Dying Light New PS4 Trailer

R3DNate

CAGiversary!
Here's a new trailer to a Zombie game coming to the PS3 and PS4 from Techland (They helped on Dead Island Series).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPeCsZY1Llc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPeCsZY1Llc

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp. Can't go wrong for $20  :D/

BAsed on the streams I watched, the game actually looks fun. Its a shame they damaged their image with the pre-order for game modes and no review copies until the day before crap.

Got in with the digital version for $20. :D I have been playing with the companion app so it's going to be interesting to start off the game with a few guns and two blue melee weapons.  :lol:

How are people liking the game? I am still on the fence about picking it up especially with no reviews out right now. I am always hesitant with Techland games because they can be very hit or miss. I enjoyed Dead Island, but didn't think it was worth the $60 I paid for it when it came out and would hate to make that same mistake twice. 

How are people liking the game? I am still on the fence about picking it up especially with no reviews out right now. I am always hesitant with Techland games because they can be very hit or miss. I enjoyed Dead Island, but didn't think it was worth the $60 I paid for it when it came out and would hate to make that same mistake twice.
As a CAG, you never have to pay full price

& for Dying Light, Best Buy had a $10 reward certificate plus a couple dlc outfits for pre-orders, a $10 off coupon was also available if you traded in certain games & 20% off with GCU. It trades in for $40+, you can't go wrong

It's a good game but I think it will be second to dead island2

I played for a few hours with 2 friends an Im diggin it. IDK if I would feel the same way if I was going solo since most of the missions are just your standard fetch quests and I can see it getting repetitive quick but its definitely fun with other people. It sucks that you all gotta be the same dude though.

As a CAG, you never have to pay full price

& for Dying Light, Best Buy had a $10 reward certificate plus a couple dlc outfits for pre-orders, a $10 off coupon was also available if you traded in certain games & 20% off with GCU. It trades in for $40+, you can't go wrong
This is true, but as a CAG I am also incredibly cheap when it comes to games that I am unsure of and $40 is too much for a game that isn't a sure bet for me. I'm waiting to see some reviews before I bite because I am also really wanting to import a copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris and $40 would be a nice chunk of the price of that game.

I am having a lot of fun. Especially farming hunters that come into my game for a lot of XP.  :lol: I have tried invading too, and it's just way too easy once your hunter can use UAV block and summon a horde. Other than that, I figured the rarity system would be like Dead Island's, but it's much more forgiving in dropping higher tier weapons (blue, violet, and oranges). 

Nightime is brutal. I make sure I haul ass to a safehouse when I see its getting dark. And how do you upgrade your weapons with fire and electricity? I saw a couple of workbenches but I couldnt use them. They might have told me but I probably wasnt paying attention.

I wish Best Buy was still running a good trade-in deal. If I could get this game with trade-in credit that would be pretty cool just to scratch my curiosity. 

Nightime is brutal. I make sure I haul ass to a safehouse when I see its getting dark. And how do you upgrade your weapons with fire and electricity? I saw a couple of workbenches but I couldnt use them. They might have told me but I probably wasnt paying attention.
To upgrade weapons with elements, you need to use blueprints. The workbench is an homage to Dead Island since they are the same model. I don't think they can be used.

I rented the game last night and have only been able to play for a couple of hours so far, but I am enjoying the game quite a bit. It definitely has some quirks, but it's a much better game than Dead Island. One of the biggest issues I have with the game so far though is the fact that they mapped jump to RB/R1, I am playing on the Xbone and find myself pressing "A" to jump at times in panic while escaping a horde of zombies. It's really strange that Techland thought it would be a good idea to map the controls this way and not allow you change them. It's not the worst thing though and I am starting to get more used to it the more that I play. I am really waiting for dynamic day/night circle to kick in, which I think is soon for me at that point I think the game will really open up and I can start exploring the world more and leveling up. 

My girlfriend loved Dead Island and will probably love this too, so chances are I will end up adding it to my collection as I may have an excuse to buy it now. 

One of the biggest issues I have with the game so far though is the fact that they mapped jump to RB/R1, I am playing on the Xbone and find myself pressing "A" to jump at times in panic while escaping a horde of zombies. It's really strange that Techland thought it would be a good idea to map the controls this way and not allow you change them. It's not the worst thing though and I am starting to get more used to it the more that I play.
I wasn't used to it at first either since Dead Island and Riptide have X as jump. Now, I'm fine with it. I actually like it a lot more when in combination with grapple hook (L1). The only complaint about controls I have so far are the gun challenges since the reload button is the same as detonating traps when your near them. :wall:

So far I've been doing all the side quests. I also have an orange modded short sword that strikes down Volatiles in three/four hits. It helped me get to a level four chase in the night that gave over 1K agility XP. Anyway, I can't wait to get a katana once I'm leveled more. :D

Damn, I think I locked myself out of the Gunslinger quest, the one where you have to find that dude a gun. The elevator in the tower is blocked off now and I cant get to him, fuck there goes my plat. :whistle2:(

I wasn't used to it at first either since Dead Island and Riptide had X as jump. Now, I'm fine with it and actually like it a lot more when in combination with grapple hook (L1).
Yeah at first I was smashing X like a mofo to jump an kept getting in some bad situations because of it lol Also, it kinda sucks that you can only repair a weapon a certain number of time before you have to ditch it.

Damn, I think I locked myself out of the Gunslinger quest, the one where you have to find that dude a gun. The elevator in the tower is blocked off now and I cant get to him, fuck there goes my plat. :whistle2:(
The elevator that leads to the upper floors is blocked? Those are always open. Do you mean the stairs that lead to his level on that same floor?

The elevator that leads to the upper floors is blocked? Those are always open. Do you mean the stairs that lead to his level on that same floor?
Yeah the elevator is blocked, there's this guy standing in front of it saying I cant go up. IDK, maybe it will open up again as I do more story missions. :/

Yeah the elevator is blocked, there's this guy standing in front of it saying I cant go up. IDK, maybe it will open up again as I do more story missions. :/
I'm sure it will.

So far I am really digging Dying Light. I haven't had a ton of time with it because work and being an adult stuff. I've got my rental until Monday so I hope to put some more time in this weekend and chances are I'll buy a copy. Much better than Dead Island, which I liked and bought, but was bored with it after about 2 weeks.

Yea, ive been going through and doing everything except for the challenges.  I found out that the gun challenges are borked in that if you dont have the ammo type in your inventory, it gives you unlimited ammo for the challenge, but if you already have the ammo type, it uses your actual ammo.

I see now. Yes, you have to complete the story mission "Pact with Rais" because at that point the tower crew is trying to clean up the 18th floor because of the incident. After getting the Antizin, it will be open again.

Yea, ive been going through and doing everything except for the challenges. I found out that the gun challenges are borked in that if you dont have the ammo type in your inventory, it gives you unlimited ammo for the challenge, but if you already have the ammo type, it uses your actual ammo.
I had ammo for the weapons and it still gave me infinite.

The touchpad shortcut swipping for bringing up the map, skills, and quests works very well. Its not overly sensitive like in FC4.

I see now. Yes, you have to complete the story mission "Pact with Rais" because at that point the tower crew is trying to clean up the 18th floor because of the incident. After getting the Antizin, it will be open again.
Yep, it opened back up for me. :)

just duplicate it. techland left the same weapon dupe glitch that was in dead island in dying light
Oh nice, did not know that.

So who has gotten the reset glitch? Happened to me today. Lost everything, except the story.
I haven't been affected by that. Anyway, the PC stability patch is coming to consoles which does fix the reset glitch.

Anyone found the Super Mario World 1-1 Easter Egg yet? 

I haven't gotten far enough yet myself, but I love Easter Eggs like this and am really excited to see this one for myself. 

I've been completely floored at how much I love this game despite the flaws. Techland has really delivered a genuinely fun game and probably my personal favorite zombie game to date.  

I haven't gotten far enough yet myself, but I love Easter Eggs like this and am really excited to see this one for myself.

I've been completely floored at how much I love this game despite the flaws. Techland has really delivered a genuinely fun game and probably my personal favorite zombie game to date.
I havent found that yet but I did find the Destiny one, and Im definitely enjoying the game a lot more than I though I would. Its a nice stopgap for me until The Order comes out.

I havent found that yet but I did find the Destiny one, and Im definitely enjoying the game a lot more than I though I would. Its a nice stopgap for me until The Order comes out.
I was talking with a co-worker the other day and The Order came up. I had almost forgot that it was coming out at the end of this month. I am definitely excited about checking it out, the PS4 is definitely lacking in the AAA exclusives right now.

A side note with Dying Light. I have also heard you can find The Master Sword for Zelda in the game.

It's a good game but I think it will be second to dead island2
After playing a lot, I have to say the opposite. Honestly, I do not expect much from Yager since the majority of their talent left after Spec Ops. :whistle2:?

That was a nice one. I also enjoyed the throwback to Dead Island's liquor quest. :lol:

After playing a lot, I have to say the opposite. Honestly, I do not expect much from Yager since the majority of their talent left after Spec Ops. :whistle2:?

That was a nice one. I also enjoyed the throwback to Dead Island's liquor quest. :lol:
I've got to agree. I don't think Dead Island 2 will be very good, especially in comparison to Dying Light. I am definitely going to check it out and hope that I am pleasantly surprised like I have been with Dying Light.

The latest patch fixed the only unobtainable trophy in the game (The Whole Story) so I got my plat. I loved every minute I played of Dying Light. :)

Dying Light 'Hard Mode' patch now available

Developer Techland has rolled out a new update for Dying Light that will give fans a few more things to play with while fighting zombies.

First is the titular Hard Mode, a difficulty level enhancing the challenge by making a number of different changes including a night time that lasts twice as long as in normal difficulty, more powerful and hard-to-kill zombies, volatiles who are invisible on the minimap, melee combat precision, and slower health and energy regeneration.

Hard Mode can be turned off and on at any point in the game, and Techland promises this will not be the last set of tweaks they'll make to the challenging difficulty level.

The update will also include some minor gameplay and graphical tweaks and a number of new items, including 20 new outfits, "dozens" of new weapons, and a new weapon rarity level called the Gold tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yM9UuJ9PJI

Dying Light: The Following’s Map Is Twice As Big As The Base Game; Parkour Is Still Essential

2l2hw1.jpg

Last week, Polish developer Techland announced Dying Light: The Following’s release date to be set for February 9, 2016. They also revealed to have been working on an Enhanced Edition of the base game, which will be available on the same day for free to every owner of Dying Light.

We’ve managed to reach Techland in order to learn more details about Dying LIght: The Following, especially since the base game was among the very best releases in 2015. Producer Tymon Smektala was kind enough to reply:

Q: You’ve mentioned in the latest gameplay video that Dying Light: The Following features “a map bigger than all the areas of the original game combined”. How much bigger, though, if you had to guesstimate? 20-25%, perhaps?

A: We haven’t measured the new area exactly. Though a quick look shows us there is enough space to take the 2 main maps from Dying Light and fit them into The Countryside at least twice.

That’s definitely a lot bigger, especially since the two main maps were separated by a loading screen while the new area in Dying Light: The Following should be seamless.

I also had another pressing question regarding the addition of the buggy to this expansion.
Q: As someone who also played Dead Island, the transition from vehicles to parkour in Dying Light made perfect sense. With The Following though, you’re reintroducing vehicles in the mix, and I’m a bit worried that it might disrupt what made parkour so special in the base game. How do you plan to avoid this issue?

A: There are areas of the map where parkour is still essential and a key tool to your survival. We know fans loved the parkour so were making sure it’s still a crucial element. The dirt buggy is something new when it comes to getting around, while parkour will be the familiar favourite which equally has a place in Dying Light: The Following.

This is quite reassuring, as parkour was definitely one of the reasons Dying Light was so successful. Check back tomorrow for our full interview on Dying Light: The Following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQwLi21ZHK0

Learn how to customize your ride in Dying Light: The Following

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PnJQR4hi-U

Techland has sent over a new trailer for Dying Light: The Following that offers a closer look at the expansion’s vehicle customization.

“Your buggy is going to be crucial to surviving out in the open, so we want to create an emotional connection between players and their ride,” explains producer Tymon Smektała. “On top of the lethal weapons and upgrades you’ll be able to add, there are a lot of cool paint jobs, a number of unmistakable bobble heads and little charms to put inside, so you can really make the buggy your own.”

Players will be able to upgrade their buggy with several add-ons, including flamethrowers, UV headlights, ramming bars, and more. As well as this, there’s also the option to customize vehicles with more than 40 unique paint jobs and accessories. Finally, players will be able to modify their buggy’s suspension, engine, brakes, and more for improved performance.

Dying Light: The Following launches February 9th, 2016 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

Anyone pick this up yet? Looks like the expansion has gotten pretty favorable reviews so far.
Started playing it last week. I just bought the OG Dying Light when it was super cheap at Best Buy and had a 20% off coupon for PSN so I used it on the season pass. Love the game thus far. I highly recommend it.

bread's done
Back