* * * * - 57 votes

CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Theme CAG feedback private messages

#61 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17102 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

i too am a fan of the dark background...

anyways... it's not so much a bug (since the Old CAG did it too) but uhh.... when i quote someone who has a quote in their post....

it only quotes what they said, not the quote they quoted... (i realize i could find that quote and multi-quote it but it's kinda lame)

would be nice if when you quoted someone, you quoted their entire post, including a quote they posted.

try it on my post?  you won't be able to quote my quote.

i like cheese!

I fixed it.

#62 The Furry Panda   Bravest Warrior CAGiversary!   1830 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

The Furry Panda

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

Is there any way to go to the last page of a thread on mobile. Cant seem to figure it out for the mega threads

TheFurryPanda.png

#63 mitch079   Slaving away at Vandelay Industries. CAGiversary!   9375 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

mitch079

i too am a fan of the dark background...

anyways... it's not so much a bug (since the Old CAG did it too) but uhh.... when i quote someone who has a quote in their post....

it only quotes what they said, not the quote they quoted... (i realize i could find that quote and multi-quote it but it's kinda lame)

would be nice if when you quoted someone, you quoted their entire post, including a quote they posted.

try it on my post?  you won't be able to quote my quote.

i like cheese!

The old board did that also by default but I see Cheapy changed it so nevermind.

Edited by mitch079, 05 June 2013 - 02:48 PM.

mmitch079.pngmmitch079.pngmmitch079.png

#64 MetalSlugger   : / CAGiversary!   2636 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

We are going to get the ability to edit thread titles back, right?  My CAG Trading thread is all effed up now because I can't change the title.

#65 DNukem170   I plan 3 times faster than other birbs! CAGiversary!   7097 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

DNukem170

Maybe it's just me, but how do you quote somebody in Mobile?

Also, any way to quickly jump to the last post unread? Going page-by-page in Mobile will get tiring very fast.

#66 JP   Member of the Ravens Nation! Trade-in Value Team   7789 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

The quoting thing being fixed is nice. Now less confusion on who was quoting what on some posts.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#67 ARsignal11   Pirate King CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

ARsignal11

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

So far, I'm loving the new version.  I'm probably one of the few users who likes the white background.

One question though.  Is it possible to implement a "work mode" or some sort?  Where it hides the avatars and signatures on the forums?  If this option is already available, I'd love if someone could point me to it.  

Thanks and keep up the great work!

#68 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17102 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Is there any way to go to the last page of a thread on mobile. Cant seem to figure it out for the mega threads

The mobile skin definitely needs some navigation improvements.

#69 z3razerviper  

z3razerviper

The new site looks horrible the font is almost unreadable!!!!

#70 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20099 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

So, I can't find my tradelist... I'm guessing it was deleted since it was originated a long time ago?

And can we go back to the previous theme (dark background, white text) in any way?

EDIT* Why the hell are there messages from 2005 in my inbox...?

Edited by Vinny, 05 June 2013 - 02:56 PM.

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Rocket League - :D

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause:

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#71 crzyboy88   This is a witty title CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

You can like posts now, it seems. But the button doesn't seem to work at the time of posting. Instead I get:

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Edited by crzyboy88, 05 June 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#72 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Hmm.. How do I say this and not p' anybody off?

CAG 2.0 looks a billion times better than this. It had character and ease. This reminds of 1 of those other.... Well. Yeah.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#73 hero913   MAZZAFAKKA CAGiversary!   1900 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Really not digging the white background.

Always loved the the black one when reading this forum late at nigh especially. It's much easier on the eyes.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#74 Sgt Barone   CAG 4 Life CAGiversary!   1931 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Sgt Barone

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Patience guys.  Everything will be restored.  Give the man some time.

<p>Here's to a great year of gaming in 2015 :beer:

#75 melted77   Unfrozen CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Also, any way to quickly jump to the last post unread? Going page-by-page in Mobile will get tiring very fast.

Clicking on amessage expands it so you can quote.

Edited by melted77, 05 June 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#76 louiedog   20 minutes into the future CAGiversary!   5641 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

You can use the extension Change Colors to make white on black in Chrome. It's not perfect, for example this text box I'm typing into is still black on white, but it makes the site more readable for those who like the inversed colors.

#77 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10032 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

Yeesh, white background is blinding.

How do you edit your signature with the new User CP? I can't find the option.

Ryuukishi634.png

#78 The Furry Panda   Bravest Warrior CAGiversary!   1830 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

The Furry Panda

Always loved the the black one when reading this forum late at nigh especially. It's much easier on the eyes.

In the first post they said its coming soon x.x

TheFurryPanda.png

#79 KingZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   641 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Yeah the hardest part is starting from beginning :D

#80 FadeToOne   It's CAGtastic! CAGiversary!   1813 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

FadeToOne

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

This.  I'm hoping there ends up being some way to configure it per user choice, at least.

Edit:  Oh, good, I see the red now.  Hadn't even looked at the OP yet.

Edited by FadeToOne, 05 June 2013 - 03:20 PM.

FadeToOne.png

#81 The Furry Panda   Bravest Warrior CAGiversary!   1830 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

The Furry Panda

Click the post and a quote option will appear

TheFurryPanda.png

#82 JP   Member of the Ravens Nation! Trade-in Value Team   7789 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

So far, I'm loving the new version.  I'm probably one of the few users who likes the white background.

One question though.  Is it possible to implement a "work mode" or some sort?  Where it hides the avatars and signatures on the forums?  If this option is already available, I'd love if someone could point me to it.  

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Don't know about avatars but you can disable all signatures by either clicking the checkbox under Ignore Preferences under you settings or you can click on the X in the upper right hand of someone's signature block and it gives you the option to ignore that signature or all signatures.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#83 melted77   Unfrozen CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

How do you see your subscribed threads. Especially on mobile.

#84 z3razerviper  

z3razerviper

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

Ok update the site looks fine in firefox its chrome that is an issue. Under chrome the site is unreadable. I even tried incognito mode to make sure. The fonts are all messed up and missing chunks of letters.

Edited by z3razerviper, 05 June 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#85 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2573 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

So where are the forum settings? I'd like to see more threads/posts per page. White background and barely readable font are making navigating the pages a bit hard right now. I'm sure you guys are working on that though. Good luck.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrZombieChicken.png

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#86 Chesu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

I am totally fine with the forum being updated... but what happened to the front page? cheapassgamer.com now links directly to the forum. Where can I view recent newsposts, etc.?

...Also, the change has completely ruined my avatar. What's up with the gray border?

Edited by Chesu, 05 June 2013 - 03:01 PM.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss)

#87 inm8num2   Pre-order me, you moorhuhn! CAGiversary!   1484 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

Hmm it will take some adjustment but I'll do my best!

FfjorMk.png

#88 tylerh1701   Clap it up, my Hammies CAGiversary!   24925 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

My first question was answered in red. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for reading the OP instead of posting like an idiot.  

Also, not being able to change the title is a pretty huge deal for the XBL thread.  Hope that is able to be implemented later.

Also, is it still possible to wikify posts?

Edited by tylerh1701, 05 June 2013 - 03:01 PM.

tylerh1701.png hazgm2d.png

Senior Editor at Inverted Access! Check out our Twitch Channel!

#89 blueArcana   Prismagic CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Wearing shades on this site until it gets dark again 8-)

blueArcana.png

#90 JustinSaneV2   Derp CAGiversary!   343 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

JustinSaneV2

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

I already miss the "top deals of the day" column.   :-(