The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct ... gameplay wtf?

syndragore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
71 (100%)
Didn't see another thread about this anywhere, but I might be mistaken so if I am let me know.

If anyone hasn't seen this "released gameplay" yet, heres a link to a youtube vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xED-90Q4vu8

I dont think I'm the only person who thinks that as of this video the game looks pretty darn bad, especially considering that if I'm not mistaken the game is scheduled to release in March.

Does anyone know if this is really gameplay as of the time this vid was released, and not just really old alpha footage or fake footage entirely? If it is I'm pretty worried. I'm a huge fan of the television series, comics, and 2012 point-and-click game as well as fps games in general, so I was really hoping for this to be great.

I thought Activision came out and said that footage is not official, and is from an early build of the game.

Of course, they only came out and said that once it started getting ripped apart.

I don't think Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker voice acting will save this steaming pile.

It's not an official trailer, but it is a fan-made trailer that uses actual footage from the game. So yeah, looks like shit and probably won't be much different by the time it comes out, supposedly still in March (gotta capitalize on the praise for the previous TWD game as soon as possible, you know).

[quote name='syndragore']

I dont think I'm the only person who thinks that as of this video the game looks pretty darn bad, especially considering that if I'm not mistaken the game is scheduled to release in March. [/QUOTE]
You aren't. In fact I think you're in the vast and wide majority of people. Their last trailer with just the actors talking about how the game is coming out with no footage whatsoever also adds little doubt that the game will be trash.

Looks like your typical piece of mid-budget licensed mediocrity. The question is how much this sells based purely on the good name that Telltale has made for TWD videogames.

The game's 100% done at this point. Norman Reedus already has a copy (he posted about it on twitter) and we still have virtually no information about it...

bread's done
Back