+ games for the vita but am not sure if it would be best to just d.load them directly, or put them my PS3, then transfer them, or what. Id also like to try to transfer some of my PS1 classics like Suikoden, but am concerned about the stupid limitations Sony put on how many consoles/handhelds you can put a game on.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']No way amazon would do that. They aren't loose like that .. Then again its easy to scam amazon and say you have a defective/didn't recieve item.[/QUOTE]

Lol I never got how ppl could 'scam' Amazon like that... I had a package that didn't show up til a month later and I tried talking to CS about it, all they told me was to contact UPS about it since its their problem and they just gave me $10 promotional credits to keep me 'satisfied' ~_~.

I've heard of people at my old high school intentionally saying that they never received their package at all and receive a full replacement free of charge (so two items for the price of one), but I always found that hard to believe because Amazon provides a tracking number? The world works in strange ways lmfao @_@

[quote name='ken9']Lol I never got how ppl could 'scam' Amazon like that... I had a package that didn't show up til a month later and I tried talking to CS about it, all they told me was to contact UPS about it since its their problem and they just gave me $10 promotional credits to keep me 'satisfied' ~_~.

I've heard of people at my old high school intentionally saying that they never received their package at all and receive a full replacement free of charge (so two items for the price of one), but I always found that hard to believe because Amazon provides a tracking number? The world works in strange ways lmfao @_@[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that's mail fraud and you can go to prison for it. They take it VERY seriously.

"Possible Punishments for Mail Fraud Crimes

Mail fraud, a felony, carries a sentence of up to five years in prison and/or fines of up to $250,000 when individuals are involved and up to 30 years in prison and/or $1,000,000 in fines when a financial institution is involved."

Obviously there are extreme cases of mail fraud and it all depends on the situation. But if you are purposely doing this, (and often)like those kids, you could really screw yourself.

Grabbed a 16gb card.

With the $5 off $25, plus I had $5 credit from Hitman. The email amazon sent said that the price dropped so they gave me $5 promo credit. $38.65 shipped for me so not bad. Have to deal with these prices for now, but no way I'm buying a 32gb right now.

If anyone wants my 4gb card I have one for $10 shipped.

[quote name='callmewoof']One man can't change the world blah blah etc. Welcome to reality. :cold:[/QUOTE]
History Begs to differ. Statistically it's very unlikely however, we have lots of stories in history where 1 man did change the world.

Granted, someone stealing an extra memory card is 99.999% likely not going to be the causality that does it.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I decided to just bite on the Toys R Us promotion of buy one, get one at 50% off. Bought Far Cry 3 for Xbox 360 for $59.99, and got a $59.99 16 GB Vita memory card for $29.99. Figured it was the best I could do, and Far Cry is definitely worth the $60.[/QUOTE]

My store only had the 4 and 8 gb ones :(. But I just remembered I have my daily deal gc to use so I may go get 2-8 gb cards which would be 44.98 plus tax minus 20 for the daily deal. So my oop would be about 35 for the 16 gb. Damn Sony and their crap.

[quote name='DaShaka']Not to mention that's mail fraud and you can go to prison for it. They take it VERY seriously.

"Possible Punishments for Mail Fraud Crimes

Mail fraud, a felony, carries a sentence of up to five years in prison and/or fines of up to $250,000 when individuals are involved and up to 30 years in prison and/or $1,000,000 in fines when a financial institution is involved."

Obviously there are extreme cases of mail fraud and it all depends on the situation. But if you are purposely doing this, (and often)like those kids, you could really screw yourself.[/QUOTE]

Even if they get away with it at the moment. Still not smart to brag about it online. You never know who might be surfing the sites.

Yeah, I think I'll muddle along with the 8GB for now (that came with mine). When the 32GB approaches this price ($45) I might bite - though that is still too much :bomb:.

This can be had for $41 and the 32gb for $76.50 with the $5 off $25. My 16gb came really fast, going to transfer everything over now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got $35 in BB credit.. tempting.

Edit: $81 for the 32 gig... $45 out of pocket for one..... hmmm. If only they had the jacked up trade-in prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='StealOfADeal']I've got $35 in BB credit.. tempting.

Edit: $81 for the 32 gig... $45 out of pocket for one..... hmmm. If only they had the jacked up trade-in prices.[/QUOTE]The $81 is perm on walmart.com so u can wait a while also, the new trade in deals starts after xmas but not sure if that means 100% is back then or not.

Ended up getting the 16GB while it was still $45 (Deal's now dead again, though the 32GB price is still active). I might as well get the cheaper one that still has plenty of space, and put what I would've spent on the 32GB towards something like Persona 4 Golden. And if the 32GB drops in price and I'm running low on space, then I'll consider upgrading. For the time being, I've got no problem just sticking with physical media for the big-file-size (3GB) games.

[quote name='Cao Cao']Ended up getting the 16GB while it was still $45 (Deal's now dead again, though the 32GB price is still active). I might as well get the cheaper one that still has plenty of space, and put what I would've spent on the 32GB towards something like Persona 4 Golden. And if the 32GB drops in price and I'm running low on space, then I'll consider upgrading. For the time being, I've got no problem just sticking with physical media for the big-file-size (3GB) games.[/QUOTE]

wa2i35.jpg

Just kidding dude. I did the same thing. Enjoy your 16GB.

bread's done
Back