Tim Burton Blu ray collection at Amazon for 28.99

In for 1 OP, thanks! The Wife told me about this earlier but said it was for DVD, I guess the deal is posted on one of her coupon sites. Great find can't wait to watch Mars Attacks in HD!

Yeah, its too bad they didn't go in chronological order and slap some Volume labels on this, and put out another set in the future. I would pick this up, but the randomness of it (and my hatred for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) are holding me back..

[quote name='Wint3rSoldier']no Scissorhands, ed wood, sleepy hollow or sweeney todd?

NOT feelin this Burton collection[/QUOTE]
Maybe because those aren't owned or released by WB?

[quote name='Wint3rSoldier']no Scissorhands, ed wood, sleepy hollow or sweeney todd?

NOT feelin this Burton collection[/QUOTE]

This only includes the movies he did for Warner Brothers. Ed Wood was done at Touchstone. Scissorhands was done at 20th Century Fox. Sleepy Hollow was at Paramount. Sweeney Todd was at Dreamworks.

maybe not the only way but it looks like the cheapest way

[quote name='seanw']I've heard this is the only way to get BATMAN and BATMAN RETURNS on Blu.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='seanw']I've heard this is the only way to get BATMAN and BATMAN RETURNS on Blu.[/QUOTE]

The cheapest way, but there's also the Batman Anthology which is still sold at wbshop.com

Should have subbed Batman Returns and Mars Attacks with Edward Scissorhands and Ed Wood or Sleepy Hollow.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seanw']I've heard this is the only way to get BATMAN and BATMAN RETURNS on Blu.[/QUOTE]That does seem weird that WB wouldn't make single versions of the old Batman movies. They did for the DVD versions.

[quote name='DNukem170']That does seem weird that WB wouldn't make single versions of the old Batman movies. They did for the DVD versions.[/QUOTE]

This can't be right. I ordered them as single versions from the WBstore online last year.
Didn't want to get saddled with the terrible follow-ups.

Did they really not release them individually anywhere else?

Wife brought this to my attention. Purchased yesterday, shipped today. Got it mostly because we only own Beetlejuice. Sure it's missing some critical Burton hits but whats there are great at $4 a film!

[quote name='dv8mad']This can't be right. I ordered them as single versions from the WBstore online last year.
Didn't want to get saddled with the terrible follow-ups.

Did they really not release them individually anywhere else?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they were released individually everywhere. They just happen to be OOP currently or rather in a moratorium period similar to what Warner did with Blade Runner before re-releasing it.

Batman was actually released 4 different times... once as part of the Anthology set, once as a stand-along Blu-Ray, once as a Blu-Ray Book and now in the Tim Burton set.

Same thing with Returns, minus the book version.

bread's done
Back