$25 Wii Retro Classic Controller(Black or White) @ Gamestop/Amazon Matched

bah looking at the title i thought this was the original classic controller for the wii, those are hard to find now, i cant find a new one for a decent price anywhere.

Im with dgwillia006.. these look like shit. The reviews are piss poor too

[quote name='dgwillia006']Arent these things horrible? Like every single thing I heard about them has been bad[/QUOTE]

A guy on another forum gave it a glowing review, said he loved it, then said it broke after a week. A classic controller's $12 on Amazon, and that's basically what this is.

[quote name='Kenshindono']No, the ORIGINAL one. That looked kinda like a rounder SNES controller[/QUOTE]
$30~ shipped - http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-C...973154&sr=1-4&keywords=wii+classic+controller

[quote name='moothemagiccow']A guy on another forum gave it a glowing review, said he loved it, then said it broke after a week. A classic controller's $12 on Amazon, and that's basically what this is.

$30~ shipped - http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-C...973154&sr=1-4&keywords=wii+classic+controller[/QUOTE]

It's a classic controller with the wiimote guts inside. I've had one at my local GS and have been a little curious about the value in it.

The messed up thing about this controller is that its marketed as a pro controller for the Wii U but it doesn't work as an actual pro controller at all.

Do not buy these I have had such a bad experience with these controllers already went through two of them. The USB port to charge the controller always seems to break off

Yeah, I bought one, it connected to my Wii U and then would not do anything. Tried to connect with my wii, nothing. Tried going back to Wii u, nothing. Took it back the next day. Never worked.

That's too bad... I wanted to like these. If they were a combined Wii classic controller and Wii U pro controller I would buy one anyway, but Wii only means it won't be useful for long.

[quote name='Kenshindono']bah looking at the title i thought this was the original classic controller for the wii, those are hard to find now, i cant find a new one for a decent price anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Why do you want the original model CC over the CCP?

[quote name='Bent 00']Why do you want the original model CC over the CCP?[/QUOTE]

The original CC felt like a SNES controller, even if the two shoulder buttons were oddly side by side.
The CCP feels like a 360/PS3 controller w/ thicker design and grips. Really bulky.
I prefer the original CC. It really depends on what games you're going to play w/ it.

pro-vs-classic.jpg

[quote name='emperordahc']The original CC felt like a SNES controller, even if the two shoulder buttons were oddly side by side.
The CCP feels like a 360/PS3 controller w/ thicker design and grips. Really bulky.
I prefer the original CC. It really depends on what games you're going to play w/ it.[/QUOTE]
Completely true on the games (though I prefer the CCP mostly universal, I actually like the bulk), as I have both versions myself.

The original CC is good for true SNES VC emulation (gives a more nostalgic feeling) or any game that doesn't use the analog sticks, but for most any new Wii game (especially twin stick shooters, the original CC had the sticks too close together), the modifications in the CCP make for a better experience.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']
$30~ shipped - http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-C...973154&sr=1-4&keywords=wii+classic+controller[/QUOTE]

from a shitty 3rd party seller with only a 90% rating. No friggin way

[quote name='detectiveconan16']http://www.estarland.com/NintendoWii.cat..product.28067.html
It's $11.25 at eStarland, and I paid $15 for mine last year. It's okay for gaming SNES style, but if you want to use the Z buttons, you're better off getting the Pro.[/QUOTE]

used. I rarely buy used, and never for something like a controller.

I do have a pro, but i specifically want it for SNES style games, as you mentioned.

[quote name='Bent 00']Why do you want the original model CC over the CCP?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='emperordahc']The original CC felt like a SNES controller, even if the two shoulder buttons were oddly side by side.
I prefer the original CC. It really depends on what games you're going to play w/ it.

pro-vs-classic.jpg
[/QUOTE]

emperordahc answered the question for me. I have a pro, i want both. The original is much better for older retro games than the pro. I still cant find one new, from a reputable retailer (dont want a shitty Chinese knock off) for a reasonable price. I also regret not getting more of the good Japanese Gamecube controllers for the wii back when amazon had them cheap. Those things were awesome with their 12' cords.

anyway as for the topic controller.. ya i read some reviews its kinda a piece of shit from what i read

For Wii CLassic Controller usage, I actually prefer Nyko's Wing controller. They're really cheap brand new on ebay and in my opinion, they're superior to the old style wii classic controller

wii_controlpak_01.jpg

bread's done
Back