GOOZEX: Token FREE Trades through Jan 6

DeSquared

CAGiversary!
http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/72233.aspx

GOOZEX.com is offering FREE trades on all games and movies December 22-January 6. No $1.99 tokens are required during the promotion.

The site is under new ownership so they're trying to get more action over there. Always seemed to be a WAY better deal than Gamestop, and better than Amazon for older games.

If any CAGers have some points they're looking to liquidate, you've been told..... :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='DeSquared']http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/72233.aspx

GOOZEX.com is offering FREE trades on all games and movies December 22-January 6. No $1.99 tokens are required during the promotion.

The site is under new ownership so they're trying to get more action over there. Always seemed to be a WAY better deal than Gamestop, and better than Amazon for older games.

If any CAGers have some points they're looking to liquidate, you've been told..... :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I'll dump my points for dvds. At least I can use the dvds towards BBYs U&S program. I will be happy to be rid of that site.

Goozex is a site where you trade games in for points. To 'cash in' your points and receive a game, you need Tokens, hence the promo....

New releases are 1000 points, and older popular titles (Halo 3, Metal Gear Solid 4) are 300-400, shovelware and stuff everybody has already (RockBand) go for 100-200.

Used to use it a lot and its pretty good if you don't mind playing games a few months after release. Good way to get value out of older titles versus the $1.50 they **might** give you at Gamestop.

Not for everybody, but if you have a closet full of old games you're not playing check it out.... A pretty trustworthy community over there.

If this is what the new owners think will bring the site back from the brink of death... I just hope they have more tricks in their hat.

[quote name='kerouac kid']i'll dump my points for dvds. At least i can use the dvds towards bbys u&s program. I will be happy to be rid of that site.[/quote]

this

[quote name='Marauder7']Have almost 3k points but never could get anything I wanted. Here's hoping that I'll be able to pickup some anime DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Same boat. I have 4k and turned everything in my queue on.

[quote name='DeSquared'].... A pretty trustworthy community over there.[/QUOTE]
Of course, many of them are CAGs! ;)

Over the past two years Goozex has fallen to to a point where I currently wouldn't openly endorse their website to new traders.

If the new owners revamp the website by updating the algorithm (certain game point values are extremely off), listening to their community, and stimulating the horribly state of their point economy (maybe buy back points from users or offer things to eat up points from users) then maybe the site could have a comeback.

At this time there are so many users who have very little incentive to trade games into the system since they are already stocked with thousands of points and nothing to spend them on.

A new user trying to get in the goozex game now would have a uphill battle to get anything of value with so many other users already waiting in line.

Based on my own experience, their support/customer service team is worthless. Escalations or trade disputes (if a transaction results in negative feedback) to Goozex go unanswered for more than 3 weeks. I've since moved on to 99 Gamers, GameTZ, and here :)

Used to trade on Goozex when they first came out, but the whole "you have to pay us this much for this service" thing was always a turnoff for me. Trade tokens for everything and points on top of that made it more of a hassle than the site was worth. I typically stuck with promotions only, signing up at different times to get free games.

I might log in and give the new site a go. It's been a good 3 years since I even used it, so who knows?

[quote name='CaoPi']I have about 7 pages of active requests, nothing has really moved latley.....[/QUOTE]

Same here. I don't share the opinion of those that are upset about having to pay for trade tokens, but definitely see a problem with the supply of traded in games.

Which is why I think this particular promotion isn't super useful. They should worry less about convincing people to pay points to get a game and more about convincing people to actually trade their games in for points.

The site moved pretty fast early on, but I got stuck with 1500 points that cant be used on anything since nothing moves at all. I've been 50th in the queue for several games for example a year ago and am now 48th.

Too much inflation on the points... I remember "flipping" $10 games into 1000 points. Luckily I got out and spent all my points before the "crash". No body is putting their games up on there anymore.

There is nothing available right now, that is what I hate. No Blu Rays, No Vita Games, no PS3 Games. There are like 5 PS3 Games available right now and they are all old sports games. That was my problem with Goozex, you have to be really lucky to get anything remotely new or awesome, because nobody trades things that are remotely new or awesome.

I used to get old PS2 games and got pretty lucky on a few, but there needs to be more incentive to trading new release games. AND, you should only be able to add a few New Release Games to your want list at a time.

The fall of Goozex started when the tart in charge started selling points. They were taking money, and giving away absolutely nothing. They flooded their own market with their own made up currency.

The promotion doesn't make much sense considering DEMAND is higher than supply and the point values are still overly inflated. Still, I have to give the new CEO credit since he's at least trying to do something unlike the former CEO who kept making "Changes coming soon!" posts every couple of months that were unfulfilled.

I used this a few years ago around when the ps2 was ending it's reign (around when persona 3 was out and such) and it was quite a healthy site for a lot of stuff. Got many ps2 games and such. Sad to see it go down....but oh well it's the way of the points and lack of supply!

A few years ago, Goozex was a good resource for older games and the occasional newer game. I cashed out about a year ago when it began to really crash. The owners had no sense of what a stable economy requires. Their selling of points and failure to adjust point values based on retail sales killed it.

Too little too late. I used to love that site but it barely gets traffic and my queue barely moves. I have one credit left and 1000 points and hoping to eventually get rid of it and move on from there.

Goozex is pretty dead at the moment from what I can see.

There's a huge stock pile of points but no worthwhile items to spend said points on.

Just go ahead and browse through the "Available" titles and you'll see what I mean. It first started going down hill when they started selling points for money straight up and then discounted the cost of points during promotions and etc. The need for tokens to trade stuff hasn't done them any favors for people wanting to trade and the things you can get with those points now are so limited to the point I really have no idea how they can turn it around.

I stopped using Goozex a few years ago instead opting to sell on Glyde/Amazon Marketplace if I feel the want to get rid of some games.

The new regime is just getting started so hopefully more changes are coming.

This was a fantastic site for a long time, must have traded dozens of games one way or another here. I have a couple of games to dump off so I'll probably trade here just to help get the system going again.

forgot about this site just logged on and I have 850 points...

According to games available list for xbox I can either choose madden 06 or any OXM disc I want cool.

[quote name='GUNNM']
According to games available list for xbox I can either choose madden 06 or any OXM disc I want cool.[/QUOTE]

lol. You just perfectly described the status of Goozex.

HA! I put in requests for about 10 2600, NES, and SNES carts and 3 already have committed to ship.

100 pts each. I dont even have a 2600, but why the hell not. I cant think of anything better to use the points on frankly.

I haven't gotten a semi-new ps3 game in over a two years. The only stuff I got was psp games and Nintendo games. I also have some gba and gbc games added to my queue, but none of them moved. Here's to hoping this promotion or management in general can change this.

I've been using Goozex since 2009 and despite all the negativity lately, I've absolutely loved the service. Just this year before all the management changes I managed to receive 14 games so the site can be good IMO.

However, the supply/demand point system assigned to each game was/is sorely outdated. Games like Rayman Origins and Alan Wake remained at 1000 points even after both could be had for $19.99 in retail stores. Both have dropped now but there's still an influx of games that are way "overpriced" by Goozex's system.

There's also a major problem with the listing of new games as "active" months before their actual release date. I missed out on dozens of games I actually would have spent 1000 points on because the system allowed people to jump on the queue well before the game was even released.

I just used 100 points to buy a atari game because it would be funny.

I just noticed Happy Wars was on goozex for 700 points. It is a free to play game on xbox live.

I've been with Goozex since 2006, and have received over 140 games and movies using that service. However, in the last 6 months, I've only received two older movies. Free trades for two weeks is not going to do dick to change that.

Wow, I used Goozex a few years back to find all of the PS2/original XBox games, and even some PS3/360 games I missed out on. It was great back then. I just went there, and wow...that site is totally dead. There are like 12 available PS3 games...all crap. 50 or 60 360 games....all total crap.

That's too bad. It was good back in the day.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']HA! I put in requests for about 10 2600, NES, and SNES carts and 3 already have committed to ship.

100 pts each. I dont even have a 2600, but why the hell not. I cant think of anything better to use the points on frankly.[/QUOTE]

This getting pretty much all of the NES carts I do not have from them. This was when I liked playing sports game

Goozex is pretty dead, that's why I switched over to VGFive.com

VGFive is similar to Goozex except the trade tokens cost 1 buck and there are available games.

I pretty much just "cashed out" of Goozex. I FINALLY got Darksiders 2 off of their from being #1 in line with the Preorder system or whatever. I have 100 points sitting in my account with 1 token, so I just activated a bunch of shit and if I get something that's great, and if not then whatever.

The site was awesome for a while, I'm sad to see it tanked and I hope it gets another wind.

I would have reactivated a few things but i logged in and all of my requests and offers had been removed. What a f'g joke. I have 1350 points and nothing to even use it on. And years of being in queues have all been erased. That site needs to die. Glyde has already replaced that site and is much easier to use.

Wow the site is absolute trash now, nothing available but bargain bin sports game and demo discs or old ass DVDs. I used um some in 07-08 then hit and miss selling high trade games I suppose till 2009 when it starting going to hell.

Don't trade your game to this joke site you'll get nothing back in time and have to buy a token after the promo ends to get something you don't want.

wow, this is essentially an easy way to bail out and use up all my points. just got matched for the spiderman dvds, which i dont own and havent seen in awhile, and soul calibur 4 for xbox 360, still have a ton of points but I'm just adding random dvds to my list, might as well cash out while i can.

[quote name='$hady']Wow the site is absolute trash now, nothing available but bargain bin sports game and demo discs or old ass DVDs. I used um some in 07-08 then hit and miss selling high trade games I suppose till 2009 when it starting going to hell.

Don't trade your game to this joke site you'll get nothing back in time and have to buy a token after the promo ends to get something you don't want.[/QUOTE]

Goozex was really good several years back. I am not sure what happened. They were growing really really well and then it was almost like the management just did not care or have the time to care about the place.

Obviously they then duped some other company to buy them up before the entire place went to the pits. I cant imagine why another place would buy em' up unless perhaps they fudged statistics and such.

On the web webmasters must ALWAYS stay vigilant and in a mode of growth for their sites. If they dont, these days... Someone will come along and take the wind out of their sails. Just the way it is.

"Good enough" and "Succeeding" these for the past 3-5 years just doesnt cut it and any web pundit will tell a webmaster or company that. Sites either have to be in a constant mode of grow, try things, measure results etc... kinda flux or they risk opening doors for others to come in and before they know it, they are failing.

For the past several years I've done web development as I am well versed in software engineering, enterprise development, marketing etc. As of last year I'd just stopped doing high level state webs for politicians as I grew tired of that "game".

Goozex had an advantage over every game trade site going, they'd created a decent fairly well oiled and scalable machine (as its done with ASP.NET not say PHP which scales poorly). Anyways, point being, if a web operation sits back and takes reams of time patting themselves on the back about how well they have done and are doing they need always remember someone else or perhaps many are watching and ready to steal the success right from underfoot. Thus, its important to always grow a website.

[quote name='CheapyD']Of course, many of them are CAGs! ;)[/QUOTE]

Many of them "were" CAGs, LOL and I was one of them. I cashed out my points months ago while a few users were still actually trading but I just bought movies because that was basically the only thing available. The site has been on auto-pilot forever, customer service disappeared like a fart in the wind and trades slowed to a crawl at best.

Maybe the new owner(s) will get it back on track but it's going to be a BIG up hill battle. I would've changed the name of the site if I had bought it because people have grown to distrust it so much IMO it needs a new image. Good luck "new" Goozex, you'll need a miracle. :pray:

I got into Goozex years ago when I didn't have a job and it was a great way to get games when you're living on a budget. I played a lot of games due to that site. I have 3k points right now and I would love if people came back to the site. The new owners need to give more incentives to people so they want to trade there again. I would. It was strange when that site stopped working. Literally was going strong and then within a month everything just stopped. I would love for the site to come back and I'm trying not to be so negative as others about it.

bread's done
Back