Three more Spider-Man movies (total of 6)

projecteightysix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
http://filmforce.ign.com/spider-man/articles/610/610033p1.html?fromint=1

May 04, 2005 - Spider-Man helmer Sam Raimi recently spoke with the SCI FI Wire website and revealed that Sony Pictures has plans to make a total of six films in the superhero franchise. Raimi even dropped that he might be willing to direct them all. He says, "I've heard Amy Pascal [chairman of Sony's motion picture group] say she wants to make six Spider-Man pictures. ... So I think she's a woman of her word. And if she says there'll be six, there'll be six. ... If they were to ask me, and if I felt as passionate as I feel now about the character and had this great hunger and desire to tell the story, which I really do now, you couldn't keep me away from it."

Raimi is currently in preproduction on Spider-Man 3, which he says will partially deal with Peter's emotional journey as he deals with the death of Uncle Ben. "The task that I had was to try and understand where he was when we last left him ... at the end of Spider-Man 2, trying to figure out what he lacked as a human being, as far as where he was immature and what he had not learned," Raimi said.

Sideways star Thomas Haden Church has joined the cast as the villain, but nobody's saying who that is yet. Raimi added, "We had to choose a villain that represented a proper obstacle in the path of that growth. He says the identity of the bad guy is being withheld until Sony and Marvel can make a big presentation for the fans."

Spider-Man 3 is set for a May 4, 2007 release. Production on the film is scheduled to begin early next year.
-- IGN FilmForce

Spider-Man 2 was amazing, but six movies? If they take 3 years a piece, the characters will get a bit old.

6? There are only so many good SpiderMan villains out there. They better not start using lame villains like Hammerhead in these upcoming movies.

[quote name='Skylander7']To hell with it, bring on Maximum Carnage and be done with it[/QUOTE]

Nay, I say Maximum Clonage!:whistle2:&

[quote name='Skylander7']To hell with it, bring on Maximum Carnage and be done with it[/QUOTE]

I think there should be two more. Spiderman 3 and maximum carnage being 4 then I agree, end it. Spidey 1/2 were awesome films but no need to bleed the franchise. Let's let it go out with a bang, not a whisper.

What really good spidey-villians are there?

Green Goblin (Norman) - Used
Doc Ock - Used
Green Goblin (Harry)
Hobgoblin
Venom
Carnage
Kain

I dunno... Maybe they could use the Sinister 6 for one of the movies... Still, there aren't that many really "cool" badguys.

carnage and venom would make an awesome movie. I was surprised when 2 didnt really take the story in a new direction

[quote name='Mouse']What really good spidey-villians are there?

Doc Ock - Used
Green Goblin (Harry)
Hobgoblin
Venom
Carnage
Kain

I dunno... Maybe they could use the Sinister 6 for one of the movies... Still, there aren't that many really "cool" badguys.[/QUOTE]

You forgot the Ultimate version of Kraven the Hunter. I thought he's one guy who would do well in a realistic version of spiderman.

The Lizard is most likely the next up since the nod to Professor Kurt in the part 2.

Doc Ock - Used
Green Goblin (Harry)
Hobgoblin
Venom
Carnage
Kain

I dunno... Maybe they could use the Sinister 6 for one of the movies... Still, there aren't that many really "cool" badguys.[/QUOTE]
Who's Kain?

[quote name='thehuskerfan']Too much, too soon, in my opinion.
Maybe spread them out every five years or something.[/QUOTE]
This is off topic...
you avatar is going to get your ass kicked!
I am so mad I saw that picture!!!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I think the game had a bunch of my favorite villains. A little while back there was a rumour that 3 would have two villains in it.

My favs that haven't been used are:

Lizard
Mysterio
Venom
Carnage (most likely the final movie)
Shocker
Kraven the Hunter
Tombstone

As long as they don't use Rhino, I'm set. And who the hell is Kain?

[quote name='Greetard']who the hell is Kain?[/QUOTE]

There is no Kain in the modern Marvel universe. I think he was referring to Kraven the Hunter. Or maybe the Juggernaut but his first name if spelled Cain.

I thought this was kind of widely known already. I at least knew of it. And actually I think that they could do another 4 movies (for a total of 6) if they spread them out. Also, there are plenty of villains that they can use in the series that are left.

Hobgoblin
GreenGoblin revisited
Venom
Carnage
Lizard
Sandman
Electro
etc., etc. etc. (minus the rhino of course.)

[quote name='Greetard']http://spiderman.ugo.com/

This site says they are using the Sandman for movie three.[/QUOTE]

sandman is a joke. pretty much any villain with the last part of their name man is pretty pathetic.

[quote name='jetblac']This is off topic...
you avatar is going to get your ass kicked!
I am so mad I saw that picture!!!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo![/QUOTE]

Same here!

[quote name='Jrunt20x']I think there should be two more. Spiderman 3 and maximum carnage being 4 then I agree, end it. Spidey 1/2 were awesome films but no need to bleed the franchise. Let's let it go out with a bang, not a whisper.[/QUOTE]

If they ever make a Maximum Carnage movie, they should include Shriek(villainess) who allies with Carnage and the Black Cat(mainly because she's hawt).

Why do movies always have to end the evil career of a villain? I mean why can't the Joker live and come back with something new in another movie? I'm not that into seeing the Scarecrow.... oh yeah, this is about Spidy.... Doc Ock should be the bad guy in every movie from now on. Even non-Spiderman movies.

I hope that they start spacing them out as well. After Spider-Man 2, Raimi was talking about wanting to do an indy film with Bruce Campbell (maybe Evil Dead 4?) and taking a break from huge budget movies. Looks like he's going to be locked into this deal for the long haul. I don't blame him, I'd just like to see him go back to his roots and do another low(er) budget horror flick. Hell, his production company, Ghost House, is only concerned with horror movies.

Spiderman 3 will most likely use Harry as the Green Goblin with another villian as well.

If 3 does not at least start the path towards introducing Venom then I might have to call it quits as far as watching the series.

I think they'll go the way of Lizard and Harry/Green Goblin. Harry is the next logical step since he found Norman's doodads. Plus, they've name dropped Dr. Conners in BOTH films (remember, Dr. Conners fired him from his lab position for being late all of the time in the first film? It's mentioned in the first scene in Harry and Petey's apartment).

Black Cat would be way too early to use. She's a love interest for Spidey too, and in the films he and MJ just got together. Give them a film together and then for the 4th, drop the Black Cat bomb on them.

The writing is great, they took these once 2d characters and fleshed them out so you actually give a shit about them as well. Was it just me? Or did you find yourself rooting for both of them in Spidey2?

I actually cared about Doctor Octopus...my least favorite Spidey Classic Badguy... Wow.

Spider-man 3 will be awesome as well, and I dont think I would see a Spider-man not directed by Sam Ramui...

If Sam doesnt direct it....its not spider-man in my eyes.

Remember how horrible it was when Tim Burton left Batman? (Yes, I know Batman Returns sucked, but Tim Burton was never on the set...and the script was fucked around with too much, so I dont count "Returns" as a Tim Burton Film)

I love how many people are on Venom's cock too....Venom is a shitty "Edgy" Spider-man ripoff. The Character sucked in the comics and would suck even more in a movie...

Could you imagine how gay..."I will eat his brains" will sound on the big screen? I mean, the special effects coooooould...be neat...but Sandman is like the same fucking character...and he doesnt look like spider-man.

I think the next one will be Sandman with a bit of Harry as the GG.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']

Lower tiered villians/heroes that have fought Spidey and might be able to be used (if not optioned themselves): Morbius, Carrion, Tarantula, Prowler, Boomerang, Owl, Cloak & Dagger, Silvermaine, Silver Sable, Shocker, Puma, Jackal, Vermin, Shroud, etc., etc.
[/QUOTE]
I think Morbius would be an awesome villain in a Blade/ Spiderman crossover.

[quote name='maxflight']how about an x-men/spidey crossover? or introduce ghost rider or some other superhero as well? that would be hot.[/QUOTE]
I like the idea of a x-men/spidey crossover. Just as long as they never decide to do a Daredevil/Spidey crossover with Ben Affleck. :puke: And also I think they're coming out with a standalone Ghost Rider movie.

Doc Ock - Used
Green Goblin (Harry)
Hobgoblin
Venom
Carnage
Kain

Sandman, too.

I think that the chances are that if they do use the hobgoblin/jack o'lantern/any other goblin it will be with another villain. People unfamiliar with spiderman might find it dumb to use almost the same exact villain twice. I am betting on:

S3: Sandman/ a goblin
S4: Lizard/ Mysterio
S5: Venom/ unsure
S6: Carnage

The hardest part about the "crossover" movies--- is that there are tons of obstacles to overcome. Different companies own the rights/option ability for certain characters, so even in stories they could be best in, characters have to be changed.

GHOST RIDER, for example, has a film that's coming up--- so there's no way he'd appear in the Spider-Man films. FOX and SONY both own the X-Men and Spidey rights, respectively--- making the chances of a crossover film being nill.

Sadly.

in the comic world xmen and spiderman, sure crossover all you want.

But the film styles are way to different to be mixed. X-men has a dark violent feel, meanwhile spidermans all sunny and happy.

i dont know. it just wouldnt work, and it would be VERY pointless.

[quote name='projecteightysix']in the comic world xmen and spiderman, sure crossover all you want.

But the film styles are way to different to be mixed. X-men has a dark violent feel, meanwhile spidermans all sunny and happy.

i dont know. it just wouldnt work, and it would be VERY pointless.[/QUOTE]
But, if you have some different characters in each other's movies, fans for both will want to see it.
I'm sure Hollywood has thought about this topic and is just trying to find the easiest way to earn more money.

[quote name='thehuskerfan']But, if you have some different characters in each other's movies, fans for both will want to see it.
I'm sure Hollywood has thought about this topic and is just trying to find the easiest way to earn more money.[/QUOTE]

If it were that simple, the supposed Superman/Batman movie would've been out a long time ago.

[quote name='jaykrue']If it were that simple, the supposed Superman/Batman movie would've been out a long time ago.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I guess you're right, but I know I wouldn't mind a SUPER superhero movie one of these days!

I work in a comic store.
I make it my buisness to know all the crap about the movies and comics.
Reading old comics is "research".

That being said: DORKS.

seriously. Not all of you, not most of you, but for those of you who are doing to the half-assed "Unless so-and-so is in the movie, im not seeing it any more" need to grow the fuck up. Trying to act "cool" because the one memory you have of comics (from the 90's) hasnt been done yet is just assinine...about as assinine as the people who come into my store and cant get it through thier heads that THE CHARACTERS ARNT REAL. The movies are interpretations of Thousands of comics made over the span of 50 years....not only the comics continually get it wrong, the movies are going to be different as well. Dont forget that some of you are saying the movies will suck WITHOUT KNOWING A DAMN THING ABOUT THEM.

:)

I wish i could do that in-store. I wrote that off the cuff because, well, people can generally just piss me off. That being said, tommorow 5/7, is Free Comic Book day. Go and get some freebies, and get a nice sale on Trades/Graphic Novels at my store.

[quote name='jaykrue']If it were that simple, the supposed Superman/Batman movie would've been out a long time ago.[/QUOTE]
Superman ran its course way before Tim Burton's Batman came out. So there was no overlap like we have with Spiderman/X-men.

[quote name='dcfox']Superman ran its course way before Tim Burton's Batman came out. So there was no overlap like we have with Spiderman/X-men.[/QUOTE]

While true, it's still all about the rights - who's doing what with which property. I think there were separate individual projects who had priority over a crossover for supe/bats (one of them being smallville, I'm sure). There were even 3 batman movie projects being made at the same time (including the world's finest crossover) until it was eventually amalgamated into the forthcoming Batman Begins. One was to be base off Batman: Year One while another was supposed to be the Batman Beyond pic and then finally World's Finest.

[quote name='projecteightysix']in the comic world xmen and spiderman, sure crossover all you want.

i dont know. it just wouldnt work, and it would be VERY pointless.[/QUOTE]

I wld not say that spiderman movies were sunny and happy. he gets his brains beat in in both movies and the train scene had spidey busted up as well.

bread's done
Back