Other video game podcasts?

jamesmckeephx

CAG Veteran
Hey guys just wondering what other podcasts everyone else is keeping up with beside cag? I listen to a couple others and just wondering if I am missing out on anything

BigRedBarrel Boom
Giant Bombcast
Assorted IGN Podcasts
Gamer Tag Radio
Official Playstation Blogcast
KOXM Radio
The Game Informer Show

[quote name='sdime98']BigRedBarrel Boom
Giant Bombcast
Assorted IGN Podcasts
Gamer Tag Radio
Official Playstation Blogcast
KOXM Radio
The Game Informer Show[/QUOTE]

almost the same list as mine! lol. also i listen to married gamers and gamer husbands. what ever happened to uncle gamer, sarcastic gamer and the gamercast network?

IGN Podcast Unlocked
RadioRadar (unofficial sequel to TalkRadar, but more about games and not random old pop-culture references)
Giant Bombcast
Major Nelson's Podcast

I used to listen to KOXM as well when Ryan hosted it, but the new host says the word "like" at least once per sentence which makes it unbearable =/.

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']IGN Podcast Unlocked
RadioRadar (unofficial sequel to TalkRadar, but more about games and not random old pop-culture references)
Giant Bombcast
Major Nelson's Podcast

I used to listen to KOXM as well when Ryan hosted it, but the new host says the word "like" at least once per sentence which makes it unbearable =/.[/QUOTE]

I really hate Ryan, but I still listen every week. I can't figure that one out.

Anyway, my favorites:

Giant Bombcast (The Best. It took a while to love it, but I love it almost as much as the Cagcast. I trust these guys opinions more than anyone else in the industry.)
Rebel FM (When Arthur isn't being snooty it's a great podcast!)
Rooster Teeth Podcast (Very good internet "personalities". Just fun to listen to every week. Not necessarily video game related all the time.)
The Geekbox (Nerd related. I enjoy this podcast a lot, but I could see it being a something you either love or hate.)

Other, non video games.

The Comedy Button (Some of the early episodes are fantastic!)
Good Job Brain! (Fun fact trivia!)

The Besties
Giant Bombcast
Joystiq Podcast
Nintendo Voice Chat
Playstation Blogcast
Player 1 Podcast
Playstation Nation Podcast
Podcast Beyond
Video Game Confidential
Weekend Confirmed
Games, Damnit
Retronauts
8-4 Play

Non (or only some) video game podcasts:

Comic Vine Podcast
My Brother, My Brother, And Me
Rooster Teeth

Giant Bombcast
Player 1 podcast
8-4 play
Radioradar: which is ok, not one of my favorites but I have a lot of time in my car to kill
Rooster Teeth podcast: Though it's rarely about games, it's still entertaining

I'm looking forward to checking out some mentioned in here though.
Though a new CAGcast this week would be even better.

Pro podcasts
Giant Bomb
IGN (Game Scoop, Podcast Beyond, Podcast Unlocked)
Major Nelson
Weekend Confirmed

Independent
Signed In
Checkmate Arcade
POWCast

Wait a minute on those last two ... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have as much time as I sued to for podcasts, but I really like the Super Joystiq podcast. I also listen to the RPGcast, but even though they have been doing it for ages, it still feels really amateur. There's a lot of awkward pauses, no one responding, overt arguing. It can be really good, but it's definitely as niche as much of its subject matter lol. The lusiprr.com podcast is also amazing.

Giantbomb

The indoor kids - listen to this from time to time, not much on game news but they have interesting celebrities on talking games.

Lasertime - not gaming but its the old talk radar guys talking any type of obscure pop culture topics.

And occasionally 1up: games, damnit. And the joystiq podcast.

Bombcast
Player 1
Cag Cast
Rebel FM
8-4 Play
Vic's Basement
Retronauts............. RIP :(
IGN Beyond
IGN unlocked
IGN Game Scoop
IGN UK
IGN AU
IGN Nintendo VC
Joystiq

And Kevin Smith Stuff

WOW after looking at that list that's a lot more then I realized that I listen to every week. Who needs TV, I guess I listen to more about games then actually play.

The Bombcast goes without saying but I'd recommend the early Three Red Lights podcasts from IGN and Vic's Basement.

I remember Three Red Lights being incredibly funny up until they changed hosts and Vic's Basement is great if you've been watching Electric Playground or Reviews on the Run for a while.

I'll have to check some of these out - the ones I've tried getting into aren't nearly as good as the CAGcast - mostly a lot of dudes trying to talk over one another.

[quote name='Javery']I'll have to check some of these out - the ones I've tried getting into aren't nearly as good as the CAGcast - mostly a lot of dudes trying to talk over one another.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I'm right there with you on that.
None of the podcasts people continuously mention ever seem to be as good as the Cagcast. For instance I've tried to get into Giantbomb but...

-These are my faves all really funny and insightful.
Bombcast
Gamertag Radio
Rebel FM
Indoor Kids
Joystiq Podcast
Player One Podcast
Gamers With Jobs
Weekend Confirmed

2 Chimps on a Davenport does it for me, although let's be honest here: they don't do podcasts as frequently as they used to. Hysterical discussions and great in-depth video game talk in one lump sum.

ok here is my list of what i listen to:

1. CAG obviously

2. Ginat Bombcast

3. IGN Playstation Beyond

4. 8-4 Play

Bombcast, all other podcasts I listen to are non-gaming related. I tried listening to others but CAGcast and giant bomb are better than the rest so no need to listen to others.

Rooster Teeth just started a side podcast dedicated to gaming called The Patch.  One hour, no more no less (so says Gus).

For those of you mentioning how it's hard to find something as good as the CAGCast, you might as well stop looking.  There isn't.  This thread is merely to keep something fresh in our ears in between the weekly fix of CAGCast.

My latest pet peeve with many podcasts is the fact that so many of them have gone to video and/or live streaming.  I listen to podcasts to listen, mostly while driving.

Giant Bomb's is great, although it helps if you're in the same general age group as the staff (late 20s to late 30s) when they get into their non-video game tangents.

Other than CAGCast I listen to Star Talk, Geeks Guide to the Galaxy, SModcast, and XS Gaming. I know you guys check out SModcast so I don't have explain it.

-I love astronomy, so Star Talk helps me learn more of it with Neil Degrasse Tyson. He's such a cool dude. Sometimes he will have some cool co-hosts like comedians.
-Geeks Guide is really cool for readers of Sci-Fi and Fantasy. They bring in authors and interview them for half the show, then the rest on a certain topic they pick.
-XS Gaming is a friend iof mines podcast. They do retro gaming with some of the new as well. Check em out on iTunes or podomatic under X S Gaming.

I started one about 2 months. It's really fun. Though, we are still getting the hang of it. I think our first episode went well, but the next 2 we were experimenting with hanging our friends on XBL with us. At first we tried it with the mic up to the speaker, it was horrible, I was cranky because of so many chords around me. But the last 2 episodes went kind of well. We finally got our XBL friends going into the mixer, but every now and then something happens. We talk about gaming, some news. We are still sloppy at it, but its fun getting chatting a out the things we like. We also don't plan things out. We tried before and we sounded as if we were being held at gunpoint being forced to talk. So we just gather topics through our the week, throw em on the table and go from there. You guys got any tips or suggestion?

Vidjagame Apocalypse is funny.

IGN Games Podcast - Good

Player One & 8-4 Play are both decent.

The Indoor Kids is funny but often OT.

Wired Game Life - I good but sometimes talk too much about themselves in boring ways.

Laser Time - Which doesn't talk about games so much but semi-related.

I second, third or fourth Bombcast.

IGN beyond is the only other one I keep up with these days.  I use to listen to the Geekbox but haven't listened in almost a year now.

Player One Podcast and Giant Bomb are my other favorites. Player One Podcast is made up of people who used to work at Electronic Gaming Monthly before the 1UP website started.

I pretty much listen to everything on IGN and Game Informer's podcast. Podcast Beyond and the CAGcast are my personal faves. I tried Giant Bombcast, Major Nelson and couple of others, but I didn't like them as much. Game Informer is starting to get stale as well. I masy try Giant Bomb again. 

I know that they get a lot of flack around here, but Podcast Beyond has been one of my faves for a while, especially getting back into Sony.  I love those guys and think it would be awesome to hangout with them in real life.  

I know it isn't a podcast, but Greg Miller recently started the Game Over Greggy Show on Youtube.  It comes out as an mp3 on fridays for a $1, and then mondays on youtube.  Just a bunch of IGn guys sitting around each bringing a topic.  Some really crazy topics have come up with things like Disney Princess you would  fuck .  Really interesting group of guys and fun show, not much video game stuff though.

Yes the Giant Bombcast is great for people in there late 20s or early 30s.  My favorite podcast on the net.

Also

• Gamers with Jobs
  • PC Gamer
  • IGN Podcast Unlocked
  • IGN Beyond (can be obnoxious as they are not that funny but they laugh alot)
  • Mature Gamer bits and PCs
  • Maximum PC No BS podcat

bread's done
Back