Buy Select $8+ Blu-Rays get a $8 Fandago Cash for Oblivion

bfett9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
Wow I am really shocked no one saw or posted this earlier. What sucks is I went to Best Buy literally just after going to see the movie, and now I am kicking myself for it.

2czaavo.jpg

Obviously selection isn't amazing but a free Blu-Ray if you were already planning to see the movie. It was a great movie in my opinion.

[quote name='whoknows']Anyone know how these work? Is it just something inside the case or will I have to go online and print something off?[/QUOTE]

It's a code that you redeem at Fandango.com. I believe you have to choose the theater and showtime when redeeming, which might be a turn-off for some. Some theaters allow you to change the data and time though.

Here's the online offer: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...nccat02015##0##k&usc=All+Categories&gf=y&cp=1

Good deal but worthless to me. I learned the hard way the last time I participated in a deal like this as their are NO movie theaters that are partners with Fandago in over 100 miles from where I live.

[quote name='GBAstar']Good deal but worthless to me. I learned the hard way the last time I participated in a deal like this as their are NO movie theaters that are partners with Fandago in over 100 miles from where I live.[/QUOTE]

wow really? I guess I'm kind of spoiled living in nyc as there's only a few here that don't use Fandango.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's a code that you redeem at Fandango.com. I believe you have to choose the theater and showtime when redeeming, which might be a turn-off for some. Some theaters allow you to change the data and time though.

Here's the online offer: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...nccat02015##0##k&usc=All+Categories&gf=y&cp=1[/QUOTE]

YEAH... the fandango offer sucks..plus some theaters don't do fandango. Just do the weekend before 12pm showing and it's usually cheap.

[quote name='ssjmichael']wow really? I guess I'm kind of spoiled living in nyc as there's only a few here that don't use Fandango.[/QUOTE]

The ones in my area will take the movie cash offers and the sony offers but not Fandango. I have no idea why as I'm pretty sure I've seen Fandango advertisements at these theaters prior to the movie starting.

[quote name='bfett9']Wow I am really shocked no one saw or posted this earlier.[/QUOTE]

I posted about it almost a week ago...in the Blu-ray w/Movie Cash thread...

At first I was like DAMMIT, but then I realized I already have everything on that shelf worth owning. Saw the movie today and it was OK. Reviews were spot on: great visuals, weak script, Tom Cruise carries the movie.

[quote name='GBAstar']Good deal but worthless to me. I learned the hard way the last time I participated in a deal like this as their are NO movie theaters that are partners with Fandago in over 100 miles from where I live.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I forgot what movie it was for, but after 3-4 email exchanges it was "sorry, too bad". So, I will skip titles with Fandango cash on purpose.

Is the code part of the sticker (i.e. on the back like The Dark Knight movie cash)? Just curious as you could flip these to Amazon new, netting the $8 credit for a couple bucks. This also takes into account using the U&S promo.

[quote name='bob330i']Is the code part of the sticker (i.e. on the back like The Dark Knight movie cash)? Just curious as you could flip these to Amazon new, netting the $8 credit for a couple bucks. This also takes into account using the U&S promo.[/QUOTE]

The code sticker is on the front of the Blu-ray package.

[quote name='mike568']The code sticker is on the front of the Blu-ray package.[/QUOTE]

But they are very hard to remove without destroying the code if you plan to keep the plastic intact.

This offer was a pain in the ass to redeem. I wrote down the code (not exactly as printed, unfortunately) in my note-taking app so I could redeem it whenever & wherever I was. I kept getting errors that the code needed to be activated, whether I used the Fandango app or website (desktop site on Android Chrome browser).

After some frustration I went home & read on another forum that the code needed to be entered in exactly as printed, including dashes. So that finally got activated, and I plugged in the code on my phone b/c I recalled there being a promo where tickets bought from the app would have convenience fees waived. No such luck here; still had to pay a buck & change.

Let me re-iterate that. You will not be able to use the full $8 face value toward the ticket b/c you'll still be charged a buck or two convenience fee. So the actual useful amount is around $6 and change.

Hollywood movie money = exact amt shown on movie blu ray
Fandango cash = amt shown on case - 1.25? Or so convenience charge per ticket
= sucko.

Can anyone confirm if you could use the ticket to see another movie and when it's expiration date is. Normally free movie vouchers state an expiration and whether you can only see that specific movie or any.

Picked up 2x Hulk w/ Fandango Oblivion cash. Went to activate it and the cash won't work by me. WTF. They are going back tomorrow. It's very misleading for them to sell this item with this promo that won't work anywhere near me or the store.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Can anyone confirm if you could use the ticket to see another movie and when it's expiration date is. Normally free movie vouchers state an expiration and whether you can only see that specific movie or any.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it says, but we have used Hollywood money to see whatever before. Never actually tried using it for a different movie properly, just walked into a different theater.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Picked up 2x Hulk w/ Fandango Oblivion cash. Went to activate it and the cash won't work by me. WTF. They are going back tomorrow. It's very misleading for them to sell this item with this promo that won't work anywhere near me or the store.[/QUOTE]

With Fandango stuff, you have to select the exact date and time when you're going to the movie in order to use it.

[quote name='DNukem170']With Fandango stuff, you have to select the exact date and time when you're going to the movie in order to use it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I should have explained better. I received this message when entering my zip "Sorry, there are no theaters available in this area.". After searching further, I would need to drive to IA from WI for the nearest theater.

I took the Hulk movies back and they gave me 2 U&S coupons along with my return to pick up 2 different movies. Mentioned that the entire endcap was misleading and perhaps they should post a sign that the Fandango tix will not work here. I went with GI Joe movie money blu's this time.

I have no interest in Oblivion. If any CAG wants my code, quote this message and i'll PM you the code.

I just don't want to post it and have a lurker get it.

edit: gone

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Haggar']I have no interest in Oblivion. If any CAG wants my code, quote this message and i'll PM you the code.

I just don't want to post it and have a lurker get it.[/QUOTE]

I'll take it.

Has anyone tried stacking with buy one get one for visa signature cards on Fridays? That'd be worth it. I'd pick up children of men and get two tickets for ~$12

just saw oblivion from this. Good movie if you like scifi, but simple plot with not much excitement going on. Probably would never have been made if it didn't get someone like tom cruise to lead.

Man, even with $5 off from the upgrade & save promo and the $8 Oblivion offer, Hulk still feels like a huge rip off. What a completely utterly unbelievably terrible fucking movie.

bread's done
Back