Can gamedealdaily.com be trusted?

I have bought from them a couple times in the past and never had a problem...pay with paypal if it bothers you.

edit see how hard that was everyone.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Veteran[/QUOTE]

I wonder why he's labeled a vet when he joined less than a year ago.

[quote name='paintball745']I have bought from them a couple times in the past and never had a problem...pay with paypal if it bothers you.

edit see how hard that was everyone.[/QUOTE]

Rewarding stupidity is stupid

I bought a disc and it was badly scratched and didn't play. He never responded to my emails. I won't be buying from him again.

[quote name='paintball745']I have bought from them a couple times in the past and never had a problem...pay with paypal if it bothers you.

edit see how hard that was everyone.[/QUOTE]

Have you bought Steam keys too?

Is that site still in business? It was dead for a while and the dude who runs it seems to have stopped posting here on CAG.

I bought a PS+ 1 year card for $40. Was a good deal, but didn't come particularly well packaged, and I didn't get a tracking code.

Probably wouldn't risk it again if it wasn't an incredible deal.

I've ordered a few things from GDD and extremely sub par service and products is all I've gotten. The last thing I ordered from them were those Gamecube grab bags which seemed like great deals, but turned out to mainly be ruined Twilight Princess discs which I still blame for sending my Wii to an early grave. The guy that runs the site is one of the worst people I've ever tried to deal with. He very rarely responds to any sort of emails and even if he does it's usually super brief and God help you if you're attempting to have a conversation with him longer than a single email.

Edit: The GDD thread was fantastic, too. If you ever want some laughs, I seriously suggest reading it:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248997

Most of their deals were pretty much like this:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7164519&postcount=685

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']I wonder why he's labeled a vet when he joined less than a year ago.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure you get that after so many posts (like 150, or 250), OR for being a member for at least 3 months (I thought it was both of those, but he doesn't have anywhere close to 50 posts, much less 150). Sooo, that title/status is very misleading, unfortunately. May have changed now, but that was accurate back in the day (read: when I used to lurk).

I have purchased from gamedealdaily.com 5-6 times in the past couple of years. Most items were cheap games, and the playstation plus subscription. I personally have no complaints with their service. I receive my items within a week, though no tracking code is provided. Games always have come as expected. Overall great service from my experience, though obviously others have run into problems.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']yikes!

I don't understand why a lot of these smaller sites suck so much ass. ebay and amazon do exist and sellers there are actually kept in check. and if anything goes wrong, you complain and win every time.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's actually part of the problem and why sellers try to branch out on their own in the first place. If all a consumer has to do is claim they had an issue on eBay or a third-party sale on Amazon, then that's bully for the buyer and that threat is terrifying for that merchant. There's every motivation for the consumer and next-to-none for that other guy.

bread's done
Back