Buyer returned BRAND NEW GAME with scratched Disc

postaboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Hello what are the chances a brand new game disc came with a circular scratch like that? Game was brand new/factory sealed and a very rare game (NCAA BASKETBALL 2010) too. Buyer returned game saying the game was defective. I'm assuming the buyer's 360 is faulty and made a circular scratched around the edge of the disc. Sorry I never witness this kind of problem before on my 360. Thanks.

imag0972.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, the classic buy, switch, and return scam. Sorry to say but there's not much you can do. You can try going the whole mail fraud route, although, in this case I think it would be very difficult to prove he committed fraud.

At the very least you should post his ebay name on here so that other sellers may add him to their blocked-buyer-list.

Report it to eBay, they have some sort of seller protection thing going on now. It's not the same item you sent, so try that. On top of it, you did send out was factory sealed and you did not get the factory sealed game back...might be able to fight a decent fight.

That sucks, I agree with,

[quote name='burritoman']Report it to eBay, they have some sort of seller protection thing going on now. It's not the same item you sent, so try that. On top of it, you did send out was factory sealed and you did not get the factory sealed game back...might be able to fight a decent fight.[/QUOTE]

Would definitely like to have his ebay name. Thats really screwed up. However, i have bought a game factory sealed from Walmart, and there not even be a game in it. NOW, i open everything at the checkout.

Like others said, please post the eBay user ID.

He returned an old (broken) copy to you to scam you out of the new game.

my dad is a lawyer if ur in md i can help u give me a pm with ur name adres and phone and we can help u with this mai lfraud scam case if itw as over $100

factory sealed. he moved the 360 whilst operating, hence the ring. that disc is done but your case might not be.

Sorry for the late response. I was afraid of getting a negative feedback (little feedback on Amazon, one feedback will f me up) so I ended up refunding the buyer and just sucked it up. Good thing I only paid $15 for it from Walmart a year ago. All I did was report the order as suspicious to Amazon, that way it would help alert Amazon to watch this buyer's future transactions. Anyway thanks for the advice and help.

Buyer address info:

removed

Why remove that info if that person (allegedly) pulled the scam? It should also be posted to the blocked bidders thread here as well as the scammer thread here.

[quote name='karkyco']Why remove that info if that person (allegedly) pulled the scam? It should also be posted to the blocked bidders thread here as well as the scammer thread here.[/QUOTE]

Because you can't post people's personal information without their permission, even if that information is avilable in the public domain.

Unfortunately, there's no way to ID buyers on Amazon since they don't have user IDs. And because this is Amazon, OP would have been screwed either way. I stay far, far away from the Amazon Marketplace as a seller.

It's possible that someone bought the game, did the flip, re-sealed the package, and returned it to Walmart before postaboy bought it. They thought it was sealed so they put it back on the rack to be re-sold. Or an employee could have done it. It's happened where I've bought something sealed from Best Buy in store and from wbshop.com online and upon opening the blu-ray, saw a lovely blank cd-r in it instead of the blu-ray disc.

If you have a Family Video by you, we have a buffing and resurfacing machine that takes those rings out of the disc no problem. Costs $2.99.

bread's done
Back