Up to 75% off Bohemia Interactive PCDD (Arma II, Take On Helicopters) @ Gamefly

LakersHater

CAGiversary!
Received email today from Gamefly for up to 75% digital downloads of Bohemia Interactive Games.

Titles include Arma II, Arma II: Operation Arrowhead, Take on Helicotpers, and Arma II: Combined Operations.

Use coupon code GFDFEB20 to get 20% off digital titles until 2/15 (thanks CheapyD)

Can't post link due to being new user! :cry:

I'm tempted by the copter game because that's the best price by far for it (Bundle with DLC is 8ish after coupon) but not being Steam is holding me back. I've heard of people having games disappear from their gamefly accounts and wasn't their some transition from another site where some games were lost too? Or was that elsewhere?

If this was Gamersgate, Amazon, etc I'd be all over it.

Is this what one needs to play DayZ? I just got a PC that can game so I am new to these threads.

EDIT: NVM...saw you need Combined Ops, which is on sale for $14.99.

Thanks for the link Wario!

Take On Helicopters + DLC ended up $7.60 with coupon. Steam or not, really good deal. I have about 7-10 games bought through Gamefly (formerly Direct2Drive) and haven't had any issues downloading and playing them.

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']Is this what one needs to play DayZ? I just got a PC that can game so I am new to these threads.

EDIT: NVM...saw you need Combined Ops, which is on sale for $14.99.[/QUOTE]

I think DayZ stand alone is pretty soon? I'd just wait at this point

[quote name='Wario64']I think DayZ stand alone is pretty soon? I'd just wait at this point[/QUOTE]

http://dayzgame.com/

I don't really know about that TBH. Their site and twitter certainly don't reflect a game on the verge of release.

[quote name='Wario64']I think DayZ stand alone is pretty soon? I'd just wait at this point[/QUOTE]

Just watched their first dev video blog last night. It doesnt really seem very far along unfortunately. Would really like to make the switch to this from War Z

You need combined operations to play DayZ, Wastleland and various mods not to mention Arma itself being good. Standalone saw its first peek of action to the world in a video this week. It's not close to release, buy this and you will happily buy the standalone. It's a must experience kinda game that gives a rush like not many games can.

You need combined operations to play DayZ, Wastleland and various mods not to mention Arma itself being good. Standalone saw its first peek of action to the world in a video this week. It's not close to release, buy this and you will happily buy the standalone. It's a must experience kinda game that gives a rush like not many games can.

As you probably already know the game has a huge learning curb as its built into a not so friendly loot and overall interface game. It's worth the effort required though.

DayZ is way too glitchy and unpolished to be fun if you aren't playing with people you know ... just a word of warning.

I bought it a couple months ago and found the experience to be tedious most of the time and fun on occasion but nowhere near the level of hype that the game has built up over the past year.

Wow ARMA Combined Ops is $12 after GFDFEB20 coupon... that's tempting. Wish it were Steam enabled, cause that's almost blind buy "sure I'll give it a shot" price range, but I worry I'll forget I bought it at some later date!

[quote name='etcrane']DayZ is way too glitchy and unpolished to be fun if you aren't playing with people you know ... just a word of warning.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I thought this was the reason that we were getting the standalone, but God knows when that's coming now. Might as well just take the plunge on this now. Especially since Arma II dropped to $7.99 with the coupon code. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back