13 (100%)
Low balls...

link

Duke Nukem Forever: Balls of Steel Edition for PC Includes

View larger

• Duke Nukem Forever game for PC
  • Collectible bust of Duke Nukem
  • Numbered limited edition certificate of authenticity
  • 100-page hardcover book: The History, Legacy & Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art from the Vault
  • Assorted Duke Nukem Forever items, including:
    • Postcard series
    • Radioactive emblem sticker
    • Collectible comic book
    • Foldable paper craft
    • Poker chips
    • Mini-card deck

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drclaw411']Nothing on this site annoys me more than how ripping any thread about this game gives people raging juicy erections.[/QUOTE]
I've called my erection raging, but never have I ever had a juicy one and frankly if I did I think I'd be absolutely horrified and call a doctor immediatly.

I know people love to bash this, but it's not unplayable. Worst case scenario it's a 2 hour trial run you where you can mess around and then you get all the collectible stuff.

I would pay $5 for just the mini-card deck, poker chips, and dice (yes, it seems the dice are included, just not in the OP's picture/description).

The Collector's Edition of one of the most highly anticipated/requested game sequels that spent over 10 years in development hell for only $15 shipped? Sold. This is the equivalent to having a new, sealed copy of ET for the Atari 2600. Lol, I just bought one of those, too ($23 shipped on Ebay). What's wrong with me?

Anyhow, thank you OP. I've seen this deal before, but I passed.

Despite all its shortcomings, Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard is more Duke Nukem than Duke Nukem Forever... anyway, I'd hit it if only for the Duke's bust and all the collectible extras, but Amazon.com shipping prices outside USA are forbidding and they have a good chance of being doubled by customs duty.
Amazing deal, though :)

[quote name='PetersHere']It's for the PC, so I don't even see how this is really a deal. PC editions of games always seem to hit rock bottom in pricing, for some reason....[/QUOTE]

Um... This is rock bottom pricing. This is the collector's edition which comes with a bunch of physical items. If I'm remembering correctly this was originally released for $100. You can get a physical copy of just the game from Amazon for $6.99 and it's gone down to $5 on Steam. But this is a great price for all of the extras that you get with it. The bust of Duke alone will immediately class up any room in your house. ;)

I bought 2 of these last time they were $14.99. One for some office swag and the other to keep sealed... you know... just in case. :p

I would do it again for that price... if I didn't already have them. Got mine from Amazon as well. Not only were both copies in the original shrink wrap, but then they were shrink wrapped together and placed in a box with padding. Nice job Amazon!

[quote name='Kerig']I would pay $5 for just the mini-card deck, poker chips, and dice (yes, it seems the dice are included, just not in the OP's picture/description).[/QUOTE]

Yes they are.

I liked the game, but honestly the dlc campaign was much better.

Best Buy had the game on PS3 (and maybe 360?) for $3 a while ago. I picked up two PS3 copies then. Gave one to a friend as a horrible gag Birthday gift. It wasn't just that I gave him this game, but how I did it.

First, he unwrapped my gift...ah Assassin's Creed Brotherhood collector's Edition...awesome! *opens the box* Wait, what? Inside, it's Batman: Arkham City Collector's edition instead! Even better! *opens the box* Uhh...wait...wtf? It's Rage: Anarchy Edition (cardboard sleeve over the game)...well that's a letdown but an okay game I guess...*removes sleeve*...ah f*** Duke Nukem Forever. Worst Birthday gift ever!

[quote name='pwnthee']Best Buy had the game on PS3 (and maybe 360?) for $3 a while ago. I picked up two PS3 copies then. Gave one to a friend as a horrible gag Birthday gift. It wasn't just that I gave him this game, but how I did it.

First, he unwrapped my gift...ah Assassin's Creed Brotherhood collector's Edition...awesome! *opens the box* Wait, what? Inside, it's Batman: Arkham City Collector's edition instead! Even better! *opens the box* Uhh...wait...wtf? It's Rage: Anarchy Edition (cardboard sleeve over the game)...well that's a letdown but an okay game I guess...*removes sleeve*...ah f*** Duke Nukem Forever. Worst Birthday gift ever![/QUOTE]

No youtube link to vid of actual event=FAIL!! NExt time hit the RECORD button. ;)

[quote name='pwnthee']Best Buy had the game on PS3 (and maybe 360?) for $3 a while ago. I picked up two PS3 copies then. Gave one to a friend as a horrible gag Birthday gift. It wasn't just that I gave him this game, but how I did it.

First, he unwrapped my gift...ah Assassin's Creed Brotherhood collector's Edition...awesome! *opens the box* Wait, what? Inside, it's Batman: Arkham City Collector's edition instead! Even better! *opens the box* Uhh...wait...wtf? It's Rage: Anarchy Edition (cardboard sleeve over the game)...well that's a letdown but an okay game I guess...*removes sleeve*...ah f*** Duke Nukem Forever. Worst Birthday gift ever![/QUOTE]

That story makes perfect sense given your avatar.

I am torn. I picked up a copy of Duke for 360 when it was $1.29 at BB. But the extra here are nice, and PC lets you get fan patches and mods. Not sure.

I'm almost tempted to get this with the Game of Thrones artbook edition. Two terrible games with fun CE goodies for $30? Just what the cheapasscollector in all of us dreamed of!

I picked this up for $20 some time ago. The game has been a disappointment, as expected, but I wanted the goofy goodies. I hate the Halo series, but always pick up the Legendary Editions when they get down to $60 for the cat helmet and statutes. I'm buying swag with a free game included.

[quote name='rieper']No youtube link to vid of actual event=FAIL!! NExt time hit the RECORD button. ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah, true. I did have my camcorder too because we were out of town at a nerd convention (comic book convention).

[quote name='eldergias']That story makes perfect sense given your avatar.

I am torn. I picked up a copy of Duke for 360 when it was $1.29 at BB. But the extra here are nice, and PC lets you get fan patches and mods. Not sure.[/QUOTE]

Lol, yeah, it does. :lol:

As for buying or not...at this price point, it's not like you'll regret the purchase. Tempted to get another, but going to settle on one.

Totally went for this at $15. I am a huge Duke Nukem 3D fan, having spent many hours playing with friends over a modem back in high school. Even if this didn't live up to the hype, I'm still going to enjoy every minute playing it!

[quote name='oasisboy']I saw this for XBOX 360 for $19.99 at GameStop last week.[/QUOTE]

If this was for the 360/PS3, I'd buy it. I don't know why, but nowadays, I don't feel comfortable buying physical copies for the PC. I go Steam only for the PC. The last physical game I got for the PC was Two Worlds Epic Edition and it has like a limit of three activations...

If you see it again anytime soon, could you post it here?

[quote name='PetersHere']If this was for the 360/PS3, I'd buy it. I don't know why, but nowadays, I don't feel comfortable buying physical copies for the PC. I go Steam only for the PC. The last physical game I got for the PC was Two Worlds Epic Edition and it has like a limit of three activations...

If you see it again anytime soon, could you post it here?[/QUOTE]

The game activates on Steam. Just an FYI.

bread's done
Back