Fullmetal Alchemist - Brotherhood Movie Bluray/DVD $12.99 @ BB/AMZ

Thank you. Bought both collections. Gave me a chance to use the credit I acquired from the 50/10 gift card deal and it's a perfect fit for the current RZ deal.

Received both collections from BB today (really fast shipping). Collection 1 came with a slipcover, but collection 2 didn't. Sent BB an email asking if they have an extra slipcover. I doubt they do but would be nice.

Both collections are now backordered on BB. The Amazon price for collection 2 is back up, while collection 1 is still at $16.99 and temporarily oos.

[quote name='lilman']Received both collections from BB today (really fast shipping). Collection 1 came with a slipcover, but collection 2 didn't. Sent BB an email asking if they have an extra slipcover. I doubt they do but would be nice.

Both collections are now backordered on BB. The Amazon price for collection 2 is back up, while collection 1 is still at $16.99 and temporarily oos.[/QUOTE]

Well that's good to hear that it comes with a slipcover but sucks that the collection I was gonna buy on amazon is the one that goes back to regular price. Did you guys still think collection 2 will be $17 next week?

I think it will go back to normal price on Tuesday. Otherwise, its better to it now and try to deal with the backorder. Even if it gets cancelled, wouldn't you most likely be compensated?

[quote name='Olengie']I think it will go back to normal price on Tuesday. Otherwise, its better to it now and try to deal with the backorder. Even if it gets cancelled, wouldn't you most likely be compensated?[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks. I placed an order for the second collection on BB after using another $5 RZ coupon. $26 for the entire series is good (if my second order does ship).

Also Amazon is no longer pm'ing the BB prices of both collections.

Gosh, FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood releases are very confusing..

I got the part 1,2,3,4 and 5 last year and now, we got Collection 1 and 2.

What's the difference these two??

[quote name='cagfansub']Gosh, FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood releases are very confusing..

I got the part 1,2,3,4 and 5 last year and now, we got Collection 1 and 2.

What's the difference these two??[/QUOTE]

More episodes on fewer discs.

EDIT: Sorry, that is the Blu-ray versions. I think the Collections are still 5 discs each.

I got both of the collections on blu ray for $29.99 each back in October so this is a great deal for the DVDs.
Great series too, I own both the original series and Brotherhood now and i have to say that brotherhood was loads better with a more satisfying ending.

For anyone that cares: the movie looks really great in bluray. Not quite up to the standards of something like The Lion King but better then the regular FMA in blu. Some of the effects later in the film really pop, definitely one of the better anime transfers I've seen.

The Prices work in store as well. I just went to Best Buy and they had it out on the floor. It also said that the Price will stay till April. However, I'm not sure if I should believe that or not.

My local BB had one copy of Collection 2 and it had a slipcase (albeit a bit beat up), so I picked it up and will return my online copy that didn't come with a case. They also had two copies of Collection 1 and a copy of the movie. The $16.99 price tags were out so I'm sure these will be gone soon.

Hate to bump this, but for anyone that ordered Collection 1 to ship to their home, did the item get backordered. I bought both collections, but collection 2 was the only one I got (Funny thing is that I ordered it a day after collection 1). Also after checkin the BB website, collection 1 is gone.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Hate to bump this, but for anyone that ordered Collection 1 to ship to their home, did the item get backordered. I bought both collections, but collection 2 was the only one I got (Funny thing is that I ordered it a day after collection 1). Also after checkin the BB website, collection 1 is gone.[/QUOTE]

I received my collection 2 today, and just got an email that said that if they weren't able to get collection 1 back in stock by April 3rd they would cancel my order. Hopefully they'll have more on the way because that would suck to have to pay full price for the first collection.

[quote name='Earthworm401']I received my collection 2 today, and just got an email that said that if they weren't able to get collection 1 back in stock by April 3rd they would cancel my order. Hopefully they'll have more on the way because that would suck to have to pay full price for the first collection.[/QUOTE]

the same happened to me. still waiting on collection 1

They cancelled my order on the 1st Set, but since the link is still available, I went ahead and reordered it again. Here's hoping they finally get their restock in on this. I might need to check online to see if I can find it in a store somewhere in their district so that I can try to get them to ship it to my local store instead....

I think it's interesting that the Blu-Ray collection 1 is $30 cheaper than the DVD on Amazon now. That is what is keeping me from buying DVD collection 2 and hoping for the best. I'd love to see Blu-Ray/DVD combo packs for FMA, but I'm sure licensing restrictions/costs and the overall popularity of the series are among the factors keeping the sets separate.

It is moreso popularity than anything else. FUNination knows it will be a top seller, so there's no need for combo packs.

Pretty great price on these.

I have the 5 individual packs, so despite the price don't really need to order them haha.

Now only they would release Steins;Gate in a complete collection :)

[quote name='3GSid']Pretty great price on these.

I have the 5 individual packs, so despite the price don't really need to order them haha.

Now only they would release Steins;Gate in a complete collection :)[/QUOTE]

Knowing Funimation. They'll probably do that later this year. Or the next.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']They cancelled my order on the 1st Set, but since the link is still available, I went ahead and reordered it again. Here's hoping they finally get their restock in on this. I might need to check online to see if I can find it in a store somewhere in their district so that I can try to get them to ship it to my local store instead....[/QUOTE]

Keep us (really me) updated if that if re-ordered collection actually ships. I have until the end of tomorrow for my original placement to ship or else it's getting cancelled. I used a $5 RZ coupon on the dvd, so if it get's cancelled do I get back the points or do I have to call BB in order to get it back?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Keep us (really me) updated if that if re-ordered collection actually ships. I have until the end of tomorrow for my original placement to ship or else it's getting cancelled. I used a $5 RZ coupon on the dvd, so if it get's cancelled do I get back the points or do I have to call BB in order to get it back?[/QUOTE]

Still no word from them yet. The nearest best buy is almost an hour away so I guess if it cancels I'll end up buying the first season on blu-ray from amazon.

Edit: Rofl, I have no idea why I though you were talking to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Earthworm401']Still no word from them yet. The nearest best buy is almost an hour away so I guess if it cancels I'll end up buying the first season on blu-ray from amazon.

Edit: Rofl, I have no idea why I though you were talking to me.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it. I would do the same thing but I don't want to drop $25+ for collection 1. My original order got canned this morning, so I just placed another shipment. I really want to start watching the series. It sucks looking at my collection 2 dvd and not being able to watch it.:cry: Oh well I guess JL Unlimited on Netflix will keep me busy for now. :D

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Want the blu ray. Hopefully goes down to around the $20 range[/QUOTE]

Black Friday, maybe. FUNi probably won't make an Anime Classics version for a long while. Lowest I have seen was about $28.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']Lucky you! Did they restock?[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of, I just happened to check a bestbuy that I don't frequent too often since I was in the area and they had 1 left!

Since this is TV anime, wondering if anyone notice any big difference between BluRay and DVD version (picture quality-wise).

Well my bestbuy seemed to restock these or something because they didnt have collection 2 before and now they had a few there. Looked like they had collection one but it wasen't there.

Yes, my trip to BestBuy today proved a probable re-stock on the FMA:B season sets (2 each) b/c they weren't there earlier this week.

[quote name='cagfansub']Since this is TV anime, wondering if anyone notice any big difference between BluRay and DVD version (picture quality-wise).[/QUOTE]

I feel like there is a noticeable difference. I have both collections. But its not huge FMA brotherhood was made in 540p barely better than dvd quality. The difference is there but hardly noticeable for the price difference currently.

I saw this in both SD and HD on Netflix, and there's definitely a noticeable differences between them. I imagine it's even more pronounced with Blu-ray.

Now on my 3rd backorder of the 1st Collection. I don't really mind them cancelling and having to reorder as they have been sending a $10 off any BB.com purchase each time they cancel :D

I'm doing a road trip up to the Bay Area this weekend to play Monster Hunter at Capcom HQ, so hopefully I can find this on my travels this weekend *crosses fingers*

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Now on my 3rd backorder of the 1st Collection. I don't really mind them cancelling and having to reorder as they have been sending a $10 off any BB.com purchase each time they cancel :D

I'm doing a road trip up to the Bay Area this weekend to play Monster Hunter at Capcom HQ, so hopefully I can find this on my travels this weekend *crosses fingers*[/QUOTE]

Ha :lol:, me too. I really don't want to push my luck and order it a 3rd time. If anyone can post how to pm this to amazon that would be great. Amazon did have collection 1 for $17 for all but 1 day. If anything I might reorder in a week.

bread's done
Back