ECA Appoints Hip-Hop Gamer as Brand Ambassador

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
hhg-belt.png

I debated posting this at all, but the irony was too rife not to. To give a little history, ECA is a company (not to be confused with ESA, whom is an actual organization with real political ties) that promotes itself as 'for the gamers' yet a few years back tried to scam its members by charging annual fees to canceled users. They then created barriers to illicit refunds or cancel any existing subscriptions via their online site. This created a huge backlash from the CAG community who was then required to send some odd boxes worth of written cancellation notices from members. Long story short, they made internet headlines and many enemies on the gaming front.

So, to appoint someone who uses slurs and embodies ignorance as brand ambassador is all too fitting for a company like ECA. They have not grown up and likely never will, much like their owner Hal Halpin. At the very least, this is another PSA to never associate with or feed their company whose only accomplishment has been looking like fools.

So what it comes down to, based on their statement, is that he was the only pseudo-celebrity who would do it for free.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm floored that the ECA even still exists at this point.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Where do they get their money to exist?

Does this guy actually have a following?
Besides the few times Cheapy has talked about him on the podcast, I've never heard of him elsewhere.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Does this guy actually have a following?
[/QUOTE]

If 50 Cent has a following, why wouldn't this guy?

[quote name='bobo2k4']Does this guy actually have a following?
Besides the few times Cheapy has talked about him on the podcast, I've never heard of him elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he has made quite a few fans for himself.

[quote name='Spokker']If 50 Cent has a following, why wouldn't this guy?[/QUOTE]
Worst thing I've ever read. 50 Cent is fantastic.

bread's done
Back