CAGiversary!
This thread is to discuss GATECRASH, the next set in Magic: The Gathering

There are visual spoilers here as well as a list of cards here

Release Date: February 1, 2013

Number of cards: 249

Block: 2/3 in Return to Ravnica cycle

Prerelease events: January 26-27, 2013

Guilds: Orzhov, Gruul, Dimir, Simic, Boros

I haven't decided yet, but I can see myself running Boros come prerelease time. Cipher is interesting but I don't know how well that would fare under limited.

If not Boros, possibly Orzohv, since I am liking the Extort mechanic as well. At least I wouldn't have to play quite as aggressive which sort of hurt me I think when I picked Rakdos in RTR.

Went 4-2 finishing 18th in a 72-person prerelease w/Boros. Had I won round 6, I would have been in the top 8.

Did a release draft tonight. 35 players, finished 2-1 in 12th place. Went Boros again, only b/c I was passed so much Red/White, especially in pack 2 by the woman who was drafting for the first time.

Haven't been able to attend a draft for Gatecrash yet, but I did attend the prerelease twice. On Saturday night I went with Gruul a bit reluctantly (since my first two choices were gone), and went 3-2 which I thought was good considering I've never played green before.

Went 2-3 on Sunday however with Boros. Could have easily gone 3-2 at worst, but had some misplays thanks to sleep deprivation. Had some aggressive packs and I was able to win some games quickly, but with the monsters I drew, it was either win quickly or lose quickly. I somehow got three Spark Troopers in my packs that day which was pretty wicked though.

I use OCTGN to play MTG anymore. Too much hassle to find people to play with and the digital MTGO was crazy expensive. If they would let me mail my cards and redeem digital ones, I would have done that... but I'm not re-buying my library.

If anyone wants to play (semi-experience users that understand the rules for the most part) send me a PM. I play mostly streets rules as it's not a tourny... obvious courtesy and fairness are good enough (no black lotus/mox/spam cards/2 turn kill combo's) etc etc.

If you need help setting up send me a PM or check my trade thread as I have an "Off Topic Spoiler Section" coming with OCTGN info soon (it will be the last spoiler on the OP when it's available)

bread's done
Back