VITA 32GB Memory Card $75.77 at Amazon

How long is it gonna take China to make a micro SD card adapter for the vita? I had one for the pro duo (PSP) that allowed me to use a 8GB micro SD card, paid $1.29 for it if memory serves.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']I still can't believe the price they charge for these things[/QUOTE]

This. I tried defending them since I do like the Vita but the prices are insane. They should have already dropped the Vita to $200 also but of course still haven't. They probably will in the next month or two I imagine but too little too late.

[quote name='ShockandAww']This. I tried defending them since I do like the Vita but the prices are insane. They should have already dropped the Vita to $200 also but of course still haven't. They probably will in the next month or two I imagine but too little too late.[/QUOTE]

I almost jumped in on black Friday then thought to my self that a redesign and or price drop was not far off

[quote name='meta460085']I almost jumped in on black Friday then thought to my self that a redesign and or price drop was not far off[/QUOTE]

That's the one I jumped on. That was a very good deal imo. Problem now is that sure Soul Sacrifice is coming in a couple months but Nintendo has Luigis Mansion coming just a week or two after so now if I had to choose I'd get a 3DS and that over a Vita and SS. Not to mention we know Pokemon is coming.

Also nobody is going to want a Vita in a few months anyway when we get some more concrete info on the new consoles. I just don't know wtf Sony is thinking.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']What's the lowest it's ever gotten?[/QUOTE]

check camelcamelcamel.com for info like that. Looks like $71.99 back in August.

[quote name='ShockandAww']That's the one I jumped on. That was a very good deal imo. Problem now is that sure Soul Sacrifice is coming in a couple months but Nintendo has Luigis Mansion coming just a week or two after so now if I had to choose I'd get a 3DS and that over a Vita and SS. Not to mention we know Pokemon is coming.

Also nobody is going to want a Vita in a few months anyway when we get some more concrete info on the new consoles. I just don't know wtf Sony is thinking.[/QUOTE]

I love my Vita, can't stop playing All-Stars and MK. The new generation will come, but it will be at least a year of wait time until I decide to jump on any of them :)

[quote name='steelcurtain11']I still can't believe the price they charge for these things[/QUOTE]

Right I came to this thread just to say I feel for u vita owners. That's outrageous Sony

I'll get one when they finally reach the $59.99 MSRP AND it goes on sale knocking off another $10 - $20, No hurry though. I bought a Vita about 5 months ago when Best Buy offered a $60 Gift Card with purchase and never opened it. Then I sold it and bought the Assassin's Creed Vita about a month ago when Best Buy had the $50 Gift Card offer with purchase. I currently have the White Assassin's Creed Vita, Accessory bundle, cradle, extra AV adapter and extra USB and 4 games all unopened.

I'd pay $50 for one, that's about as high as I'm going to go. I'll just wait and continue to delete games and re download and switch saves on to the cloud.

I posted the article in the vita thread sony has already confirmed a perm price cut for the vita & memory so if u can get it for cheaper than $60 do it if not wait for E3.

Also, the perm price on walmart.com is $81if u wanted to work pm'ing options

This is not a deal, the 32gb card is this price all the time. Nearly all the threads for the 32gb card here ever are for $70'ish.

When I got to the actual page it says ~$90 but on the PS Vita general page it shows the ~$75 price.

EDIT: Looks like it's ~$90 on the general page now too.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']What's the lowest it's ever gotten?[/QUOTE]

A week or two ago the Sony Store had the cards on sale at 20% off, and then gave an additional 20% off when you checked out.

The 32GB card ended up around $60 after discounts if i recall correctly. They went out of stock fairly quickly. I missed out unfortunately. I was hoping it was a sign of an impending price drop. No such luck yet.

32GB is nothing these days. Even for an iPod Touch, with many light apps installed, that amount of space is not enough. I would pay some $35 max for it, but $75 + tax... no way :/

Same here... I read the title of the post and just shook my head.

Sony will never learn.

I thought Sony wasnt making much money if any on the system and this was a way to make up for it by charging these insane prices on the memory cards.

[quote name='meta460085']How long is it gonna take China to make a micro SD card adapter for the vita? I had one for the pro duo (PSP) that allowed me to use a 8GB micro SD card, paid $1.29 for it if memory serves.[/QUOTE]

The vita memory cards are made so close in size with micro sd cards, that there is zero/ little hope for an adapter. I went ahead and bit on the 32gb a while back, and while it sucked to pay the $80 price, I do love having the space.

This is more of a price gauging thread. Come on people, seriously, do you think saving $4.23 is that much of a deal from an ~$80 item?

Wow, I knew these things were pricey but never bothered to look at the actual price. This is fucking insane. This system deserves to fail.

[quote name='addicted2games']I thought Sony wasnt making much money if any on the system and this was a way to make up for it by charging these insane prices on the memory cards.[/QUOTE]
You can actually only make money if people buy the cards though. And if people don't buy the Vita they aren't going to buy the cards ;-)
If Sony wants to make money selling the cards then Vita needs to be much cheaper, they can't both be expensive.

I thought I'd be hampered when I got a 16gb. But I've been perfectly fine, haven't had one case where I needed to delete something. I just delete stuff when i'm done and I have no storage issue. I also have an 8gb if it ever comes to that.

[quote name='karlgaming']I bought one at best buy last week for 100, can i get the difference back from them if i show them this ad?[/QUOTE]
I read they are still matching online prices till the 31st but they will only match to the current price, which is $90.87 (according to OP link). They will only match products sold & shipped by Amazon (no 3rd parties or fulfilled by Amazon).

[quote name='TimPV3']I got a job at GameStop just so I could get one from Sony RLS for $20[/QUOTE]

How many can you purchase? You can filp them.

[quote name='meta460085']I almost jumped in on black Friday then thought to my self that a redesign and or price drop was not far off[/QUOTE]

Vita doesn't really need a redesign, the device itself is great. But they need to drop the price, especially on the memory cards. They must think their customers are retarded and will buy it because it is Sony, people only do that with Apple these days.

Their target market (18-30) is very info-savvy and a ton know about the ridiculous memory card cost which turns many of them off. Even ignoring the fact that the majority of this group already owns smartphones that are better in many ways than the Vita. The only thing the Vita excels at is handheld games, but it isn't that hard to get by with Angry Birds if you are bored and have 15 minutes to kill.

I own a Vita since it actually does have a lot of great games that just aren't doable on Smartphones. Not because Smartphones don't have the power (many have much more power than the Vita), but simply don't have buttons/sticks/triggers and all that which I kind of consider a must for some reason

[quote name='tilcfast']
The 32GB card ended up around $60 after discounts if i recall correctly. They went out of stock fairly quickly. I missed out unfortunately. I was hoping it was a sign of an impending price drop. No such luck yet.[/QUOTE]

I got mine from Sony Store and wouldn't work. Called them up and took like an hour but they gave me overnight shipping. Apparently they put it on backorder so it took about a month to actually ship it. They gave me an additional $2.79 off the order which was like 5% extra. (pays for tax). I haven't had good experiences with Sony Store Online so far with this order and many other gaming and laptop related orders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGYZcCiTsw8

[quote name='xRidley']I own a Vita since it actually does have a lot of great games that just aren't doable on Smartphones. Not because Smartphones don't have the power (many have much more power than the Vita), but simply don't have buttons/sticks/triggers and all that which I kind of consider a must for some reason[/QUOTE]

It's more like there are going to be a lot of vita games that just won't be available on smartphones. Same reason I have the 3ds, even though it's not as powerful as the vita, is because of the titles exclusive to that system.

I was seriously considering buying a Vita, then when I saw the prices for the cards, I realized that Sony is fleecing Vita owners. Sony and their goddamned proprietary memory cards, give it up already!

[quote name='freeza']I was seriously considering buying a Vita, then when I saw the prices for the cards, I realized that Sony is fleecing Vita owners. Sony and their goddamned proprietary memory cards, give it up already![/QUOTE]

No you weren't, you're just looking for an excuse to hate the Vita publicly.

[quote name='freeza']I was seriously considering buying a Vita, then when I saw the prices for the cards, I realized that Sony is fleecing Vita owners. Sony and their goddamned proprietary memory cards, give it up already![/QUOTE]
Vita is truely one of the best handhelds in the history of gaming, but these high cost memory cards aren't doing the system any favors. I'm sure if there is at least one smart person working in the gaming division over at corperate HQ, they will make a slim/2000 model and included at least 16GB built in(here's hoping something like this is done by E3).

[quote name='chrislaustin']Vita is truely one of the best handhelds in the history of gaming, but these high cost memory cards aren't doing the system any favors. I'm sure if there is at least one smart person working in the gaming division over at corperate HQ, they will make a slim/2000 model and included at least 16GB built in(here's hoping something like this is done by E3).[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I love my Vita to bits, but cmon Sony. You guys have a chance to make it right!

bread's done
Back