[PC] Gamefly End of the World Sale! XCOM $25; Walking Dead $12

mtommy79

CAGiversary!
d_holiday_2012_sale_day1.jpg

The apocalypse is upon us in only 11 days, if you believe in that sort of thing, and GameFly wants you playing games to the bitter end. In its "Not so Scary End of the World" sale, the company will be offering sales on a new batch of games every two days, starting today.

The first batch of games will be on sale for 48 hours, and include The Walking Dead and XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

http://www.gamefly.com/download-gam...,150105,150360,5003915,5004241,150175,5004637

Sale Starts on 12/10/12 and Ends 12/24/12 at 11:59 PM PST
Crysis Maximum Edition $7.50

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition $15

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $2.50

The Walking Dead $12.50 *Activates via Steam*

XCOM: Enemy Unknown $25 *Activates via Steam*

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut $5
Other games that will be coming in future sales through December 21 include Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Torchlight 2, Borderlands 2, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3. A last chance sale will be held on December 22-24, if we are all still here....lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Very tempted on XCOM. Already have it on PS3 but I want a PC copy too. Might wait for it to get in the $10-$20 next year though.

The coupon isn't working on The Walking Dead for me.

EDIT: Never mind, it doesn't show at the bottom, but shows at the top right of the screen.

Technically, TWD was cheaper on Gamersgate a few months back, but that deal is dead and gone. $10 is a great price for it. Shoot, $25 and you still would get your money's worth.

Thank you OP, I was looking for a deal on XCOM - it will make the perfect Christmas gift for a good friend of mine. :)

Hrm, tempted on TWD, but I don't need anything to play at the moment, and suspect we'll see it for $7.50 or even $5 within the next year. Or at least back at $10 next summer. So I think I'll pass for now.

Still, very tempting.

Thanks! Picked up TWD. Great deal!

Took me a minute to figure out how to activate it on Steam. The key is in the email they send you after you purchase.

BTW: Witcher 2 was $7.50 during the Black Friday Steam sale and I'm guessing it'll be $7.50 again during the Winter sale.

I'm waiting on XCOM. It's buggy and will be $10 by the end of next year (when they fix all the bugs!)

Unbelievable deal, thanks! Picking up TWD for sure and I'm so tempted for X-Com but damn I have to draw the line on getting games and there's no way I'm going to have time to play it now. Also I want a better PC first.

Man I have XCOM for the 360 sitting here unopened from Wal Mart for $25. This beats that deal for the PC. I just thought since I was hearing that it seemed to control better with the 360 controller and as far as DLC goes I have a stack of unused points it would be the way to go. Man if they had a the modding integrated right into the game like CIV it would be no contest but now I have a choice to make.

Thanks, OP.

$20 for Xcom was my price point. Been waiting for a while now!

I passed on The Walking Dead. I played a little bit of the first episode (a "free" episode for Playstation Plus members). It was fun, but I'm in no hurry to bite just yet. Happy that other people are interested and found a great price, though.

Tempted for TWD, but I've never played any PC games. Anyone know if a year old laptop with 4 gigs ram and dual core AMD will be able to play it? Thanks

should i buy xcom now? this is the cheapest ive seen for it so far. Do you think the winter sale will have something better? I mean i could wait until next year but why get it when the game might be dead by then.

[quote name='golfing7861']Tempted for TWD, but I've never played any PC games. Anyone know if a year old laptop with 4 gigs ram and dual core AMD will be able to play it? Thanks[/QUOTE]

thats my pc but i got a good vid card. i can run any game, TWD doesnt seem too intensive

[quote name='Fluxy']should i buy xcom now? this is the cheapest ive seen for it so far. Do you think the winter sale will have something better? I mean i could wait until next year but why get it when the game might be dead by then.[/QUOTE]

I don't think multiplayer is the draw xcom. If $20 is too much for you, waiting won't hurt.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I don't think multiplayer is the draw xcom. If $20 is too much for you, waiting won't hurt.[/QUOTE]

im not gonna lie its looks badass, but i just dont want steam giving a better deal like xcom + all dlc for 25 bucks or something, i hope this isnt a mistake waiting

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Technically, TWD was cheaper on Gamersgate a few months back, but that deal is dead and gone. $10 is a great price for it. Shoot, $25 and you still would get your money's worth.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain that technicality from GG and the price that it was?

[quote name='ckc4043']Any new deal on console today?[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333665
If the OP isn't updated by the time the new sale starts, bookmark this link to find out what the deals are: https://twitter.com/gameflydeals

On topic: Since this sale runs a lot longer than their normal PC download sales, I'd wait to buy anything till the next Steam Winter sale starts. This may be the lowest price these games will be, but wouldn't it suck if you do overpay if Steam has a better discount?

I have a Gamefly $5 credit that's expiring soon. I was planning on getting XCOM for the PS3, but I just got a new computer. This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS4NCmhwrLw) seems to come to the conclusion that platform doesn't matter for this game.

EDIT: I'll hold off on XCOM and probably get The Witcher 2 since I can get TWD for my iPad down the line.

Ordered The Walking Dead, immediately receive this e-mail.

Dear Gamer,

Thanks for your recent order on GameFly! We are hoping to speak with you directly to verify this purchase. We will reach out to you as soon as possible using the email address or phone number located on your account during the following times, Monday –Friday from 8AM CST to 7PM CST and Saturday/Sunday from 8AM CST to 6PM CST.

You are also welcome to call us directly at 888-986-6400 Monday-Friday during our phone hours of 12:00PM-4:00PM CST.

If there is a time that works best for you, please let us know and we would be more than happy to reach out to you to authorize this order so you can start enjoying the game!

We look forward to assisting you.

Thank you,

The GameFly Tech Team

What the fuck is this shit?

[quote name='MysterD']Can you explain that technicality from GG and the price that it was?[/QUOTE]

There was a glitch on Gamersgate earlier this year that lasted a few hours. TWD was $8.98 and if you had the IGN discount at the time it came out to $7.63.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']There was a glitch on Gamersgate earlier this year that lasted a few hours. TWD was $8.98 and if you had the IGN discount at the time it came out to $7.63.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! :D

Just a heads up, but apparently you can only use the code 1GFT1112 today only!! New batch of games will show up every two days, so the first batch of games will be on sale for 48 hours.

Other games that will be coming in future sales through December 21 include Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Torchlight 2, Borderlands 2, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3. A last chance sale will be held on December 22-24, if we are all still here....lol

Is x com really that good? Will it likely be cheaper during steam sale? I have a huge backlog but is this game good enough to cut in front the rest of them?

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Is x com really that good? Will it likely be cheaper during steam sale? I have a huge backlog but is this game good enough to cut in front the rest of them?[/QUOTE]

Yes, no, and yes.

Just the right price on TWD to talk myself into getting it. Played the demo but it was kinda short... Go-Go point and clicky!

[quote name='mtommy79']Just a heads up, but apparently you can only use the code 1GFT1112 today only!! New batch of games will show up every two days, so the first batch of games will be on sale for 48 hours.

Other games that will be coming in future sales through December 21 include Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Torchlight 2, Borderlands 2, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3. A last chance sale will be held on December 22-24, if we are all still here....lol[/QUOTE]

thanks for quoting that the promo code only works today, just got xcom with it just now, u saved me 5 bucks!

[quote name='tsigo']Ordered The Walking Dead, immediately receive this e-mail.

[phone verification required]

What the fuck is this shit?[/QUOTE]

Me too. Seriously? For a $9.99 digital goods purchase?

bread's done
Back