Batman Arkham City GOTY (X360) $20 at Amazon

Thanks, I got one. I'm playing through Arkham Asylum GOTY after someone posted about it being $5 last December on Amazon. It'll be nice to jump into this right after I'm done with Asylum.

[quote name='Luriden']Thanks, I got one. I'm playing through Arkham Asylum GOTY after someone posted about it being $5 last December on Amazon. It'll be nice to jump into this right after I'm done with Asylum.[/QUOTE]please tell me you are talking about a PC digital download through amazon. or was it really a xbox goty for $5?

[quote name='tribalnoise']please tell me you are talking about a PC digital download through amazon. or was it really a xbox goty for $5?[/QUOTE]
360 version. It was in stock for like 10 minutes.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']waiting for a e gift card to arrive, hope it stays this price (any idea?)[/QUOTE]
Order it now and cancel when you get your gift card and re-order.

Tempting. I've beaten the game and have the Harley DLC but I almost want to get this for all the stupid packs and costumes. I don't know what to do!

I was really disappointed to hear that the Harley DLC was not that great. It was a great game. Worth the full price at launch!

[quote name='tribalnoise']please tell me you are talking about a PC digital download through amazon. or was it really a xbox goty for $5?[/QUOTE]

Xbox. It sometimes comes back as $10 as well. I bought it a year ago at like $10 and never played it...sad when I saw that sale at $5.

It was also on sale for $15 at Target on Black Friday (both xbox and ps3 versions). Waiting for this game to at least drop back to that level.

[quote name='Lemstar']360 version. It was in stock for like 10 minutes.[/QUOTE]

This. And I'd also like to note that was the only time I've ever, ever been lucky with catching a really great sale while it's still in stock. I deserved that, damn it.

[quote name='Desousa93']Have the CE (frys 20$) but have being holding off on playing it would rather play the game with dlc all at one playthrough.[/QUOTE]

DLC really isnt that special unless you love the challenge rooms. Only Harley actually has add-on content to the SP story.

[quote name='GamerDude316']DLC really isnt that special unless you love the challenge rooms. Only Harley actually has add-on content to the SP story.[/QUOTE]

^THIS^, I already have the vanilla copy, and the Challenge Maps don't interest me, I really want to play through Harley Quinn's Revenge though so I am hoping it goes on sale again for 400msp (still kicking myself for missing it on Black Friday :whistle2:( ).

Still an awesome deal though!

Try Asylum first, just to see if you like the gameplay. (Most people do.) Arkham City takes everything Asylum did and makes it bigger and better, so if you played City first Asylum would suffer a bit by comparison.

You could start with AC, but since they're both cheap and both really good, I'd start with AA.

AC is semi open world, where AA is linear, but they're similar enough to see if you like the gameplay.

[quote name='Alien Spider']^THIS^, I already have the vanilla copy, and the Challenge Maps don't interest me, I really want to play through Harley Quinn's Revenge though so I am hoping it goes on sale again for 400msp (still kicking myself for missing it on Black Friday :whistle2:( ).

Still an awesome deal though![/QUOTE]

Haha I bought it on bf and haven't even loaded up the game since...curse you backlog!

im not sure if AC GOTY has the same problem that AA did but it would corrupt the game save some how so you had to start all over very aggravating

[quote name='parrothead87']Have not played either of the Batman games. Anyone suggest either Arkham Assulym or Arkham City to start?[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest you pick up both. Haven't played AC yet, but AA is one of my top five this gen!:applause: Totally worth the $10-$20 it cost now, highly recommend you play it first (You probably don't need to though, story wise, if that's what your asking)

AND the alternate costumes can not be used until you beat the single player story.

[quote name='GamerChris']Is the DLC on disc? or a bunch of codes?[/QUOTE]
It's on a second disc that's not compatible with a vanilla install, AFAIK.

[quote name='Lemstar']It's on a second disc that's not compatible with a vanilla install, AFAIK.[/QUOTE]

My vanilla saves worked with my GOTY Edition.

I had to wait until today before I could pick this up, but the deal is apparently already dead. :/

[quote name='hotstud19us']I was at Target today and they also had it for $20[/QUOTE]

Was this ever confirmed?

[quote name='TaylorM06']My vanilla saves worked with my GOTY Edition.[/QUOTE]

Vanilla disc doesn't work with GOTY conent.

bread's done
Back