- - - - -

Dead Space 3 Demo is out!

#91 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15330 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Depending on the difficulty, you don't really need to farm, but if you want to farm like a pro with less user input do this: Go to the weapon testing area, release your scavenger bots, come back in 10 minutes and they'll have a disproportionate amount of ration seals (2 bots got me ~13-15 a trip), use that to buy the 30 ration seal pack and repeat/enjoy.

Yea, i decided it was a waste of time since playing on normal wasnt hard. I haven't even really experimented with weapon creation - I'm only really using one of the LE guns they give you (forget the name, whatever one has semi-automatic/shotgun)

#92 David Hibiki   Well then... CAGiversary!   9856 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Finished the game co-op.

Co-Op was a blast, very well implemtned.
Crafing weapons was a nice touch.

The game was good, not DS1 or DS2 level but still good. Biggest disappointing things for me was lack of scares followed by the story. Everything else is minor/can be looked over, at least for me.

I think it took us 14 hours on HARD but we were SLOW and explored EVERYTHING (or at least we thought we did, missed a few collectables) and did every side/optional mission.

Worth the admission for dead space fans. If you haven't played the first two I would go through them first.

#93 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10811 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

My time playing solo was 20.5 hours! I guess I spent a LOT of time tinkering at the weapons bench.

Ryuukishi634.png

#94 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7296 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Yeah, I clocked in at 19 my first time through. Just wrapped up Pure Survival at about 12. Got pretty tight in those final chapters.

Despite throughly enjoying playing through Hardcore in DS2, I am not looking forward to it this time around. So many stupid ways to die. Most of them seemingly piled up near the end.

Check out my art blog.      |      Trade List

Open for commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

#95 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10811 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Yeah, I clocked in at 19 my first time through. Just wrapped up Pure Survival at about 12. Got pretty tight in those final chapters.

Despite throughly enjoying playing through Hardcore in DS2, I am not looking forward to it this time around. So many stupid ways to die. Most of them seemingly piled up near the end.

Because of the way they changed the mechanics around (permadeath, but you ARE allowed to save and quit), you can totally cheat it by backing up your save to a USB stick.

Ryuukishi634.png

#96 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7296 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Because of the way they changed the mechanics around (permadeath, but you ARE allowed to save and quit), you can totally cheat it by backing up your save to a USB stick.

I hate to think about it, but unless certain deaths suddenly stop feeling random on a future playthrough, I might just take the hit to my dignity and deal with it.

Prolly gonna test the PSN waters with some co-op today since I'm a PS3 pariah. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some decent partners. Anyone know if you get to choose whether you'll play as Isaac or Carver?

For anyone who's beaten the game:

Spoiler

#97 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10811 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Spoiler

Wow, that hadn't occurred to me but there are a lot of parallels there.

Spoiler

Ryuukishi634.png

#98 bill123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1168 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

So gonna start it this week and was wondering how long it's taken you guys to beat it. It's not a short game is it. I'm glad everyone is enjoying it as this series is one of my all time favorites.

EDIT: Just read what some said above me on times. I'm glad it takes awhile.

55877.png
563306.png

#99 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17165 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

I hate to think about it, but unless certain deaths suddenly stop feeling random on a future playthrough, I might just take the hit to my dignity and deal with it.

Prolly gonna test the PSN waters with some co-op today since I'm a PS3 pariah. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some decent partners. Anyone know if you get to choose whether you'll play as Isaac or Carver?

Spoiler

Spoiler

#100 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   956 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

Never played the DS series, but I enjoyed the demo a lot. Do I need to play DS 1 or 2 to understand or enjoy 3? I have a big backlog which includes Fallout NV, Xenoblade, Witcher 2, Mafia 2 and BL2 so there is a lot to keep me busy. So if the 1st 2 aren't stellar or mandatory, I would just play 3. Thanks

#101 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17165 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

It has a PREVIOUSLY ON DEAD SPACE video you can watch

#102 gotdott   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2423 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

Spoiler

Cerberus was obviously a branch of Unitology :lol:

#103 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10811 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

So if the 1st 2 aren't stellar or mandatory, I would just play 3. Thanks

There's no reason to do this. The first two games ARE stellar. Nothing the newer games do make the previous ones feel obsolete or old (this isn't Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 2). And honestly, all three are great but if you only want to play one of them for whatever reason, Dead Space 1 is the best.

Ryuukishi634.png

#104 dualedge2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   773 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

dualedge2

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

Dead Space 1 & 2 are fantastic. If anything, 3 falls short of 1 & 2's greatness. Don't skip the first two, just to play 3. No matter the reason.
Fight for the Lost

#105 menikmati   Isolation, self-damnation CAGiversary!   3516 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

Host plays as Isaac and the person who joins is Carver.

#106 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7296 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Host plays as Isaac and the person who joins is Carver.

Awesome, thanks!

#107 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10811 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

Awakened DLC adds 8 achievements and 250 GS.

Ryuukishi634.png

#108 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17165 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

So many good games coming out in March I may have to skip the dlc until a sale

#109 David Hibiki   Well then... CAGiversary!   9856 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Awakened DLC adds 8 achievements and 250 GS.

Secret ones are hopefully story related. If so, looks like a easy 250.

Overall this game is pretty easy so far to hit 1000, just a matter of beating the games multiple times.

Though I see no way of doing Hardcore legit, too many moments where you can easily die. Would require a back up save via USB.

#110 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17165 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

I was worried about not having a partner for the co-op achievements this game beautifully adds a choose a chapter/difficulty search.

#111 Pirate331   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1076 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

I'm playing on Hard; when does it actually become Hard? I'm at the start of chapter 4 and have had a completely full inventory basically since the Marker reveal in Chapter 1. And I mean like 15 health packs and 200+ rounds of omni-ammo full. Only one combat death from not noticing a necromorph running up behind me.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#112 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17165 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

That's one thing that sucks about this game is the over abundance of items. Pure survival tries to curb that but with the ability to make your own items it almost doesn't matter.

Countless times I had to enter my bench just to deposit ammo or health packs just to make room for a weapon part.

#113 gotdott   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2423 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

I'm playing on Hard; when does it actually become Hard? I'm at the start of chapter 4 and have had a completely full inventory basically since the Marker reveal in Chapter 1. And I mean like 15 health packs and 200+ rounds of omni-ammo full. Only one combat death from not noticing a necromorph running up behind me.

It's not really going to get hard at all with the overabundance of resources. You probably will die once or twice from those 1 hit kill moments and that's about it. I had to switch over to impossible and that was okay I guess

#114 Pirate331   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1076 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

I did get killed in the doorway looking at the unmanned transport trucks. Collision detection fail.
Posted Image

#115 mrspicytacoman   Apply Ubik only as directed CAGiversary!   1893 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

mrspicytacoman

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

anybody want to do co op missions

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#TrueGamer

#116 Pirate331   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1076 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

I'd consider it in the near future. My usual co-op partner for everything hasn't even played DS1, so I doubt he'll be getting into DS3 any time soon. I'm just starting chapter 9, and I think I want to finish the campaign before doing co-op.

Anyone else think it makes no sense that Isaac's suit can keep him toasty warm IN FREAKING SPACE, but when his helmet won't close on Tau Voltanis he freezes to death in minutes?
Posted Image

#117 Wint3rSoldier   Put it in ur Mouf CAGiversary!   180 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Wint3rSoldier

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

friend of mine reviewed it on youtube

IamMedellin.pngcard.png

#118 dualedge2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   773 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

dualedge2

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

I'd consider it in the near future. My usual co-op partner for everything hasn't even played DS1, so I doubt he'll be getting into DS3 any time soon. I'm just starting chapter 9, and I think I want to finish the campaign before doing co-op.

Anyone else think it makes no sense that Isaac's suit can keep him toasty warm IN FREAKING SPACE, but when his helmet won't close on Tau Voltanis he freezes to death in minutes?

I'm sure he's used to it by now. Remember in DS2 how his helmet kept opening at the WORST moments?
Fight for the Lost

#119 Mospeada_21   Zombie Hunter \\*// CAGiversary!   2421 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Mospeada_21

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

In Dead Space 2, the Hacker suit was unlocked by completing the Dead Space Ignition mini-games.

The Hacker suit had half of Isaac's head exposed in Space [along with his ears & neck as well]. Now that was a big leap of nonsense.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#120 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10811 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Dead Space 4 cancelled, series is essentially dead.

:(

Ryuukishi634.png