Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (360) 95.03 @ Amazon (price lowered)

I'm biting now. I've got $19.XX in credit, which takes it down to $44 for me. I also found someone who wants SF III 3rd Strike Online for $5. If I can find someone to take the SF II HD Remix code off my hands for $5, then I will come out with a nice set for $34.XX.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']What was its lowest price before this?[/QUOTE]

I believe this is the lowest price. Thanks OP I ordered one!

Gah I think I am going to have to bite on this...

EDIT: Bought one. That was the right price for this and I am very thankful I didn't pull the trigger yesterday when it was like $71 or something like that. Glad I waited. Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EYEL1NER']I'm biting now. I've got $19.XX in credit, which takes it down to $44 for me. I also found someone who wants SF III 3rd Strike Online for $5. If I can find someone to take the SF II HD Remix code off my hands for $5, then I will come out with a nice set for $34.XX.[/QUOTE]

If this is anything like the PS3 set, you get one DLC code that unlocks everything, not seperate codes for each game.

[quote name='robdog112']If this is anything like the PS3 set, you get one DLC code that unlocks everything, not seperate codes for each game.[/QUOTE]

the 360 version is multiple codes instead of a universal code. Also it doesn't come with the Alpha series like the PS3 one does.

[quote name='Chedeng88']50 is my magic number. And by the way things are going, it sounds like it's just on the horizon.[/QUOTE]

So much for your horizon.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']So much for your horizon.[/QUOTE]

The horizon just got a wee bit further lol. But it will inevitably reach that price point, and I have time to wait it out. I'm not in a hurry to own this set. :)

It was really at $64? Wow. If it only dropped to this price a few days ago, I would have been all over it.

[quote name='Draknight']the 360 version is multiple codes instead of a universal code.[/QUOTE]
It does? Well guess I have a HD Remix and Third Strike codes to trade now since I already have those. :D

I ended up missing it @ $64, but with tax from Amazon it would have been $70ish anyways, so I just got it from Newegg and used the $10 off promotion.

Question: Exactly what costume dlcs are included? Does anyone have a list? I'm pretty sure the Alternate costume packs for SFxT aren't included.

I'd speculate that they noticed the increased interest so they shot it back up. I personally think $60 is the lowest this'll go for 360, it's a shame that the PS3 version is still so ridiculously high simply because of the inclusion of the Alpha games & the better version of SFxT.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I ended up missing it @ $64, but with tax from Amazon it would have been $70ish anyways, so I just got it from Newegg and used the $10 off promotion.

Question: Exactly what costume dlcs are included? Does anyone have a list? I'm pretty sure the Alternate costume packs for SFxT aren't included.

I'd speculate that they noticed the increased interest so they shot it back up. I personally think $60 is the lowest this'll go for 360, it's a shame that the PS3 version is still so ridiculously high simply because of the inclusion of the Alpha games & the better version of SFxT.[/QUOTE]
IIRC, it has all four costume packs for AE and the two swap costume packs for SFxT.

What's better about the PS3 version of SFxT?

So it has the alternate costumes for SFIV, the Super costumes, the Ultra costumes and the Alternates for the DLC characters?

And afaik, the PS3 version came with 5 extra characters:

Mega Man, Pac-Man, Toro, Kuro and Cole.

The inclusion of Mega Man alone is enough to call it the superior version. :(

[quote name='Lemstar']What's better about the PS3 version of SFxT?[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming the local 2v2 (I don't know if its been added to 360 yet, I know at launch it wasn't) & the PS3 controller is better for fighters.

Got damn, got a email from Amazon. Mines will be here tomorrow! Prime ftw! =)

[quote name='Lemstar']IIRC, it has all four costume packs for AE and the two swap costume packs for SFxT.

What's better about the PS3 version of SFxT?[/QUOTE]

For SF x Tekken:
Two people can be in the same place and then play another 2-person team online. On 360, all 4 players must be online, no teaming up locally to play other teams online.

5 extra characters

Default controller on PS3 is better for fighting games but if you're a big fan of fighting games you will probably have either a fightpad or fightstick. If you're a serious player, the EVO fighting game championships are always played on PS3.

For the collection:
The PS3 version has download codes for all the PS1 SF Alpha games (PS1 classics) and a bunch of SF gamerpics.

[quote name='solidus_00']It was really at $64? Wow. If it only dropped to this price a few days ago, I would have been all over it.

It does? Well guess I have a HD Remix and Third Strike codes to trade now since I already have those. :D[/QUOTE]

You will get a slip of paper and a website to put the code in, and once you do, you get seperate XBox 5x5 DLC codes for each DLC in the package.

Wow, I would have never thought that the PS3 version had everything bundled together.
That sucks for people who already owned some of the digital content and wanted to piece some of it out.
I managed to get lucky and line up buyers for both of my codes, so this will have only set me back $35 after all is said and done.

About a week or so ago these were on AWD for ~$52 in LN condition. I ordered 2 and received them a few days ago and they were both sealed (the chest was sealed, the Xbox cardboard shell was a bit damaged)!

So just a heads up.. keep your eye out for a few possibly showing up on AWD. ;)

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']About a week or so ago these were on AWD for ~$52 in LN condition. I ordered 2 and received them a few days ago and they were both sealed (the chest was sealed, the Xbox cardboard shell was a bit damaged)!

So just a heads up.. keep your eye out for a few possibly showing up on AWD. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ha. You probably got one of mine. I received a few of them with torn/obviously bent cardboard covers. I actually wanted mine to keep as a collector's item so they arrived unacceptable to me. I had to send back several just to get a clean new one.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']About a week or so ago these were on AWD for ~$52 in LN condition. I ordered 2 and received them a few days ago and they were both sealed (the chest was sealed, the Xbox cardboard shell was a bit damaged)!

So just a heads up.. keep your eye out for a few possibly showing up on AWD. ;)[/QUOTE]
I was checking for a while, but I felt like I couldn't take the risk on it.
If I was in the states I might have ordered one and returned it if it was in bad shape, but being where I am just left me not wanting to deal with it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You will get a slip of paper and a website to put the code in, and once you do, you get seperate XBox 5x5 DLC codes for each DLC in the package.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I picked a voucher for the PS3 a while ago since I thats my SF x Tekken platform and wanted all the PS1 & PSP games. It was a single code for everything so I thought the Xbox side was the same.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Wow, I would have never thought that the PS3 version had everything bundled together.
That sucks for people who already owned some of the digital content and wanted to piece some of it out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and for those who don't give a dam about the avatar junk. If I had the choice I wouldn't have redeemed those. Now I have to waid through like 15+ download pages of avatar crap because each one is a separate individual download. :headache:

I own SSF2 HD, SF3 TS and SF4AE. I keep trying to tell myself to buy this for the SF IV costumes and X Tekken, but not sure the soundtracks, art book and documentary are worth the rest of the purchase to me. The statue is also cool. Feel like I should own this being a fan since SF2 hit the arcade. I played Street Fighter in the arcade before 2 was released but that was horrible. Lol

[quote name='Hardware']I own SSF2 HD, SF3 TS and SF4AE. I keep trying to tell myself to buy this for the SF IV costumes and X Tekken, but not sure the soundtracks, art book and documentary are worth the rest of the purchase to me. The statue is also cool. Feel like I should own this being a fan since SF2 hit the arcade. I played Street Fighter in the arcade before 2 was released but that was horrible. Lol[/QUOTE]

You forgot the Blu-Ray not only has the documentary but both SFIV anime movies(the second one only available in the US on this set), and the SF2 Anime movie......it also has the horrible US cartoon series and deserves to burn to ash, but I'm trying to sell you on it not gouge out your eyes :lol:

Look at it this way even with the current sale on the costume DLC your still going to play about 32 bucks or so just for all the costume DLC just for SFIVAE. Take that amount out of the price of the set currently is and is the rest of the stuff worth 40 more bucks to you.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You will get a slip of paper and a website to put the code in, and once you do, you get seperate XBox 5x5 DLC codes for each DLC in the package.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info

bread's done
Back