Wii U Pro Controller $18.00 @ Walmart (YMMV)

Jerms510

CAG Veteran
I was browsing in the video games section when I came across the Wii U accessories. Then I saw the red sticker that indicated that the Wii U pro controller is on sale for $18.00. I couldn't believe my eyes! I've already bought the two units that the store offered so no more in the San Leandro, CA Hesperian Walmart.

[quote name='Edzo04']i see no reason to own the pro controller but that is a crazy good price.[/QUOTE]

You would not be saying that if you owned COD BLOPS II or Ninja Gaiden 3. Absolute necessity to have the pro controller for both games.

I play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate using the pro controller.

I will feel more comfortable playing heavy wear and tear games on the pad when it become available for purchase independently.

[quote name='Chlorox']You would not be saying that if you owned COD BLOPS II or Ninja Gaiden 3. Absolute necessity to have the pro controller for both games.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Call of Duty games work great with Wii Remote set ups and the GamePad is pretty good.

But yeah, the Pro Controller U might be a specific store clearance sale.

[quote name='wasabi5858']I play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate using the pro controller.

I will feel more comfortable playing heavy wear and tear games on the pad when it become available for purchase independently.[/QUOTE]

I really hope the question is when and not if. I'd love to see Nyko or MadCatz's take on the pad as well.

[quote name='Chlorox']You would not be saying that if you owned COD BLOPS II or Ninja Gaiden 3. Absolute necessity to have the pro controller for both games.[/QUOTE]

CoD is better with Wiimote + Nunchuk

And Game Pad is fine for Ninja Gaiden

Only reason I see to get a Pro Controller is the much longer battery life

[quote name='Japakneez']Doesn't red sticker mean clearance? Hope it's available at my local store for that price[/QUOTE]
Not always. Sometimes they are things that don't have a shelf location anymore or dissimilar products that were cross-referenced in the database... or sometimes even a lazy employee who didn't want to change the tape in the portable printer.
If I recall correctly, the way to identify clearance at WalMart is when it ends in $x.00, in this case $18.00.

Nothing here. I wonder if that was meant to be the Wii Classic controller on clearance for $18 and someone hung the Pro on the wrong peghook. Did it ring up at $18 or was an override necessary?

Something is really off if Walmart is clearancing out a controller for a brand new console. This makes no sense. It's a great deal though.

[quote name='SackAttack']Nothing here. I wonder if that was meant to be the Wii Classic controller on clearance for $18 and someone hung the Pro on the wrong peghook. Did it ring up at $18 or was an override necessary?[/QUOTE]

Nope. The tag was clearly for the Wii U Pro Controller. No override was necessary. I just got really lucky, I guess.. Like I said on an earlier post, I'd attach a pic but the system won't let me.

[quote name='Jerms510']
Yi5lJlf.jpg

sHYndua.jpg
[/QUOTE]

There you go.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I looked at my local Walmart no go. Would of been nice. Just got my Wii U (basic) with NSMB U off Craigslist for $140. :p[/QUOTE]
Did you really? Shit, I'd jump on that. Guess it's time to watch Craigslist.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Did you really? Shit, I'd jump on that. Guess it's time to watch Craigslist.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i check my local one everyday I have it bookmarked. I also found a 3DS last year for $50. Now that said I check it everyday as mentioned and I have for over a year and those are really the only two great finds worth mentioning.

I see the ad call the guy up to his house and he was this humongous biker guy. If he wanted to he could of demanded the money without giving me anything in return. But he was cool he said gamestop was only offering $120 so he sold it on there to get a little more. That's fine with me.

[quote name='Jerms510']I was browsing in the video games section when I came across the Wii U accessories. Then I saw the red sticker that indicated that the Wii U pro controller is on sale for $18.00. I couldn't believe my eyes! I've already bought the two units that the store offered so no more in the San Leandro, CA Hesperian Walmart.[/QUOTE]

damn I was gonna go to that one lol

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']damn I was gonna go to that one lol[/QUOTE]

Lol.. My bad, man. I wonder if they have more stock in the back.

I wonder why these are being clearanced out... It's possible Nintendo is discontinuing these and adding analog trigger instead of digital ones. That would be awesome if it were the case, and I Would rather pay $50 for analog triggers than $18 for the current digital ones.

[quote name='kingotnw']I wonder why these are being clearanced out... It's possible Nintendo is discontinuing these and adding analog trigger instead of digital ones. That would be awesome if it were the case, and I Would rather pay $50 for analog triggers than $18 for the current digital ones.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it was for the simple fact that when the Wii U was in demand, all the accessories were scarce.

I know I had a hard time finding a pro controller back then.

Someone simply over ordered expecting the demand to keep up.

Still shocking to see such a price drop at Wally World.

My Wal-Mart's clearance is laughable.

The section looks like it has been ravaged by zombies yet something that costs $70, they will have a red sticker on it for $68.96. And I'm not kidding.

[quote name='maximumzero']I want a Pro Controller just to eliminate the wear and tear on the Gamepad.[/QUOTE]

That was my reasoning also. For stuff like BLOPS2 multiplayer, the gamepad doesn't really offer a whole lot of extra functionality, so I'd rather just use the Pro controller.

I'd bet on human error and that someone entered it into the computer wrong, $18 clearance at Walmart is usually a $20 item which would be in line with the Wii Classic Controller Pro.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I'd bet on human error and that someone entered it into the computer wrong, $18 clearance at Walmart is usually a $20 item which would be in line with the Wii Classic Controller Pro.[/QUOTE]

This. Someone messed up big time.

I checked a few today, and no luck. I did, however, get a ticket for being on my phone for all of 5 seconds in a construction zone. Lose lose for me.

[quote name='sp00ge']http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-Hands-Free-Mic-Cable/dp/B003DPPYKK

I've been using one of these for over a year. I haven't had a single complaint about the other person not being able to hear me either.[/QUOTE]
That looks pretty awesome. Seems really easy to use too. Shame I didn't have this earlier today lol! A state cop on a bike nailed me as I was getting off the phone going in to a work zone (where no one was even at because it was lunch time). Oh well, enough of my ranting.

Thanks for the heads up! I have a feeling I'll be ordering this in the next few minutes.

Both the black and white controllers are marked as discontinued at my local Walmart (central NJ), but the price hasn't been adjusted yet. The employee said that it will likely be updated in the next day or two. Hope I don't miss it!

[quote name='ebaymarcaro']Both the black and white controllers are marked as discontinued at my local Walmart (central NJ), but the price hasn't been adjusted yet. The employee said that it will likely be updated in the next day or two. Hope I don't miss it![/QUOTE]

What Walmart in central jersey are you talking about ?

Gonna check my store tomorrow, already got a Classic Controller Pro which works well in Monster Hunter, but I have a feeling one of these would feel better in my hands for long periods. (That and constantly having to sit my Wiimote somewhere nearby)

Just not a fan of how they put the buttons under the right joystick...

[quote name='joeydude0715']What Walmart in central jersey are you talking about ?[/QUOTE]

The walmart on Route 1 south of Princeton. It's in the quakerbridge mall. If you go, let me know if they've been marked down yet.... and save me one :)

bread's done
Back