Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3/360) $29.99 at Amazon

I don't know, did the original release ever get any cheaper than $20?  I would be surprised if this went below $20 anytime soon given that Capcom tends to hold the line on MSRP unless the game is a total bomb.

I don't know, did the original release ever get any cheaper than $20? I would be surprised if this went below $20 anytime soon given that Capcom tends to hold the line on MSRP unless the game is a total bomb.
Only time it was below $20 was Microsofts Black Friday sale. It was $10 with Free Ship.

However, this time around, I don't see them carrying Dark Arisen.

Gonna wait for a price drop. Loved the original on the first playthrough, but felt kind of boring going through again to finish it.

Heard this added a lot of features

Gonna wait for a price drop. Loved the original on the first playthrough, but felt kind of boring going through again to finish it.

It pretty much adds fast traveling from the get go. Also transfers any existing saves over (with a bonus to those with one.)

Besides that, it has every dlc in the game already EXCEPT the three skill rings. (The last I checked anyway)

Ah cool. I found it annoying that it took SO long to get that crystal for fast traveling, and even if you did it was limited to where you placed them.

Also are there new trophies? I heard it changed the original to Dark Arisen under the trophy list, but nothing was added

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah cool. I found it annoying that it took SO long to get that crystal for fast traveling, and even if you did it was limited to where you placed them.

Also are there new trophies? I heard it changed the original to Dark Arisen under the trophy list, but nothing was added
Nope. Same Achievements and Trophies. Cassardis gets a permanent port crystal btw, and you have acess to 5 more placeable port crystals in The regular game, where as you were only available to get 1 until you did NG+.

The unlimited ferry stone is also a huge help. (And still being able to pick up regular ones to sell is also a nice advantage.) also the menus load MUUUUUUCH quicker than the regular game.

I think I'll wait a little longer, but it's tempting. 360 version is the best, right? (I was holding out hoping there would be a PC version, but it's not looking likely at this point).

Last edited:

It pretty much adds fast traveling from the get go. Also transfers any existing saves over (with a bonus to those with one.)

Besides that, it has every dlc in the game already EXCEPT the three skill rings. (The last I checked anyway)

How important are the missing skill rings DLC? I may pick up Dark Arisen and have never played the first one.

I think I'll wait a little longer, but it's tempting. 360 version is the best, right? (I was holding out hoping there would be a PC version, but it's not looking likely at this point).
For the original, 360 had some screen tearing but runs smoother than PS3. I don't imagine that's changed.

How important are the missing skill rings DLC? I may pick up Dark Arisen and have never played the first one.
Well the skill rings were released not too long ago and I didn't pick them up. It is 3 seperate dlcs, each for a specific group of classes, and allows you to use the skill on the ring when it is equipped. Doesn't sound all too important to me.

Not bad, but I'll pick this up at $25 or below. Would jump on this now if Monster Hunter weren't already filling up my hardXcore time.

From what I understand, you need to install a rather large texture pack on 360 and I'm not sure if it was optional or not. PS3 just had the normal install otherwise.

From what I understand, you need to install a rather large texture pack on 360 and I'm not sure if it was optional or not. PS3 just had the normal install otherwise.
It's optional, however it will make the game look like poop without it. Also the install took about 10-15 min.

Geez just bought if from Amazon for $32 a few days earlier.  I should have trusted my instincts.  I knew $29.99 was not far away.

i heard there was some bug after this was patched that randomly was de4leting peoples saves. even on the original game! was this ever fixed? I actually was about to start the first game but am worried about that

bread's done
Back