* * * * * 7 votes

Official Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread

#841 Waggles   What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   2851 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PS4

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:47 AM

I imagine there would be issues do to the fact you need to agree to Steam's TOS every time you list a card, and ES can't interact with that (well it could but it would be a big no-no).

Perhaps a way to instantly bring up it's normal inventory page to re-list, then? Like a re-list button next to the remove button.

#842 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:47 AM

Perhaps a way to instantly bring up it's normal inventory page to re-list, then? Like a re-list button next to the remove button.

That would be very cool, assuming it's within the realm of possibility.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#843 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

While this would be great from a usability standpoint, as MrNinjaSquirrel pointed out, Enhanced Steam can't really do much with automating anything on the market without being classified as "bot" software.

While it would be easy to add a re-list button next to the remove button on the market, all it would really be able to do would be remove the item and change your browser to the inventory page.

As far as I'm aware, there isn't a way to open an inventory page and browse to just one particular item.

#844 pROvIs   Clash With Reality CAGiversary!   2872 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

Request:  Steam Enhanced Bot

:-P

hah.

Actually my biggest gripe right now which I am pretty sure is an internal valve thing is the badges page not loading and sending me back to my profile.

Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#845 Whedon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

This condition is caused by your Chrome profile being corrupt and not properly storing the settings for Enhanced Steam.

The easiest way to fix this is to follow this help document from Google.  Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Just wanted to report back so you know know your answer was appreciated - Enhanced Steam is working great on my desktop but I haven't even opened my laptop this week (where the problem was). I've got this bookmarked for next time I'm on my laptop, and thanks for the help and the link.

#846 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

The "Library" feature of Enhanced Steam is being updated to allow for filtering by feature or by category.  It'll look something like this:

qFk9KPi.gif

#847 motoki   A New Game Everyday CAGiversary!   10803 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder
PC

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

Reposting this from Reddit in hopes of getting some kind of mobile support. :-P

http://se.reddit.com..._50_499/cg8gy3t

EdTOWB 

http://www.enhancedsteam.com/

for that, and other things. its the best

greydrop

It feels odd when I use my phone to go on Steam or another's computer without the extension. Forget that it is installed.

Any progress on the Firefox mobile front? I haven't tried for a while.

I saw that the Opera version was updated but getting that to work is tricky because there's only one obscure outdated version of Opera mobile that I found that supports extensions.

2969.png

#848 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

Reposting this from Reddit in hopes of getting some kind of mobile support. :-P

http://se.reddit.com..._50_499/cg8gy3t

Any progress on the Firefox mobile front? I haven't tried for a while.

I saw that the Opera version was updated but getting that to work is tricky because there's only one obscure outdated version of Opera mobile that I found that supports extensions.

I'm getting ready to have to re-write major portions of the Firefox version, and when I do I plan on baking in mobile support as long as it's not overly complicated.  Of course, hopefully I "do it right" and it can pass Mozilla's review process.

Version 6.0 for Chrome is getting dangerously close to being released, and I'm putting the final touches on it now.  Here's a preview of one of the other features I'm working on:

1D6OkAX.gif

#849 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 6.0. This update includes a number of changes:

• Added warning dialog when browsing Steam in a language other than your preferred language
  • Added price history information to the wishlist page when hovering over a game
  • Added option to display store page videos using HTML5 player instead of Flash
  • Added library filtering options by genre and by category
  • Added coupon discount percentage to display on coupon tags
  • Added your personal achievement stats back to app pages in the "My Activity" box
  • Fixed a bug that caused Early Access overlays to incorrectly show on games with coupons
  • Fixed header links inserted by Enhanced Steam not displaying due to a change made by Valve
  • Fixed a bug in some languages where badge filtering didn't work properly
  • Fixed a bug in entering custom amounts into Steam wallet page
  • Enhanced Steam will now display the highest % off coupon you have available on app pages

The extension will update automatically in the next 60 minutes.

As always, if you have any problems with the new version, please let me know.

#850 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   3854 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:20 AM

jshackles, has there been any updates on the steam enhanced that runs on the client?

also, you rock!!!!

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#851 BigSpoonyBard   Aaaaauuugghh! CAGiversary!   10483 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

BigSpoonyBard

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:57 PM

You know what's awesome?  This

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#852 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

https://twitter.com/...326201514274819

#853 motoki   A New Game Everyday CAGiversary!   10803 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder
PC

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

Is there a written version of what it does somewhere for the Youtube averse?

2969.png

#854 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Is there a written version of what it does somewhere for the Youtube averse?

Yeah, it basically adds an option that lets you filter out items in the "New Releases" section of the home page that aren't actually new releases.

What this does is checks the items on the "New Releases" section against their actual release date.

So games like Handball Challenge 2012, D.W.A.R.F.S., and Science Girls will be removed from this section (as they're older games) and it'll make room for the games that are... you know... actually new.

There will be a checkbox similar to the "Show Downloadable Content" that you can check to show all Steam releases, giving you the same list that's currently available.

The extension will remember the combination of filters you have set and will always show your your new releases section the way you want to see it.

• dfg likes this

#855 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

So about 15-20 times a day now, I'm getting "offers" from marketing companies that want me to "partner" with them so they can help monetize Enhanced Steam.

But don't worry - while Enhanced Steam desperately needs money for upgraded servers, I don't want to stoop to the point of the extension including spyware or adware or anything like that.

Someone suggested I look into Patreon - I'm thinking of starting a campaign there to help fund Enhanced Steam, but I'd like to get some input from you guys.

For those that are unfamiliar, Patreon is a lot like Kickstarter, except that instead of making a one-time payment to help fund something, you commit to making a monthly donation to fund a project's continued existence.

• Is Patreon's "Commit to X number of dollars per month" way of doing things something that anyone here would be interested in?
  • I'm having trouble thinking of what I could offer as different reward tiers for supporting Enhanced Steam with different amounts. Enhanced Steam has always operated on the principle that all of it's features should be free for everyone, regardless of whether or not you would be able to support it financially. Knowing that, does anyone have any ideas of things I could offer Enhanced Steam supporters of different reward tiers?
  • As several of you have made one-time donations to Enhanced Steam in the past (thank you again!!!), would you feel upset in any way by the change in how the project is funded?

With Enhanced Steam's growth and the ever increasing costs of it's servers and bandwidth, I'm just looking for ways to "keep the lights on" without breaking my own pocket book. In the 15 months that Enhanced Steam has been online, there has only been one month where the donations to Enhanced Steam exceeded it's bandwidth and hosting costs. As I've said above, a huge "thank you" to everyone that's donated already!

#856 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   9986 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

Just curious, how much does it cost a month to host?

elessar123.png

#857 motoki   A New Game Everyday CAGiversary!   10803 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder
PC

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

I don't like the idea of recurring auto payments. I always worry some month I'll get my account down to the wire and forget about it. In reality I pretty much never let it get that dangerously low, but I have a couple of times and it's more just the worry about it that would bug me. I think I'd rather just do a larger lump sum or a yearly amount than monthly personally.

As for rewards, I don't know. I'm not coming up with much. You could have some extra 'paid' features but that's kind of lame and I think would turn people off and maybe lead to less people using it.

If you know any game developers you could maybe see if they could donate some Steam keys or even some exclusive in game items. The latter would probably sell me because gamewise I just already own too much and probably have most of what would be given as a perk.

I honestly would not be opposed to adds. I know some people get their panties in a bunch over that but it doesn't bother me. I realize stuff costs money and all things being equal it's not a high price to pay to view ads to get something for free. Keeping ads game (or software) oriented would be nice though.

2969.png

#858 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to 6.0.1. This is a (mostly) bug fix release that resolves a few issues that users were experiencing in 6.0. Changes include:

• Added filter to the new release section that will filter out older games (thanks TotalBiscuit!)
  • Fixed a bug on wishlist pages where price history would remain after making changes
  • Fixed a bug on the market page caused by layout changes
  • Fixed a bug on sub pages that caused price history not to display

As always, let me know if you encounter any issues.

#859 BigSpoonyBard   Aaaaauuugghh! CAGiversary!   10483 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

BigSpoonyBard

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:03 PM

I'm not totally cozy with the idea of monthly payments, either.  I wouldn't mind a tiny ad next to the Enhanced Steam link if that helped cover your costs.  

logo.png

#860 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

I don't like the idea of recurring auto payments. I always worry some month I'll get my account down to the wire and forget about it. In reality I pretty much never let it get that dangerously low, but I have a couple of times and it's more just the worry about it that would bug me. I think I'd rather just do a larger lump sum or a yearly amount than monthly personally.

I'm not totally cozy with the idea of monthly payments, either.  I wouldn't mind a tiny ad next to the Enhanced Steam link if that helped cover your costs.  

Just to clarify, a campaign on Patreon would be both 100% voluntary and wouldn't prevent you from making a one-time donation if you chose to do so.

I know you guys don't mind advertisements, but there are a lot of people that use Enhanced Steam that would be pretty upset if they were included.

I've got a few things in the works and I'm pretty confident that we'll be able to get better servers soon.  :)

#861 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   3854 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:16 AM

Just to clarify, a campaign on Patreon would be both 100% voluntary and wouldn't prevent you from making a one-time donation if you chose to do so.

I know you guys don't mind advertisements, but there are a lot of people that use Enhanced Steam that would be pretty upset if they were included.

I've got a few things in the works and I'm pretty confident that we'll be able to get better servers soon.   :)

I wouldn't mind seeing dancing burger ads, be more exciting than the steam deals lately.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#862 BigSpoonyBard   Aaaaauuugghh! CAGiversary!   10483 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

BigSpoonyBard

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:41 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing dancing burger ads, be more exciting than the steam deals lately.

I like this idea.  

logo.png

#863 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   9986 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:31 AM

How about an easy option to turn them off?

elessar123.png

#864 motoki   A New Game Everyday CAGiversary!   10803 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder
PC

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

Here's another annoyance. In your feed if you followed any Greenlight games when they post announcements if you right click to open it in a new window it just opens your feed back again. You apparently have to click on them and it brings up a little popup box but I'm a tab whore and prefer everything in tabs.

Hope that makes sense?

2969.png

#865 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   12571 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

I don't know how this is happening, but this just started happening to me in Firefox (it's not happening in Chrome):

Spoiler

Only way that I can fix it is by disabling enhanced steam.

#866 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

I don't know how this is happening, but this just started happening to me in Firefox (it's not happening in Chrome):

Only way that I can fix it is by disabling enhanced steam.

For now, you'll need to update to Enhanced Steam 6.0, which can be found here.

Valve made a change to the market layout and the latest version of Enhanced Steam fixes this.  However, it's still pending official approval from Mozilla, which usually takes a couple of weeks.

#867 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   12571 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

For now, you'll need to update to Enhanced Steam 6.0, which can be found here.

Valve made a change to the market layout and the latest version of Enhanced Steam fixes this.  However, it's still pending official approval from Mozilla, which usually takes a couple of weeks.

Thanks, that fixed it.

#868 dfg   Impecunious Ass Gamer CAGiversary!   3129 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago   Has been playing 7 Days to Die
PC

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

Again, I thought I'd posted this, but apparently that was just in my head: I subscribe to the school that disables Adblock on any websites I want to support. Especially ones that ask nicely instead of obnoxiously or with a redirect page. Also, would serving up ads cause any problem with Valve?

¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#869 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:55 PM

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted in, been busy with life things (which suck).

Anyway, made this cool new feature today:

jbc30dx.png

Should make the decision to open or sell a booster pack a bit easier.

#870 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

I just updated our server code as it relates to custom profile backgrounds.

The list of available backgrounds should now be generated automatically from our Steam marketplace data scrape.  This means that as new profile backgrounds are added to Steam, I no longer have to manually update the data by hand.

This also means there are now over 3,000 profile backgrounds available to choose from.