Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon for 12 bucks at Gamefly

Even buying the game from Steam just results in Steam starting Uplay to start the game. That's what happened when I bought Far Cry 3 from Steam.

EH, you only save $3 from the Steam version. Plus the Steam preorder gives you the soundtrack - which is going to be awesome, about 20+ tracks I think.

[quote name='Baldur']EH, you only save $3 from the Steam version. Plus the Steam preorder gives you the soundtrack - which is going to be awesome, about 20+ tracks I think.[/QUOTE]

The $12 GFly preorder gives you the soundtrack as well.

[quote name='atheistatic']Ah never bought a ubisoft game on pc... Never heard of uplay...
Does FarCry 3 not have steam achievements?[/QUOTE]

Ubi games do not have Steam Achievements or any form of steamworks. Ubi games have their own form of achievements and point system.

If you don't mind getting it from the trade forum, expect Uplay keys for this at less than $12 when they get released for that AMD promotion.

Hate to be a dick here, but Ubi is kinda being a dick by undercutting steam to push Uplay dependence with a much smaller userbase.

[quote name='ojaybaby']Hate to be a dick here, but Ubi is kinda being a dick by undercutting steam to push Uplay dependence with a much smaller userbase.[/QUOTE]
I don't see where Ubisoft is "being a dick" to use their own platform with their games. Are there versions of Portal, TF2 or L4D2 that don't use Steam?

[quote name='ojaybaby']Hate to be a dick here, but Ubi is kinda being a dick by undercutting steam to push Uplay dependence with a much smaller userbase.[/QUOTE]

If you had your own AAA company, would you push the game onto your own platform (like UPlay)?
Hell, I would - since that'd be money in ALL of their pockets.
A dime wouldn't go to Valve.

Ubi's smart - there's Steam-versions out there to buy; and U-Play versions to buy.
Go find and buy the one you want.
Everybody wins w/ that kind of attitude (i.e. put my game everywhere!).
{shrug}

Personally, I like to keep my number of DRM's layers down. I don't want to deal w/ say UPlay-Lite and Steam DRM in Steam-version.
I'd rather just deal w/ flat-out UPlay only.

Nothing is more annoying than buying a Rockstar game on Steam. Steam DRM + RSC + G4WL + Securom on both GTA4 & EFLC for its Steam-version is ANNOYING.

How is Ubisoft undercutting Steam?

Ugh can we not turn this into a preferred platform debate? People have their reasons for liking whatever. It's never going to be a perfect world because simply put game companies are just that, companies - out to make money. Fin.

who cares if they undercut steam? it's their game and they can offer it however they choose... so many entitled people on this forum...

[quote name='havuk']who cares if they undercut steam? it's their game and they can offer it however they choose...[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I do think it's best that to hit each market, Ubi puts their games up w/ a Non-Steam version (that'll use U-Play only) and have also a Steam-version (to satisfy the Steam base).

This way, everybody wins. {Shrug}

Cannot understand your logic.

What? That is like saying yahoo is undercutting google. Or here I'll start my own auction type site and no one else is allowed to sell their stuff anywhere else because you'd be undercutting. It's just business guise lets play nice. Either you are a troll or a child (not trying to insult you) but your logic is lacking.

This game looks so sweet! Nothing better than an 80s action/Sci Fi movie like Predator, Terminator 1, Aliens, and the Runningman. Michael Bein is my favorite actor of all time.

Uplay isn't great, but at least I feel they do "achievements" right. I think it's better if that challenge will actually reward you with in-game content (if you choose to spend it on that), if the achievement is challenging that is.

As for the deal, tempting, but I'll still wait. Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back