Playstation 4 Predictions

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Wondering what everyone thinks about the future of PS4. The announcement is just a couple days away and I want to hear what specifically you think/hope is going to be announced and what you think about a year or two from now. Where is the PS4 going?

Here are my predictions:

Price: $400
Release: October
Looks: Extremely sexy
Will allow used games but have passes basically like now (Sony realizes the digital future so sees no immediate reason to block disc based games)
Will not be always online
Say hello to many more Xbox like Ads
The Last Guardian will release this year
In a few years 2/3 of sales will be digital

And I think the biggest thing for the future will be Gaikai aka Netflix for games. This is the inevitable future imo. Whether Sony can pull it off or not at this time remains to be seen. I think they'll make a good effort but it may be 5 years or so ahead of it's time. For those with fantastic internet it should be pretty amazing. PS+ being integrated with this could very well stomp the competitions services.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']Wondering what everyone thinks about the future of PS4. The announcement is just a couple days away and I want to hear what specifically you think/hope is going to be announced and what you think about a year or two from now. Where is the PS4 going?

Here are my predictions:

Will allow used games but have passes basically like now (Sony realizes the digital future so sees no immediate reason to block disc based games)

And I think the biggest thing for the future will be Gaikai aka Netflix for games. This is the inevitable future imo. Whether Sony can pull it off or not at this time remains to be seen. I think they'll make a good effort but it may be 5 years or so ahead of it's time. For those with fantastic internet it should be pretty amazing. PS+ being integrated with this could very well stomp the competitions services.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this but I still believe digital sales will not get any better unless they actually have huge price drops/sales on retail games. Why spend $60 on a retail game when I can spend that same $60, beat it and get 20-30 back.

The Gaikai service sounds great but America doesn't have the internet to support it. Sure in cities, yes, but in rural America they are not up to the level yet.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Pretty much this but I still believe digital sales will not get any better unless they actually have huge price drops/sales on retail games. Why spend $60 on a retail game when I can spend that same $60, beat it and get 20-30 back.

The Gaikai service sounds great but America doesn't have the internet to support it. Sure in cities, yes, but in rural America they are not up to the level yet.[/QUOTE]

yup. digitial only sales on full retail games wont go anywhere when their prices are completely unreasonable. theres games on psn right now that i could go buy cheaper used at gamestop. that should never be the case.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Pretty much this but I still believe digital sales will not get any better unless they actually have huge price drops/sales on retail games. Why spend $60 on a retail game when I can spend that same $60, beat it and get 20-30 back.

The Gaikai service sounds great but America doesn't have the internet to support it. Sure in cities, yes, but in rural America they are not up to the level yet.[/QUOTE]

If companies want digital to work, they need to lower the prices considerably. We're talking $40 for new releases. The only problem with that is retailers (GameStop) will bitch and complain that they are being undercut too much and will threaten to stop carrying their games.

Personally, I say lower new game prices to $49.99 for the next gen. The new tools and engines coming out/already out for "next-gen" are far more sophisticated than what the PS3 and 360 originally have. UE4 is touting itself as a 1-man team, in that, an artist can supposedly make a game similar to Angry Birds by himself in roughly 6 months with no coding knowledge...so I don't honestly expect dev costs to go up unless the companies WANT them to go up for whatever selfish/egotistical reasons they have.

That said, I like what Sony is doing with PS+ and discounts on new games. $53.99 is still too steep for my liking, but if new games at retail were $49.99, I may consider picking up the digital version for only $39.99 (?)

As far as predictions, what was said above + the PS MOVE (2.0?) and Eyetoy (3.0?) will be bundled, which is good. If Sony is going to push this tech/feature, they NEED to include it with every PS4 if they want developers to even consider it.

I think Sony will introduce a mandatory "xbox live" type of fee to connect to the interwebs.

Can I ask why everyone is thinking Last Guardian will be a launch title? That series of games is extremely niche and won't move consoles.

PS3 should be launching with Uncharted 4, Gran Turismo 6, Metal Gear Solid 5 or some kind of exclusivity deal with GTA V or Call of Duty (both highly unlikely). Something that moves millions.

Personally I'm hoping for a new Ratchet and Clank but I'm not holding my breath.

What would really knock it out of the park would be a joint venture between Sony and Microsoft. The "Playstation X" (as I've named it) would double their install base and lower production costs. The only problem I would have with this is paying for Live.

I just hope this thing has "classic" attachments (if necessary) to play PS2 and PS3 games.

[quote name='willardhaven']Can I ask why everyone is thinking Last Guardian will be a launch title? That series of games is extremely niche and won't move consoles.

PS3 should be launching with Uncharted 4, Gran Turismo 6, Metal Gear Solid 5 or some kind of exclusivity deal with GTA V or Call of Duty (both highly unlikely). Something that moves millions.

Personally I'm hoping for a new Ratchet and Clank but I'm not holding my breath.

I just hope this thing has "classic" attachments (if necessary) to play PS2 and PS3 games.[/QUOTE]
Yeah PS4 needs an exclusive deal to make people want it. Well for US and Europe. It pretty much dominates Japan compared to 360.

[quote name='willardhaven']Can I ask why everyone is thinking Last Guardian will be a launch title? That series of games is extremely niche and won't move consoles. [/QUOTE]

It just seems for as long as that game has been in development, and their urgency to get it finished, that PS4 would be the best time to finally release it. And it may be niche, but it's also a game that some people have been excited for (as a Shadow of the Colossus successor) since it's initial announcement, and could possibly move consoles for those people. Still think it'll be out on PS3, but having it on launch day for the PS4 would be one hell of a note to start out with for that system.

[quote name='willardhaven']PS4 should be launching with Uncharted 4, Gran Turismo 6, Metal Gear Solid 5 or some kind of exclusivity deal with GTA V or Call of Duty (both highly unlikely). Something that moves millions.

Personally I'm hoping for a new Ratchet and Clank but I'm not holding my breath. [/QUOTE]

Well, the two MGS games aren't out yet so it's possible those could be there on launch day, and I think the same could be of Watch Dogs. I think the guys behind Killzone, Resistance, and Infamous haven't been announced doing anything, so possibly some games from them. I'm eager to see what Sony has planned for launch period, especially if they have seen the frustration from the 3DS, PSVita, and Wii U launch lineup.

[quote name='willardhaven']I just hope this thing has "classic" attachments (if necessary) to play PS2 and PS3 games.[/QUOTE]

If PS+ will have a Gaikai like service with it with a library of PS1/2/3 games to choose from, then that has me Day 1 for sure.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah PS4 needs an exclusive deal to make people want it. Well for US and Europe. It pretty much dominates Japan compared to 360.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in seeing what happens since Japan won't be as helpful to Sony this time around. Console gaming is in greater decline there.

[quote name='4thHorseman']It just seems for as long as that game has been in development, and their urgency to get it finished, that PS4 would be the best time to finally release it. And it may be niche, but it's also a game that some people have been excited for (as a Shadow of the Colossus successor) since it's initial announcement, and could possibly move consoles for those people. Still think it'll be out on PS3, but having it on launch day for the PS4 would be one hell of a note to start out with for that system.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I think it's going to flop. That's why I'm so confused by all the interest. I don't even think it's going to make the launch of PS4.

[quote name='4thHorseman']
Well, the two MGS games aren't out yet so it's possible those could be there on launch day, and I think the same could be of Watch Dogs. I think the guys behind Killzone, Resistance, and Infamous haven't been announced doing anything, so possibly some games from them. I'm eager to see what Sony has planned for launch period, especially if they have seen the frustration from the 3DS, PSVita, and Wii U launch lineup.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Groudn Zeroes will even sell that well. Like I said the launch needs something big. Uncharted 4 and Gran Turismo 6 would be mandatory if I was in charge. I am not even a fan of those games, but their sales impact cannot be denied.

[quote name='4thHorseman']
If PS+ will have a Gaikai like service with it with a library of PS1/2/3 games to choose from, then that has me Day 1 for sure.[/QUOTE]

I'm concerned with lag on something like this. I'd prefer a downloaded copy like the PS2 classics to streaming. If it's lag-free and subscription based I might bite though.

[quote name='willardhaven']Can I ask why everyone is thinking Last Guardian will be a launch title? That series of games is extremely niche and won't move consoles.

I just hope this thing has "classic" attachments (if necessary) to play PS2 and PS3 games.[/QUOTE]

The rumor for TLG started because Fumito Ueda (former Team Ico head) tweeted a few days ago about the game saying how Sony would have to be the ones to announce anything on it and to keep an eye out for their announcement. Later on the same day some Sony President/CEO/High Up guy retweeted what Fumito had tweeted. So with the timing of it, it seems like we may be seeing some of it on the 20th, and by extension to me that says it could be a launch/launch window title.

It was also said by someone in the know that the game has been in development for the PS4 for the last 2 years.

So with that I'm guessing they should have it ready at or near launch.

Now having said that, I realize that it is a niche type of game and most people don't care about it. It will most likely not be a system mover. For me personally however it (hopefully) will be a system seller. As for other games that will move some systems, yes I hope to see the next Infamous or Sucker Punch title, Killzone (which I personally dont care about), Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet, and maybe even a teaser for the next Uncharted.

Honestly I hope they also show a brand new ip or a big surprise like that but who knows what's going to happen.

[quote name='polity']I think Sony will introduce a mandatory "xbox live" type of fee to connect to the interwebs.[/QUOTE]

Not a chance. Free online gaming is literally one of the biggest selling points of the PS3.

[quote name='ShockandAww']The rumor for TLG started because Fumito Ueda (former Team Ico head) tweeted a few days ago about the game saying how Sony would have to be the ones to announce anything on it and to keep an eye out for their announcement. Later on the same day some Sony President/CEO/High Up guy retweeted what Fumito had tweeted. So with the timing of it, it seems like we may be seeing some of it on the 20th, and by extension to me that says it could be a launch/launch window title.

It was also said by someone in the know that the game has been in development for the PS4 for the last 2 years.

So with that I'm guessing they should have it ready at or near launch.

Now having said that, I realize that it is a niche type of game and most people don't care about it. It will most likely not be a system mover. For me personally however it (hopefully) will be a system seller. As for other games that will move some systems, yes I hope to see the next Infamous or Sucker Punch title, Killzone (which I personally dont care about), Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet, and maybe even a teaser for the next Uncharted.

Honestly I hope they also show a brand new ip or a big surprise like that but who knows what's going to happen.[/QUOTE]

I would love some new IP's, but at the same time, it's easier to sell systems with an established franchise. But even if they do come out with another sequel to PS3 games, I hope there's more focus on newer IP's with Sony devs. Loved the games this gen, but I want some of these teams to expand and do something different.

$400 - no way, I say two sku's : $499 and $599.
[quote name='ShockandAww']Wondering what everyone thinks about the future of PS4. The announcement is just a couple days away and I want to hear what specifically you think/hope is going to be announced and what you think about a year or two from now. Where is the PS4 going?

Here are my predictions:

And I think the biggest thing for the future will be Gaikai aka Netflix for games. This is the inevitable future imo. Whether Sony can pull it off or not at this time remains to be seen. I think they'll make a good effort but it may be 5 years or so ahead of it's time. For those with fantastic internet it should be pretty amazing. PS+ being integrated with this could very well stomp the competitions services.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='antlp89']I would be surprised if the PS4 launches at only $400.

My gut tells me $450.[/QUOTE]

I thought $400 at first as well, but if Sony bundles the Move/Eye I can see them upping the price to $449.99, which I'm fine with. I really need to see what sort of improvements/advances they have made before committing to buying. Personally, they MUST have a faster blu-ray drive, at least 8x, preferably 12x. Some of my blu-rays take forever to load...

Then there's the games and services/features. Sony is going to need some killer features and exclusives if they want to persuade people to upgrade from their PS3's (and 360's), especially at $450.

[quote name='InvaderZim']$400 - no way, I say two sku's : $499 and $599.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='antlp89']I would be surprised if the PS4 launches at only $400.

My gut tells me $450.[/QUOTE]

$599 won't happen since they did that last time and got way too much shit for it. Remember last time Blu Ray was new and it was the cheapest Blu Ray player available at the time. They don't have anything like that this time.

$500 probably also won't happen imo but is realistic if they're including move and such. $450 sure I almost guessed that instead actually but looking at what's rumored I think they'll go with $400. It will please pretty much everyone and I'm guessing it would still be profitable pretty quickly.

[quote name='SynGamer']Personally, they MUST have a faster blu-ray drive, at least 8x, preferably 12x. Some of my blu-rays take forever to load...[/QUOTE]

If I remember right rumor was 6x

[quote name='ShockandAww']If I remember right rumor was 6x[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen that rumor but if it holds true I guess that's an OK improvement. That's 27 MBps. So to fill 1GB of memory, we're looking at 38 seconds minimum. I have no doubt that we'll see A LOT of streaming from the disc with the new generation of consoles. I'm still hoping for 8x (and REALLY hoping for a 12x). Even at 8x that would be 36 MBps which means 1GB of memory would take roughly 28 seconds which is a sizable drop.

Now, should Sony miraculously put a 12x blu-ray drive in the PS4, we're looking at 54 MBps, which means 1GB of memory would only take 19 seconds to fill... (food for thought)

I'm sure some people are rolling their eyes, but I'm sure we ALL remember how much of an inconvenience the mandatory installs were. With a proper blu-ray drive, developers can actually rely on the streaming speed versus loading the games on our HDDs. Plus, we're looking at SUPER QUICK load times for your average game. If developers only need to load a 200-300 MB to get the level started, that's 5-6 second load times, and then the rest of the level can load in the background if/when necessary.

EDIT: one thing I forgot to mention previously was PS Vita integration. if Nintendo did one thing right with the Wii U it was the ability to let other people use the TV and continue your game on the gamepad. If Sony can integrate something similar between the PS4 and Vita, I'm instantly sold. Essentially Remote Play that actually works properly. I believe the current issue is the PS3 doesn't have enough memory to stream the game to the Vita without the developers purposely downgrading the PS3 game slightly to not eat up as much memory...which really not many devs are doing as we can see. That shouldn't be a problem for the PS4.

the_last_guardian_wallpaper_by_crossdominatrix5.png

Just wanted to bring more attention to this:bouncy::whee:
(It better be shown off on Feb 20th :pray:)

The Vita could be awesome if they can use it + Gaikai. It'd be great for Vita since currently the streaming for games is pretty much limited to 720p (as far as I'm aware). With Vitas small screen you wouldn't have to worry about that. The only issue would be getting the bandwidth you need for streaming. Enough bandwidth and you can run PS3 games on your Vita. There's rumors of a 4G Vita and I'm hoping this is the reason. I don't think you'll ever be playing something competitive like CoD or whatever on your Vita but for single player games at least it'll hopefully work.

[quote name='SynGamer']

EDIT: one thing I forgot to mention previously was PS Vita integration. if Nintendo did one thing right with the Wii U it was the ability to let other people use the TV and continue your game on the gamepad. If Sony can integrate something similar between the PS4 and Vita, I'm instantly sold. Essentially Remote Play that actually works properly. I believe the current issue is the PS3 doesn't have enough memory to stream the game to the Vita without the developers purposely downgrading the PS3 game slightly to not eat up as much memory...which really not many devs are doing as we can see. That shouldn't be a problem for the PS4.[/QUOTE]

I agree. One of the reasons I sold my Vita was because the remote play feature did not feel fluid for me. If Sony can merge the PS4 and Vita together for a seamless experience (pick up Vita and instantly have access to PS4 menu via "PS4 mode") it would be a great selling point in my opinion. If they the PS4 can offer the type of interface the Wii U is offering and offer a much more powerful system than the Wii U it would really get my interest.

The funny thing with the Wii U is that I use it more for web browsing and checking Miiverse than for Wii U games just because of how convenient it is to use the Gamepad. I use it almost daily for web browsing while eating breakfast. Hopefully Sony developes similar technology with the Vita and PS4. :D

Here are my predictions:

my prediction is that the main conf will be for ps vita price drop and possible ps3 price drop and they will show a sneak peak video about a ps next gen system announcment at e3.

[quote name='polity']I think Sony will introduce a mandatory "xbox live" type of fee to connect to the interwebs.[/QUOTE]

something tells me that might happen also. Sony used ps plus to test the market and from the sound of it they are very pleased how well it went. If you do have to pay for online play and still get the great things in current ps plus i would be all over ps4 from the start.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']my prediction is that the main conf will be for ps vita price drop and possible ps3 price drop and they will show a sneak peak video about a ps next gen system announcment at e3.[/QUOTE]

With all the rumors there is no way.... it will be focused on the ps4... just saying :lol:

[quote name='GUNNM']If xbox really goes through with no used games you can say hello to a new playstation 4 owner.[/QUOTE]

As much as I dislike the Xbox360, Microsoft wouldn't be stupid enough to go through with that. I'm sure that in the end everything will work out. I'm not worried about it :) It would be such a bad PR move on their part

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']my prediction is that the main conf will be for ps vita price drop and possible ps3 price drop and they will show a sneak peak video about a ps next gen system announcment at e3.[/QUOTE]
There's a 0% chance of that in reality. You don't hype something like this to announce price cuts.

They better announce something big for the Vita though if they're expecting to save it at all. A $50 price cut isn't going to do it at this point. Too little too late.

[quote name='ShockandAww']There's a 0% chance of that in reality. You don't hype something like this to announce price cuts.

They better announce something big for the Vita though if they're expecting to save it at all. A $50 price cut isn't going to do it at this point. Too little too late.[/QUOTE]

i really do think if this is about ps4 it's not all about ps4. I think we will not get all the info and games about ps4 till e3. e3 will all be about next gen systems by sony and microsoft.

[quote name='ShockandAww']
In a few years 2/3 of sales will be digital[/QUOTE]

Pretty much agree with this, though I'm thinking more like Four Hundred and Forty Nine U.S. Dollars.

Gaikai will be the backwards compatibility solution for PS2 and PS3 games. And I think we'll hear a lot about cross-generational titles for PS3 and PS4, including Grand Theft Auto V and Dragon Age III.

I think the system has to be $499 or less. If it's not less than that it's going to be hard for it to sell as well as the Microsoft system that is going to be release at the same time. Also from everything I'm reading the Microsoft and Sony systems are going to be basically identical. I guess it only makes sense that the specs would be basically the same since whichever system is weaker seems to be what the programmers write their code for.

I doubt we'll see a price. But, we should see all the tech and if sony is smart, show how the vita works with it and make people want a vita as a object that will add to the ps4 (even if it just works as a controller cuz i can see that new controller costing 100 bucks by itself) and show off some big names for both systems. Vita and ps4.

I think they (and Microsoft) will try to get sales by having a contract option. Buy a PS4 for $199 with a 2 year PS+ contract. Or something along those lines.

[quote name='crunchewy']I think they (and Microsoft) will try to get sales by having a contract option. Buy a PS4 for $199 with a 2 year PS+ contract. Or something along those lines.[/QUOTE]

I'm very much hoping you're right about this. Especially with this economy, people will be much more likely to jump at something like a $200 starting price over $400 or more.

Also a new rumor from a Kotaku source is saying November launch, $429/$529 two sku tentative pricing. It also says most PS4 online features will require a subscription. All that info here

Bleh if anything for $500+ is true it better include an SSD and a year of Plus or something good like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']I'm very much hoping you're right about this. Especially with this economy, people will be much more likely to jump at something like a $200 starting price over $400 or more.

Also a new rumor from a Kotaku source is saying November launch, $429/$529 two sku tentative pricing. It also says most PS4 online features will require a subscription. All that info here

Bleh if anything for $500+ is true it better include an SSD and a year of Plus or something good like that.[/QUOTE]I wonder what would be the difference on the two SKUs. Last time around, the 20GB w/o WiFi and 60GB w/WiFi explained the difference in the SKUs, though what's the motivation this time around? 500GB w/1 month PSN+, 1TB w/1TB PSN+ as the two SKUs?

Also, an SSD would be a nice option on a system like a PS4, though if you're going to spend $80-$100 and get 750GB to 1TB of local HDD storage (at retail prices), you're not going to have a chance to get close to those storage amounts with a SSD.

[quote name='shrike4242']I wonder what would be the difference on the two SKUs. Last time around, the 20GB w/o WiFi and 60GB w/WiFi explained the difference in the SKUs, though what's the motivation this time around? 500GB w/1 month PSN+, 1TB w/1TB PSN+ as the two SKUs?

Also, an SSD would be a nice option on a system like a PS4, though if you're going to spend $80-$100 and get 750GB to 1TB of local HDD storage (at retail prices), you're not going to have a chance to get close to those storage amounts with a SSD.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like it could be right. And yeah personally I'd like an SSD but I don't really know if the performance gains would be worth it for the price difference. And like you said you wouldn't get close to the same storage capacity with an SSD. So honestly I don't think there's a very good chance at all they'll include one in any model until maybe a little later in the life cycle.

Also I don't believe the $429/$529. Things aren't normally priced that way. Someone on Neogaf pointed out it may be a currency conversion thing. Meaning it'd be more like $400/$500 for the two SKUs which makes much more sense imo.

they caught so much flak for the 600 price point for ps3. dont know why they think having it 529 is going to be any different.

also, no way the ps4 controller is going to cost 100 dollars. thats ridiculous.

Wanted to add what I hope they keep from PS3:

- Free online play (this is an absolute must or I would seriously consider going with MS/PC)
- Great variety of exclusives
- Netflix not pay-walled (this is also a must just because it makes me sick that MS charges extra to use it. Don't even think about it Sony).
- Non proprietary HDD
- The value of PS+
- Multiple accounts per system
- Allow used games
- No always online crap
- Game sharing

If they do those things I'm pretty much automatically on board.

And a couple areas they have to fix:

- Their online connection (slow downloads and such. Too many updates. It's just too slow)
- Their store is embarrassing. Xbox blows it away. It's laggy and I can't find anything.
- The browser sucks
- Home sucks (is it even still there? I dont know)
- Do not force gimmicks. They will with their god damn built in move controller and It's going to piss me off when it's thrown in just because.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']As much as I dislike the Xbox360, Microsoft wouldn't be stupid enough to go through with that. I'm sure that in the end everything will work out. I'm not worried about it :) It would be such a bad PR move on their part[/QUOTE]

Right, like imagine if they tried to charge for online - that would also be a bad PR move so no way they do it. Oh.

(For the record, I love my Xbox)

Hardware hardly matters to me. Games do. That is what I'm looking forward to. What games we will be seeing Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, and of course SCE will deliver with this new machine.

Stuff I want:

-Removable 7200 RPM 2.5" HDD (I would prefer a 3.5" drive, but that might make the system too large)
-A matte finish and available in colors other than black or white
-At least 2 Front AND 4 Rear USB 3.0 ports
-Compatibility with external USB HDDs
-12x Blu-Ray Drive or faster
-Ethernet Port
-Compatibility with the DS3
-HDMI 1.4b
-Backwards compatibility of some sort (I would love them forever if it had compatibility with PSOne, PS2, PS3, PSN, PSP titles downloaded off of the PSN and PSV titles, but I doubt this would actually happen)
-A more conventional CPU/GPU
-More RAM than they think they need
-Optimized for Unreal Engine 4 and id Tech 5 out of the gate
-More focus on the PSN Store. Emulate those Steam sales and Humble Indie Bundles!
-Open up Internet Channels. Steal Roku's model!
-No region locks for physical PS4 games or on the PSN

[quote name='KillerRamen']Stuff I want:

-Removable 7200 RPM 2.5" HDD (I would prefer a 3.5" drive, but that might make the system too large)
-A matte finish and available in colors other than black or white
-At least 2 Front AND 4 Rear USB 3.0 ports
-Compatibility with external USB HDDs
-12x Blu-Ray Drive or faster
-Ethernet Port
-Compatibility with the DS3
-HDMI 1.4b
-Backwards compatibility of some sort (I would love them forever if it had compatibility with PSOne, PS2, PS3, PSN, PSP titles downloaded off of the PSN and PSV titles, but I doubt this would actually happen)
-A more conventional CPU/GPU
-More RAM than they think they need
-Optimized for Unreal Engine 4 and id Tech 5 out of the gate
-More focus on the PSN Store. Emulate those Steam sales and Humble Indie Bundles!
-Open up Internet Channels. Steal Roku's model!
-No region locks for physical PS4 games or on the PSN[/QUOTE]

Good list. I forgot about region locking, and compatibility with the DS3 would be great.

[quote name='Buried On Mars']Hardware hardly matters to me. Games do. That is what I'm looking forward to. What games we will be seeing Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, and of course SCE will deliver with this new machine.[/QUOTE]

insomniac is too busy with Fuse and going multiplatform.

Man... I'm getting anxious. The PS3 was arguably my favorite system this gen so I'm definitely looking forward to tonight.

But I'm also worried that Sony's hyping this up to be nothing (ie, they only show the most basic details that's already been revealed) or that there will be some really stupid anti-features.

[quote name='crunchewy']Right, like imagine if they tried to charge for online - that would also be a bad PR move so no way they do it. Oh.

(For the record, I love my Xbox)[/QUOTE]

I'd happily pay more for PSN/PS+ if they improve the slow ass network and crappy interface. Finding anything in the store is a pain, background downloads should happen automatically on shutdown rather than having to check a box every time etc.

I like my PS3 a lot, but everything about the online experience and interface is clunky as shit compared to the 360 dashboard and market place and Xbox Live. So I really hope they improve some of that stuff.

They need to have party chat like the 360 does. I would love to be able to talk to friends while playing different games. Or to be able to play Black ops while talking on a private channel. It just doesn't make sense that they haven't done this.

Yeah, that too. I like party chat a lot for both of those reasons. Especially the second as I want to talk to my friends when gaming but have no interest in hearing the randoms.

bread's done
Back