* * * * - 2 votes

Official NHL Not 15 (14) Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Headsets On Pants Off! New Team!

NHL 14 Hockey EASHL Ausfahrt Banditos Not NHL 15 easportsblowsgoats

#2461 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:58 AM

Grabbing something to eat real quick and then I'll be on for Steam Night.

#2462 striker199   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

striker199

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:31 AM

DK2 seems so awesome. Is there a guesstimate on the price they are aiming for retail version whenever that is ready?

#2463 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

DK2 seems so awesome. Is there a guesstimate on the price they are aiming for retail version whenever that is ready?

The most they've said is "around the same price". That was before the Facebook acquisition too. After that, they claimed being owned by Facebook would allow them to reduce costs...but we'll see. If they keep upping the final specs for the retail version, I would imagine the cost would have to go up. For what the DK2 has in it (front end of a Galaxy Note 4, accelerometers, gyroscopes, leds, etc...not to mention the positional tracking camera), I can't imagine that they're selling it much above cost.

But even still, people are hoping for higher resolution, larger FOV, lighter weight, and other really out there wishes. It'll be interesting to see what else they can accomplish  But to me, the biggest areas that need improvement are on the software side. Being more user friendly, better rendering, more natural integration, etc. I think the hardware is pretty damn good right now. Once developers learn how it works a little better, we should see some really amazing stuff.

#2464 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:15 PM

#2465 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:24 PM

lol...that was fantastic. We really need a new Stanley Parable.

#2466 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

Highlights from Saturday night...with a couple from the week before thrown in as well (I didn't have a lot of clips that week since it took us so long just to get the server working). Some pretty funny bits though.

#2467 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

Wait, I thought we couldn't pick up tvs

#2468 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

Maybe nothing bigger than 32", lol. The one in the living room of our house was massive. Brandon stole a smaller one. Now, we have to go back into the city. :lol:

Also, some pretty good and varied sales on Steam this week.

The Bridge - $0.99 (I will likely finally pick this up)

Ducati World Championships - $0.49 (reviews indicate this game is horrible...but for 1352193362_50cent-309.jpg, it seems like it could be fun)

Check vs Mate - $3.79 (I always get these damn Steam chess games mixed up, but I think this is the one that sucks...good sale, but I'll probably pass)

Violett - $1.99 (Game looks really weird, but that art style is awesome)

Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - $0.74 (looks kind of like Velocibox, but less rage inducing...maybe)

And I think this game is coming for FIFA...

#2469 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

Huh, something is up with the metcritic on Bridge...says it's 8/100 on steam, but its really 8.0

#2470 DarkTower80   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1457 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

DarkTower80

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:45 PM

Alan and the rooftop

#2471 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

Hahaha...so awesome how he just walks off the edge. Makes me feel better about my jump fail death. :lol:

Also, I was able to grab a beta key for The Crew this morning. I'm not sure if the gameplay will be as tight as Horizon 2...but the premise and atmosphere are outstanding. It's definitely got that Need For Speed Underground/Midnight Club style. Just fun ass arcade racing. Lots of co-op and mini road challenges in between actual missions too. And being able to drive all over the country is badass. 

There's a ton of car customization too with specific kits depending on the type of terrain you're setting up for (street, dirt, circuit, etc). The first thing I did was put a giant ass wing and a carbon fiber hood on my Ford Mustang, lol. :)

Even if it doesn't have the same driving physics as Forza, I think this game's going to have so much freedom, it's going to make it a lot of fun.

#2472 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:28 AM

Alan and the rooftop

Holy crap that blood spray.

Hahaha...so awesome how he just walks off the edge. Makes me feel better about my jump fail death. :lol:

Also, I was able to grab a beta key for The Crew this morning. I'm not sure if the gameplay will be as tight as Horizon 2...but the premise and atmosphere are outstanding. It's definitely got that Need For Speed Underground/Midnight Club style. Just fun ass arcade racing. Lots of co-op and mini road challenges in between actual missions too. And being able to drive all over the country is badass. 

There's a ton of car customization too with specific kits depending on the type of terrain you're setting up for (street, dirt, circuit, etc). The first thing I did was put a giant ass wing and a carbon fiber hood on my Ford Mustang, lol. :)

Even if it doesn't have the same driving physics as Forza, I think this game's going to have so much freedom, it's going to make it a lot of fun.

Hopefully this game breaks Ubi's poor PC port track record.

#2473 striker199   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

striker199

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

demo thoughts?

#2474 DarkTower80   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1457 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

DarkTower80

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:30 AM

To be honest, I forgot the NHL demo came out today.  Since I don't have any reason to play the game without team play, I haven't been paying attention.  I will probably download it to see if the game is improved at all since that was the excuse for leaving everything else out but really don't have any interest at all until they at least patch in OTP with friends.

#2475 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:04 AM

To be honest, I forgot the NHL demo came out today.  Since I don't have any reason to play the game without team play, I haven't been paying attention.  I will probably download it to see if the game is improved at all since that was the excuse for leaving everything else out but really don't have any interest at all until they at least patch in OTP with friends.

That's because it wasn't supposed to be out until tomorrow. So, either the EA Vancouver team literally can't do anything right...or they're really getting antsy about losing sales, haha. I guess I might as well download the demo. Though even if it plays better...the game has been like that for several years anyway. Demo looks really encouraging...game is pretty solid at launch...then they Fuck everything up. At least they did us a solid and fucked everything up early this year! :lol:

#2476 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:13 AM

All right...so I played the demo. For anybody wondering "How different is it from past games?" this video should say it all.

#2477 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:55 AM

Man, I wish I had known about the demo earlier. No time to play it tonight at this point.

By the way, since it's almost midnight here and already Tuesday in Tennessee: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NATE! I have no funny pics or jokes or anything prepared, but I wanted to post something about it before going to bed.

#2478 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:58 AM

Now back to talking about things that don't suck, lol. :)

Hopefully this game breaks Ubi's poor PC port track record.

Yeah...I worry a little bit about optimization. Right now, it's locked at 30fps (though you can manually unlock it...but then things get dicey). And they must not have the game set to allocate enough CPU resources because it has some stutter issues (without dropping frames). But people figured out that if you go into your task manager and just set TheCrew.exe to high priority for your CPU...it runs perfectly (i tested this myself and it ran flawlessly after that). So, yeah...definitely some bugs to work out. But the game has so much potential.

I just drove from Detroit to New York City in about 15-20 minutes, haha. Then I went sightseeing. I recorded a video to give a feel for the game. The first few minutes are just me screwing around with customization, so if your'e not into that, just skip ahead to around 4:00 to see gameplay. And all the NYC landmarks are near the end of the video.

#2479 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:07 AM

Man, I wish I had known about the demo earlier. No time to play it tonight at this point.

By the way, since it's almost midnight here and already Tuesday in Tennessee: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NATE! I have no funny pics or jokes or anything prepared, but I wanted to post something about it before going to bed.

Haha, thanks! I'm just old. That is the joke, lol.  :oldman:

Though, I would settle for a dirty limerick.

#2480 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

It is your birthday.
This haiku is not dirty.
Refrigerator.

#2481 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:37 PM

Ugh, fps caps make no sense for pc games.
Also, that task manager fix is the same fix for the last Splinter Cell game too.

#2482 striker199   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

striker199

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

Ugh, fps caps make no sense for pc games.
Also, that task manager fix is the same fix for the last Splinter Cell game too.

And Black Flag no?

Happy birthday Nate

#2483 DarkTower80   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1457 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

DarkTower80

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

Happy birthday Nate

#2484 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Thanks, guys! Yeah...I don't know what it is with Ubi and not understanding how CPUs work. Watch_Dogs had stutter issues too. I never tried the priority fix for Watch_Dogs because that nVidia update that came out right after the game's launch seemed to fix it, but it makes me wonder if that would have taken care of it too.

I would say maybe they'll fix it before launch, but if it's a common problem for most of their games, then probably not. It seems like such a simple fix too. "Hey, CPU...don't worry about other shit while I'm playing this game...ok? All right, good." lol. The game still looks like it will be pretty good though.

#2485 jman2avatar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

jman2avatar

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

Where is the demo on PS4? I can't find it in the store.

#2486 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

Where is the demo on PS4? I can't find it in the store.

Well...this is the Xbox forum. So, I doubt anyone here is going to know. Last I heard, people were jealous last night because it didn't go up early for PS4. And I have no idea what time demos normally go up on PS4.

#2487 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

The PlayStation store updates seem to come in gradually. Some stuff will be free/on sale and some won't at times until they fully complete the update. Should be available by this afternoon (Pacific) if not earlier.

#2488 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7811 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

Can somebody explain what you get different in the $70 version compared to the $60 version? Also is there a better place to pre-order other than Best Buy which is giving away $15 in free HUT items with a pre-order. Also I have GCU from best BUy so a regular copy would be $48 and the definite edition would be $56.

Thanks

#2489 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

Pretty sure it's all HUT shit isn't it? And I wouldn't know about pre-order bonuses. Most of us aren't getting the game, haha. But I would imagine your GCU deal is going to be as good as you're going to get...unless you want to wait and buy the game used and not give EA any money, lol. ;)

#2490 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

From the EA forums...more people trashing the demo, lol.