Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem Wii U

Let me explain how excited I am about this game. If Atlus offered a collector's edition (assuming it wasn't over $85), right now. I would buy it without even knowing nothing about the game :lol:.

Then again I have good reason. I haven't played a bad SMT game or Fire Emblem game. In fact Nocturne ranks as one of my three favorite RPG games of all time.

Anybody notice how Nintendo's always pushing their digital content WAY more than the other companies? Looks like this is another reason why: the load times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS2Q6lNigyY

Nintendo really has to allow installs onto the USB hard drive, even if the ports are 2.0. I read about the data packs in Xenoblade and the fact that you have to download them is ridiculous.

Let's hope it's a few seconds more, even if it adds up. 10 seconds for a battle. Oy. I thought I wanted to play Nintendo to avoid the load times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, so that's what Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is. I saw the reviews on Metacritic and was wondering why there was a second MT x FE type game when I knew there was already one coming. I also had no idea it was out so soon.

Anyone picked this up yet? I might actually dust off the old Wii U for this. The special edition looks to be pretty scarce right now. Supposedly a Best Buy 30 miles from me has it (only one in the state) but I'd have to drive down there and get it - not sure I feel like doing that.

Edit: Gamestop still has it in stock online. But that's for the full $79.99. The advantage of best Buy is the $63.99 GCU pricing. Still, though, I think I'll wait a bit and try to get the regular version on sale. Though I don't suspect there will be a huge print run for this so I won't wait too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Gamestop still has it in stock online. But that's for the full $79.99. The advantage of best Buy is the $63.99 GCU pricing. Still, though, I think I'll wait a bit and try to get the regular version on sale. Though I don't suspect there will be a huge print run for this so I won't wait too long.
I bit and bought the SE from Gamestop (I expect that stock to be gone very soon). With the Wii U very publicly on its final legs, and the fact that Nintendo has done practically zero promotion for this game (unlike what it did for Xenoblade Saga), I suspect this SE got a very small print run.

The SE is sold out everywhere else.

Not really an FE gamer; the Persona angle sounds far more interesting to me :)

Yeah, interesting, The SE has been delisted entirely at Best Buy. I wish I had driven the 30 miles to the one store that supposedly still had them a few days ago. Oh well...

I picked up the SE, managed to pre-order it a week before release at Best Buy. Only played about an hour 1/2 so far, but I really like the game and am looking forward to spending more time with it. I have 4th of July off from work on Monday so I will probably spend some quality time with #FE  then.

Yeah, interesting, The SE has been delisted entirely at Best Buy. I wish I had driven the 30 miles to the one store that supposedly still had them a few days ago. Oh well...
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised to see Gamestop even had it. I was just going to get the standard edition later this year but when I saw GS had it, it was an automatic buy for me.

bread's done
Back