Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Prima Official Game Guide - Now $12.38

Pixie Stix 88

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
AC games are the only guides I ever buy; ordered one for my wife. Thanks, OP!

Will be buying this at bestbuy at release day. Will pm amazon ofcourse hehe. Thanks for the reminder

[quote name='slay65']e-version is $7. But some may still prefer the hard copy. I am still undecided which one I will get.

link[/QUOTE]

If you buy the physical version, you get the digital copy free. Confirmed via Twitter.

I have the 3ds xl bundle with game on preorder. Is the guide extremely helpful for this game? I never really played an animal crossing game so I'm kind of clueless.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']I have the 3ds xl bundle with game on preorder. Is the guide extremely helpful for this game? I never really played an animal crossing game so I'm kind of clueless.[/QUOTE]The game is pretty massive and normally there is A LOT of stuff to collect and do. I haven't bought a guide in forever but i'm still going to grab one for release.

I've always had the AC guides too, but I'm hoping this time there's a better system to figure out what you're missing than in past AC iterations. If not, I'm sure I'll buy the guide after the fact.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']I have the 3ds xl bundle with game on preorder. Is the guide extremely helpful for this game? I never really played an animal crossing game so I'm kind of clueless.[/QUOTE]

The last guide from Nintendo Power for Wild World was a must(although the quality was sub par, like most Nintendo done guides). There is so much to see and do in these games, that you would never find or figure it all out if you didn't use some form of guide or faq.

Look at this as a form of companion guide. You don't need it for everything, but it's good to have when you need a little help or info on the fly.

Prima's guides range from excellent to very poor in overall quality, but I'm going to give this one a go. Hopefully they are basing it on a Japanese released guide, in which case the quality will be great.

For those in BBY's Gamers Club, remember the 50% off gaming guides, this one is not on the site yet, but it might pop at any moment

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']I have the 3ds xl bundle with game on preorder. Is the guide extremely helpful for this game? I never really played an animal crossing game so I'm kind of clueless.[/QUOTE]

The guide is more or less used for tips on what to do in the game in terms of discovering secrets, keeping town folk happy, earning quick money, etc. I personally only use the guide to see the catalog items as how to earn them. The catalog items are all the things you can use to decorate your home, town, give as gifts, and trade. It varies from clothing to wallpaper to furniture. Catalog items can be exclusive to spot pass now or from special events or holidays. Speaking of which:

[quote name='Sleipnir']For those in BBY's Gamers Club, remember the 50% off gaming guides, this one is not on the site yet, but it might pop at any moment[/QUOTE]

Is there a new one coming out? I thought the 50% off coupon up now was expiring today.

[quote name='sabanoo']Is there a new one coming out? I thought the 50% off coupon up now was expiring today.[/QUOTE]No, I think he's just saying there's a chance the guide could appear on BBY.com today, the last day that promo is active.

[quote name='emperordahc']AC games are the only guides I ever buy; ordered one for my wife. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

Hm... don't mean to sound condescending, but this is the guide. Not the actual game itself. Just trying to help... :D

I haven't purchased the guide for previous ACs but i think it will be extremely useful to keep track of the items you can get. The guide is fairly thick.

Some people mention the e-guide is a good way to go. Which is true if you have the availability of tablet/ computer and don't mind scrolling a bunch.

Soooo weird! I decided to bite and order this. Only paid 6 bucks and change. Some amazon discount was applied. 11.72 worth of discount! This happen to anyone else? Not even sure what this discount was for.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Soooo weird! I decided to bite and order this. Only paid 6 bucks and change. Some amazon discount was applied. 11.72 worth of discount! This happen to anyone else? Not even sure what this discount was for.[/QUOTE]

Might have been leftover promotional credit if you traded in a game last month and got the $20 bonus.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Never traded via amazon. Is there any way to find out what this promotional credit is from?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Another way you could have gotten it is if you preordered a game. Sometimes they give out $20/10 credits.

Looking at the description, this guide is smaller than your average guide. Only 5.3" wide and 8.5" tall. Combined with it being paperback and over 500 pages long, I would think you're going to have to crack the spine be able to see all the content on every page. Maybe not a big deal to some but that's a big deal to me.

[quote name='Tabe']Looking at the description, this guide is smaller than your average guide. Only 5.3" wide and 8.5" tall. Combined with it being paperback and over 500 pages long, I would think you're going to have to crack the spine be able to see all the content on every page. Maybe not a big deal to some but that's a big deal to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i am aware that its the smaller 3DS size guides. But i know it's thick from googling pictures of it.

tumblr_mk0pn0CkRt1qzjpqwo1_500.jpg

FYI, for those still interested, the price is now $12.50.  According to CamelCamelCamel, that's $.01 more than the lowest it's ever been.

This is awesome. I can't wait to get one. Do you think the price will stay the same when the game releases? I really want to go to Target to price match.

Price matched this when it was $12.50 this morning through Best Buys website since they offer free shipping and I'm no longer a Prime member.

Thanks OP, heck of a deal!

anybody ordered from amazon got there guides already? or since release date is a sunday, everyone copy will be delivered on monday?

Well, just spoke with Amazon over chat. It seems there was a problem in getting all the books out and it wouldn't normally get to me until sometime later down the road. She upgraded me to 1-day shipping so it'll get to me by Friday (2 more days than normal) and she also issued me a $10 credit to my account. It's like I paid $2.38 for the guide, especially since I paid all in credit to begin with anyways.

Well, just spoke with Amazon over chat. It seems there was a problem in getting all the books out and it wouldn't normally get to me until sometime later down the road. She upgraded me to 1-day shipping so it'll get to me by Friday (2 more days than normal) and she also issued me a $10 credit to my account. It's like I paid $2.38 for the guide, especially since I paid all in credit to begin with anyways.
Yeah...Amazon c.s. fed me the same fuck too. "Upgraded" me to one-day shipping as well, with a projected delivery date of 6/17 now :bs: ...

The Amazon rep I talked to wouldn't give me anything. She said they couldn't promise they could source more, but if they did, it would be in 5-10 business days. Didn't get upgraded shipping or any kind of credit... :bomb:

Preordered the guide last june 3 on amazon and as of today mine still hasnt shipped yet. Wtf! No pending charge whatsoever. I should have just bought the guide at bestbuy. Now its oos in my store. Sucks!

Preordered the guide last june 3 on amazon and as of today mine still hasnt shipped yet. Wtf! No pending charge whatsoever. I should have just bought the guide at bestbuy. Now its oos in my store. Sucks!
See my previous post. I ordered mine back in May.

so i talked to amazon cs via chat. Got the one day shipping upgrade 6/17 estimate delivery too. This is why i dont preorder. Feels like it was just a normal shipping order since i still have to wait over a week to get the preorder. Sucks! But i guess il just suck it up and wait since i really want the guide.
[quote name="CAGkrazy" post="10619559" timestamp="1371077785"]Preordered the guide last june 3 on amazon and as of today mine still hasnt shipped yet. Wtf! No pending charge whatsoever. I should have just bought the guide at bestbuy. Now its oos in my store. Sucks!
See my previous post. I ordered mine back in May.[/QUOTE]Wished i got that $10 credit too. Your cs rep hooked you up nicely.

Edit:

So they changed estimate again to 6/18 instead of the 6/17 they mentioned in chat! Fudge that!

Went to frys and found a guide instore right now. Immediately cancelled my order in amazon! Wont be preordering again from them. Id rather spend extra and get my item immediately than wait over a week for a preorder. Sheesh!

My daughter has been bugging me about this game so much I went to three stores to find the guide with no luck. I can verify the code is inside because a friend of mine gave me his online code but now she wants to hog the computer all day ...

Damn you NINTENDO!!!

was searching for this thread earlier but couldn't find it - must've been in limbo due to 3.0

I got a generic email reply when I complained how 2day prime had today as delivery yet still hasn't shipped. I'm on a prime trial (randomly got offer month back when my year and change trial ended in the fall) so mentioned I wouldn't be renewing. No credit

I'm sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced.

I've checked the availability for "Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Prima Official Game Guide", and see that it's listed as "Usually ships within 5 to 10 days."

Here you can check these details:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0307897079

Our shipping estimates--such as "Usually ships within 5 to 10 days"--take into account the time it takes to receive the item from our suppliers, pack it, and prepare it for shipment.

Contacted customer service and got a generic sorry, we had problems getting the books shipped. No credit. Mine was delayed, but should be here Friday.

bread's done
Back