- - - - -

Resident Evil 6 for PS3 - $19.99 at TRU, In-Store Only

#61 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Can anyone post a pic of their receipt in case any of us find trouble with the $19.99 price?!?

Currently playing (juggling):
:360: None :xb1: Destiny
:ps3: None :ps4:  DOA: Xtreme 3 Fortune, Destiny, No Man's Sky, Odins Sphere,  Witcher: Wild Hunt
:wii: None :3ds: Pokemon Y, Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson, Super Smash 3DS
:psp: DOA: Xtreme 3 Venus, Gal Gun, Sevran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, Severed

#62 DirtyBill   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Just tried mine in Layton, UT 39.99 for both systems.

#63 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Just tried mine in Layton, UT 39.99 for both systems.

That's really weird considering the ad is at least stating its supposed to be $29.99 at he most....

:ps3: None :ps4:  DOA: Xtreme 3 Fortune, Destiny, No Man's Sky, Odins Sphere,  Witcher: Wild Hunt

#64 ioio   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Shouldn't it at least be 29.99? According to ad it is.

#65 BloodiedWraith   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   483 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

BloodiedWraith

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Mine didn't even carry it... Damn $20 is my buy price.

#66 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   9586 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

This sale is confusing. Prices are not YMMV at TRU and some had reported the $20 sale price yesterday although it's still within the same weekly sale.

#67 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4485 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Every time I see this cover all I can think about is how traumatized that guy must be after being forced to suck off that purple giraffe.

#68 DeathDream   Sadistic CAGiversary!   527 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

I can understand where people are coming from knocking this game. Honestly, if you didn't like Resident Evil 5, stay away from this game. If you liked or loved RE5, get RE6. Personally, I really enjoyed both of them. I hate quick time events to no end too.

I like how each of the four story lines feels like a different game. They all play differently but the stories all merge and crossover each other at several points. This truly is one of those games you have to play before it dies because the way multiplayer campaign works. Two people from one story line merge into each others to help out in a four play coop boss fight. Really makes things interesting.

I paid $60 and thought it was worth it. Then again, I had a friend to play through the whole game with on professional.

#69 BigDuke13   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

BigDuke13

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Checked Xbox version at my tru in roanoke,va and price rang up at $29.99

#70 S_G   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   290 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

I added a scan of the receipt to the first post. For those not getting the price at 19.99, is this after a price scan or after being rung up and finalized for payment at the register? I know with some TRU sales, the deductions aren't made until the item is rung up at the register and finalized for payment.

#71 oasisboy   Banned Banned   3135 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

oasisboy

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Will wait for the new version whenever that comes out. It is Capcom we are talking about.

I loved the demo and the new emphasis on the action which the RE4 and RE5 "purists" hated.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#72 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   1868 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Resident Evil 4 is still one of my favorite games. I play through it every year or so. It holds up well, but time has probably colored a lot of folks' memories. There have been real improvements to 3rd person action games since RE4 came out.

I liked RE5 a good bit. Didn't think it made the impression that RE4 did, but it was still a bundle of fun.

I picked up RE6 last week on a whim for $40 and have not been disappointed. There are some rough edges and I can see where many people would fault it for the constant video interruptions and QTE events, but it's still a lot of fun. It's a MASSIVE game with lots of RE fan service and plenty of interesting and atmospheric places to explore. I didn't like the gameplay at first, but it's growing on me. This isn't the kind of game where you stand at a distance and rack up headshots. The shooting is often best used as a setup to get in close and melee. Each campaign is very different and each of the four campaigns is the length of many AAA games. It feels like a collection in a way.

For $20, this is a no-brainer for anyone with a passing interest in the franchise and many non-RE fans will even find a lot to like.

Now... to find out if I can get Best Buy to match the price :)

848734.png

#73 Havok83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Can a receipt be used to PM to BB?

#74 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   1868 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Probably YMMV. It didn't work the one time I tried it at my local store :(

848734.png

#75 zzamaro   CA'G CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

I would like to know this too.
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#76 SKEETER   YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT! CAGiversary!   640 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Every time I see this cover all I can think about is how traumatized that guy must be after being forced to suck off that purple giraffe.

all this time I thought it was a kangaroo...hmm...

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#77 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

I just walked out of my toys r us. Online said it didn't carry ps3 or 360 version, but they had both. Ps3 version had a sign that said now $20 off $19.99, and rang up $19.99. 360 version had no sign and rang up $29.99. I bought the ps3 version and am now going to take it to Walmart and exchange for a 360 version. I have both systems but would prefer the 360 version! I will post pics of the sign and receipt when I get home.

#78 joker______   Careful...Icarus CAGiversary!   1207 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

joker______

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

I got the last copy at the Willowbrook store off of 249 and it was tagged $19.99 but Xbox was tagged at $39.99
Posted Image

#79 Shadow Enz   Shadow of a ghost CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Shadow Enz

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Waiting for a GOTY/"Gold" edition, but thanks OP!
The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#80 Gundato   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   14 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

I can confirm that the deal is valid in the Newark, DE Toys R Us. And they have quite a bit left in stock. And it is Delaware, so tax free.

#81 Rsmobile   Banned Banned   511 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Rsmobile

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

I thought RE6 was terrible. There are a lot of nice mechanics glommed on to a terrible game. It hurls you from brain dead scripted segment to brain dead scripted segment. The combat doubles down on shooting enemies but gives you a lousy cover system more suited to dodging ponderous melee enemies. I loved RE4 and choked through RE5 but RE6 is just lousy from top to bottom. I can't understand anyone who defends it. I spent ages trying to find something to like as I did really like the dodging and the enemy/weapon variety.

Mercenaries is worse too if you at all care for score. If you don't it is decent fun but the score mechanics are wretched.

#82 JMClarkent   I Cheap what I Sow CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

I was able to get the last XBOX 360 version (sold out for PS3) for $19.99 (after a price adjust) in Lima, PA. They had signs for both versions in the case (the deal was supposed to end on 1/1), but still required a manual adjustment.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill"...

#83 technicalstylez   Colors User CAGiversary!   3552 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

technicalstylez

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

i like resident evil 6 more than 4. different people like different things, you don't have to understand this, just accept it.

I thought RE6 was terrible. There are a lot of nice mechanics glommed on to a terrible game. It hurls you from brain dead scripted segment to brain dead scripted segment. The combat doubles down on shooting enemies but gives you a lousy cover system more suited to dodging ponderous melee enemies. I loved RE4 and choked through RE5 but RE6 is just lousy from top to bottom. I can't understand anyone who defends it. I spent ages trying to find something to like as I did really like the dodging and the enemy/weapon variety.

Mercenaries is worse too if you at all care for score. If you don't it is decent fun but the score mechanics are wretched.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#84 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   1868 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

I thought RE6 was terrible. .... I can't understand anyone who defends it...

Can't understand that different people have different tastes? A lack of empathy is an indicator of autism, psychopathy, or narcissism. If you've any of those traits, how valuable is your opinion to the majority of people on the fence about buying the game?

It's certainly been a divisive title. The point has been made repeatedly that RE6 was a poster boy for game journalists striking out against all that they disliked about the state of AAA game development today. It's rare to see a big budget title get such wide ranging review scores.

848734.png

#85 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

I was able to get the last XBOX 360 version (sold out for PS3) for $19.99 (after a price adjust) in Lima, PA. They had signs for both versions in the case (the deal was supposed to end on 1/1), but still required a manual adjustment.

Weird! Cuz I had signs for ps3 but none for 360. Hoping a Walmart exchange goes smoothly.

#86 joshnorm   Hey, Wha Happen.. CAGiversary!   2611 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Weird! Cuz I had signs for ps3 but none for 360. Hoping a Walmart exchange goes smoothly.

Return fraud....Fuck yeah!

#87 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   1868 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Coming again to save the mother Fuck ing CAG's day, YEAH!

848734.png

#88 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'm not returning anything lol

#89 David Hibiki   Well then... CAGiversary!   9857 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

So yeah no go at Manchester, CT Toys R US. Rings up at $29.99 after promo/total cash out so I said "F Dat."

360 and PS3 version btw

Probably a good thing cuz my backlog is big enough already. Even for $20.

Toys R Us is near where I work so It's not a big deal driving there to check out deals. This is the first time, however,that people have posted deals and it didn't reflect at my store.

#90 Rsmobile   Banned Banned   511 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Rsmobile

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Can't understand that different people have different tastes? A lack of empathy is an indicator of autism, psychopathy, or narcissism. If you've any of those traits, how valuable is your opinion to the majority of people on the fence about buying the game?

It's certainly been a divisive title. The point has been made repeatedly that RE6 was a poster boy for game journalists striking out against all that they disliked about the state of AAA game development today. It's rare to see a big budget title get such wide ranging review scores.

Well for what it's worth, passive aggressive insults have always tended to be the mark of a valuable video game opinion in my book, especially from someone who then suggests that negative reviews are a sign of lashing out rather than genuine dislike. Is there some snide insinuation to be made for the guy who likes to explain away others opinions as not really their opinions on that matter but instead unrelated frustrations?