Spec Ops: The Line and The Darkness II PC [Steam] Bundle $3.99 @ Gamefly

Great deal. I playing Spec Ops right now the story is interesting and different enough to keep you playing but the gameplay itself is a sloppy Gears style cover system. Can't comment on darkness 2 as I never played it.

[quote name='Okatha']Is it two separate codes or one single code to redeem both games?[/QUOTE]Got two separate codes

Gonna pick this up.
Have yet to play Darkness I as it is still in my backlog but it's something I definitely want to get into soon.
Only heard of Spec Ops before but after watching a review seems like something I would play: a decent shooter with an immersive story which involves making heavy crucial decisions, something really rare in most army based shooters I've seen. I don't usually buy those types of games aside from BF but Spec Ops definitely seems interesting.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Worth it for Darkness 2 alone.

Spec Ops is ok, the story is extremely overrated though.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this point!

I'm thinking about buying it this. I already finished the Darkness II during a free rental, but wouldn't mind owning a copy since it's this cheap. Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='kidrocklive']Anybody want to split this and take spec ops? I have it and just want darkness 2.[/QUOTE]
I would split it with you. I just want Spec Ops since I have already played Darkness II.

Got in here too late. Anyone that is going to buy the bundle and only want Darkness 2 would like to sell me Spec Ops for $2(I can't buy since it's restricted here)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh now i have to re-install the shitty gamefly app just to get my keys and then uninstall again. :cry:

amazing deal and of course im going to do it. The deal is just too good not to. But why does Gamefly/Gamestop force you to download their shitty software just to get the key? Every other site either emails it or gives it to you after you order on the site.

[quote name='styl3s']Ugh now i have to re-install the shitty gamefly app just to get my keys and then uninstall again. :cry:[/QUOTE]

My keys came in an e-mail titled "GameFly Order Status Update." There's a column in the download summary section that will give you your keys that you can put directly into steam :)

[quote name='jacobeid']My keys came in an e-mail titled "GameFly Order Status Update." There's a column in the download summary section that will give you your keys that you can put directly into steam :)[/QUOTE]
I don't need to download their shitty app? oh my god :bouncy:

I wish GF was more direct with that, they always say "download now to get keys". Now i never have to install this piece of hot garbage ever again.

[quote name='styl3s']I don't need to download their shitty app? oh my god :bouncy:

I wish GF was more direct with that, they always say "download now to get keys". Now i never have to install this piece of hot garbage ever again.[/QUOTE]

For Steam products you never have to use the GF app. The keys are listed in your order history.

[quote name='Slermy']Showing up for $4.99 for me as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='THE THIRD LINE OF THE FIRST POST']
Use Code: GFDAPR20
[/QUOTE]

BigSpoonyBard: Doing your reading for you since right now.

I can't seem to find the information anywhere but are the Bioshock games direct downloads from Gamefly or do they come in as Steam codes like Darkness II/Spec Ops did?

[quote name='kingkongcompany']I already have Spec Ops, here's a free code for anyone who wants it. Enjoy!

N93D7-87AQ4-W0X5A[/QUOTE]

looks like someone already took it.

Hmm... got the Spec Ops/Darkness II bundle along with the Bioshock 1/2 bundle (with coupon). Order is under review... Is that normal with Gamefly?

[quote name='dumlaox']I can't seem to find the information anywhere but are the Bioshock games direct downloads from Gamefly or do they come in as Steam codes like Darkness II/Spec Ops did?[/QUOTE]

*For System Requirements, please see the individual information page for each Title.

Looks like Bioshock and Bioshock 2 are not Steam keys. Spec Ops, Darkness II, Borderlands 2, and X-Com EU are Steam Keys.

Just bought these...but it wants me to launch the Gamefly client to play them. How do I get the Steam keys?

[quote name='gldoorii']Just bought these...but it wants me to launch the Gamefly client to play them. How do I get the Steam keys?[/QUOTE]

You don't need it, once you pay you should receive an email shortly containing your keys. You can also find your keys via the "Purchase History". Just give it a few minutes, the keys should show up soon.

[quote name='drought1']Hmm... got the Spec Ops/Darkness II bundle along with the Bioshock 1/2 bundle (with coupon). Order is under review... Is that normal with Gamefly?[/QUOTE]

Was it your 1st digital order with them?

[quote name='clonesniper666']Was it your 1st digital order with them?[/QUOTE]

Nah, got Guild Wars 2 from them some time ago. But it had been awhile.

[quote name='drought1']Nah, got Guild Wars 2 from them some time ago. But it had been awhile.[/QUOTE]

Weird I was gonna say if it was your 1st digital order that would explain it but that is strange.

Great price if you haven't played the games. I enjoyed The Darkness II more than Spec Ops, which is a fresh take on the shooter genre, but tries too hard to be "different", leaving many plot holes.

Want: Darkness II
Have: Paypal

Pm me if you just bought the bundle for spec ops :)

Edit - bought

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']Great price if you haven't played the games. I enjoyed The Darkness II more than Spec Ops, which is a fresh take on the shooter genre, but tries too hard to be "different", leaving many plot holes.[/QUOTE]
Eh, that depends on your own perspective about
what is actually happening
during the Spec Ops campaign.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Eh, that depends on your own perspective about
what is actually happening
during the Spec Ops campaign.[/QUOTE]
I know, but
I have mapped out all possible endings, and each one of them have obvious plotholes. It's not like many similar well-written books, where both explanations make sense. In Spec Ops none of the explanations can be logically justified, it's kind of like Lost, where they throw you bunch of questions that cannot be explained in the end either way and wraps up the entire story line in a hurry, it's frustrating as hell.

[quote name='TooPoor']I know, but
I have mapped out all possible endings, and each one of them have obvious plotholes. It's not like many similar well-written books, where both explanations make sense. In Spec Ops none of the explanations can be logically justified, it's kind of like Lost, where they throw you bunch of questions that cannot be explained in the end either way and wraps up the entire story line in a hurry, it's frustrating as hell.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah and
it's april fools

Well, I guess they just wanted to confirm credit card info, etc,etc,etc. In any case, cant wait to give em a play! (and indeed, Spec and Dark 2 are steam, bio 1/2 are not). Still, $7.98 for all 4 games is a helluva deal.

[quote name='TooPoor']I know, but
[/QUOTE]

Is there a link to an explanation of them all. I'd like to read about those plotholes. Only one somebody brought up to me was the dialogue and how they didn't tell or question Walker, but
the flashback to the corpse choice showed that when Lugo and Adams were discussing it, Konrad's voice was covering it up for Walker. And Walker basically told them to shut it every time they tried questioning him about it.

Not saying there aren't though. I didn't even catch the plotholes in Heavy Rain. Somebody had to explain them to me.

^Heavy rain was better,
but still not without. But for me I can "understand" the plotholes in Heavy Rain, they were placed there on purpose to make you think that Ethan is the killer, and actually the developers said themselves they are logically not explainable, it is up to the players to imagine.

As for Spec Ops, we can perhaps discuss off thread sometime. There is a forum with extended discussions, I will pm you the link if I can find it.

Spec Ops is one of the greatest shooters I have ever played, Anybody remotely interested needs to pick it up at this price!

As for plotholes..
You are insane anyway, so it's fitting that things aren't going to make sense 100%. The developers intended that no matter what ending you get, you never leave Dubai, where you die is debatable, but the helicopter crash is the most obvious point. They discussed it in a video I saw a while back.

Spec Ops is awesome, and everyone should really pick it up! One of the best stories IMO this gen, and I really liked the shooting. Sure the choices are a bit arbitrary, but if you read into the story it's actually pretty amazin:bouncy: Definitely worth the $4 bucks!

bread's done
Back