Resident Evil 6 for PS3 - $19.99 at TRU, In-Store Only

S_G

CAGiversary!
TRU has RE6 for PS3 at $19.99. Appears to be in-store only for now and was clearly marked with signs showing the sale price.

The Xbox version was not marked for sale at $19.99, but I didn't have the price checked.

Credit to dezign_guy at SD for posting this first.

Here is a scan of the receipt:

357kf21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Drove to TRU and they were sold out, took a picture of the tag and took it to BB. Then again, BB employee literally didnt even look at the picture and took my word on it. (I have been on a roll with PM's lately).

If you want, I could post a picture of the tag (Its a bit blurry because it was at a weird angle, but its just clear enough to see the name and price)

so i loved re4 on wii.
decided to get re5 on ps3. bought it day one. played it but never finished.
move was announced and i was stoked to play re5 as i did re4 on the wii.
decided to wait till move was purchased to finish game
told they could not patch move support into the game and had to buy gold edition for move support.

feel angry boycott capcom. also never bought move (in long run it was probably better as move support is eh)

[quote name='bardockkun']Did I say he was wrong in his opinion? No, I merely stated that it's up for great debate on ORC being better then RE6. I'm personally not a fan of Raccoon City, but I didn't lash out at him.[/QUOTE]

wasnt even talking to you :applause:

[quote name='Jack_Frost']wasnt even talking to you :applause:[/QUOTE]
Ah, then take back what I said. I Was in between your two posts and thought I was the one you were addressing. My bad.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Drove to TRU and they were sold out, took a picture of the tag and took it to BB. Then again, BB employee literally didnt even look at the picture and took my word on it. (I have been on a roll with PM's lately).

If you want, I could post a picture of the tag (Its a bit blurry because it was at a weird angle, but its just clear enough to see the name and price)[/QUOTE]

That would actually be awesome. Could you post a Flickr image or something so I can save it on my phone?

Thanks

I'm feeling like this is a price glitch ... checked my local TRU and they had it for $20 off, the tag read $59.99 -$20 = $39.99. I asked the lady to Scan it too; on her handheld scanner it came up as $39.99. She said if there was a promotion, her scanner may be outdated or it may not pop up, so she brought it over to her register and scanned it and it came up as $29.99. Close, but not cigar. Next nearest TRU is too far away to make it worth the trip. I'll wait for the inevitable Gamefly sale on this one.

[quote name='dgwillia006']http://www.flickr.com/photos/91790360@N05/8340477238/in/photostream

I guess I did it right? New to Flickr lol

206633_314137875354614_638875660_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks.

Wonder if BBY will let me PM since the pic clearly shows the game OOS. Most of the time I get a PM from showing them my phone, it's a generic website price or something..never an actual photo of the shelf price...I know their technical policy is to match only if the competitor has it in stock..

Worth a shot tomorrow though, I suppose...got plenty of BBY credit to blow.

[quote name='MrBubbles']Sold out in my area.

What a bummer.[/QUOTE]

I have 3 ToysRUs' around this area and not a single one ever stocks anything. My wife and I purchased $10 for $20 groupon and they wouldn't take them with a manufacture's coupon. Every time they have a B1G1 sale I miss out because they just don't stock anything...not even things in their own weekly advertisement.

We are DONE with TRU.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jcp42877']Awesome, thanks.

Wonder if BBY will let me PM since the pic clearly shows the game OOS. Most of the time I get a PM from showing them my phone, it's a generic website price or something..never an actual photo of the shelf price...I know their technical policy is to match only if the competitor has it in stock..

Worth a shot tomorrow though, I suppose...got plenty of BBY credit to blow.[/QUOTE]

I know my stores never really care whether they have stuff in stock, just confirming the prices. Though, I know some refuse to go by another other than whats in the books.

[quote name='fortunado']I'm feeling like this is a price glitch ... checked my local TRU and they had it for $20 off, the tag read $59.99 -$20 = $39.99. I asked the lady to Scan it too; on her handheld scanner it came up as $39.99. She said if there was a promotion, her scanner may be outdated or it may not pop up, so she brought it over to her register and scanned it and it came up as $29.99. Close, but not cigar. Next nearest TRU is too far away to make it worth the trip. I'll wait for the inevitable Gamefly sale on this one.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think what may have happened is this game just got a universal price drop to $39.99 (saw it for this price at Target, Best Buy and Amazon), so $20 off that is $19.99.

[quote name='Josef']Actually, I think what may have happened is this game just got a universal price drop to $39.99 (saw it for this price at Target, Best Buy and Amazon), so $20 off that is $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, and not all stores may have updated yet? If that's the case, then I wonder how long the $20 off deal goes for?

[quote name='fortunado']I'm feeling like this is a price glitch ... checked my local TRU and they had it for $20 off, the tag read $59.99 -$20 = $39.99. I asked the lady to Scan it too; on her handheld scanner it came up as $39.99. She said if there was a promotion, her scanner may be outdated or it may not pop up, so she brought it over to her register and scanned it and it came up as $29.99. Close, but not cigar. Next nearest TRU is too far away to make it worth the trip. I'll wait for the inevitable Gamefly sale on this one.[/QUOTE]
It's not a price glitch, not at the store I went to anyways. I went and got my PS3 copy today, it even had the "20$ off" and it also had a tag showing 19.99 for the PS3 only. They still had at least 5-6 copies in the case.

The 360 version also had the 20$ off, and another tag saying 29.99 (after the -20$).

Sorry you couldn't get it. It sucks when a deal works at one place and not another....:cry:

[quote name='primalcarnage']It's not a price glitch, not at the store I went to anyways. I went and got my PS3 copy today, it even had the "20$ off" and it also had a tag showing 19.99 for the PS3 only. They still had at least 5-6 copies in the case.

The 360 version also had the 20$ off, and another tag saying 29.99 (after the -20$).

Sorry you couldn't get it. It sucks when a deal works at one place and not another....:cry:[/QUOTE]

Went to my local TRU had them scan the 360 version of RE6 and it was $40. They had the same sign up for the PS3 version as another person posted. Agree with the above poster and will wait for the GF sale. Good deal for folks looking for this on PS3.

I checked my toys r us yesterday. They were out of the ps3 versions and the 360 version was 29.99. Hopefully there will be another sale down the road, and no gold version or anything.

[quote name='BuffyOfTheDead']Thanks for this! I couldn't find it in stock at TRU, so I used this picture to PM Best Buy! I've been waiting for a price drop on this game since it came out! Super happy to finally be able to buy it! :D[/QUOTE]

might try this suprised it actually worked.

I will add that the guy I got seemed kind of slow. :X He also went to check it online but I told him it was in store only and that seemed to be enough for him.

Yeah, YMMV with best buy price matching. My Toys R Us was sold out, but I took a picture of it and showed it to the BB employees and they refused the price since they checked online and saw the 39.99 price.

My Best Buys around home are a bunch of b*tches. I had photo of the price tag and they still wouldn't even price match. They kept crying about how Toys R Us' website still has it listed at $39.99.

yea cause BB or anyone should just take your word or picture for it.....

I'm sure none of you people ever had to deal with margins and having to keep a business profitable to actually be around to still sell stuff in the future at great prices

[quote name='E_Man']My Best Buys around home are a bunch of b*tches. I had photo of the price tag and they still wouldn't even price match. They kept crying about how Toys R Us' website still has it listed at $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Should have told them to do their jobs and actually call the store to check if it was in stock.

Found one for $19.99 at the 183/Mopac Toys R' Us in Austin, TX. Online shows out of stock for that store, but they have it. Went to another Toys R' Us in Austin that shows stock, but they actually did not have any. They then called the other store for me and had it held.

I enjoyed Resi 1-4, was disappointed by 5 and am doubtful of 6, but I'm giving it a shot at that price point. Thanks OP!

Damn, that was a fast price drop.

Might as well pick up Doom 3 BFG edition for $23 (Amazon); it's a similar price point for a better game.

[quote name='E_Man']My Best Buys around home are a bunch of b*tches. I had photo of the price tag and they still wouldn't even price match. They kept crying about how Toys R Us' website still has it listed at $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sucks. I also had a difficult time because of that but I didn't have a photo(didn't know because I was one of the earliers). Anyway, I managed to price match the $29.99 when go to some office(?) and he saw the online ad.

Does anyone know if calling Toys R US, if I ask the price, are they going to tell me the sale($20) price? I want to go to BB again(mine it's not that far) but what if they don't accept the pic, I might ask him to call. I can't call right now, but I'm gonna call as soon as can but some answers will be nice.

Like others, none shown o nline available locally, one actually on the shelf in store, and nopw in our posession. The guy in the store was shocked at the ring up price, and said he would have gotten it had he known it'd dropped that low.

Pretty sure the Toys R Us 19.99 price was a mistake as others have pointed out, which is why its 39.99 on their website. The BB employees not accepting this are just doing what they're supposed to do.

Nice find for those who were able to get it though!

[quote name='Potatoeman']Pretty sure the Toys R Us 19.99 price was a mistake as others have pointed out, which is why its 39.99 on their website. The BB employees not accepting this are just doing what they're supposed to do.

Nice find for those who were able to get it though![/QUOTE]

It makes sense to me to PM a used game for a new game promoted thats out of stock. What better way to also clear out your old used games? Especially in this case.. Brutal Legend sells new for $10 if you still see it anywhere.. they don't have much chance to sell it used for $15.

Personally, I think all the used games at BB are vastly overpriced. Many over $30 used games there we picked up during the holiday season for $15 or less.

I just hit a TRU in tally on my way to Jacksonville and they didnt have any RE6, but I did pick up Epic Mickey 2 for $19.99.. it rang up for $40 but the girl did an overide.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Pretty sure the Toys R Us 19.99 price was a mistake as others have pointed out, which is why its 39.99 on their website. The BB employees not accepting this are just doing what they're supposed to do.

Nice find for those who were able to get it though![/QUOTE]
It's not a mistake.... otherwise they wouldn't have a tag saying RE6 $19.99

It's a IN STORE only deal, that's why the website still says $39.99

206633_314137875354614_638875660_n.jpg

^ The toys R Us I got mine from had the same Save $20, except the 19.99 was 39.99. I had them price check it before buying, and sure enough it was 19.99

So I went to TRU yesterday like I said just in case a BB employee could call and I wanted to make sure of the price in my local TRU. The girl at the VG section, I don't know if she was completely IGNorant or just...I don't want to say it. Anyway, I asked about the tag of the game to see because there didn't have RE6 in stock and there were too many giant stickers in the glass counter that were keeping the games so I couldn't see the RE6 tag. I wanted to take a picture although I had the picture provided by our fellow CAGs but the girl instead of showing or telling me the sale price, she said $59.99. Really? What about the sale price($29.99)? She kept insisting $59.99. I quickly realized it was pointless to discuss about since she wasn't going to help me out with anything because she didn't even know the sale price.

I decided to take a risk and went to BB with the picture above, and I shower it to the employee at customer service. I told him there was a sale price ($29.99) shown in the ad, but there was another TRU sale that was in-stock only and that's when I show a picture, and he zoomed it in to see it better. Then after going here and there, he returned and made me the price match :D Since I paid most of the game with a gift card, he gave me a $10.XX gift card and bought something with it when I was there.

I was happy I got the price match :D

sooo, to get this straight, its in store only and it is for both PS3 AND 360 (i did see someone say a few pages back that they saw it fo r360 as well)?

Haven't posted in a while, but couldn't keep this one to myself. Went to TRU in Annapolis, MD today. Signs up for 19.99 for both PS3 and 360 versions. Picked up the 360 version and it rang up for 29.99. Pointed out the sign to the cashier and he entered something and said, " oh looks like your getting it for even cheaper." It rang up for 9.99. He must of taken off 20 from the 29.99 price. Woohoo, I was hesitant to pay even 19.99 based on the reviews, but for 9.99 I'm into it! Btw, picked up the strategy guide for $5 at GameStop on the way home.

No sale sign on the 360 version or the ps3 version at my toysrus. They didnt even have any ps3 ones. Just 360 ones but they rang up 29.99. oh well.

bread's done
Back