Borderlands 2 Diamond Plate Loot Chest In Stock @ Thinkgeek - $99.99

Bezerker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (97%)
Thinkgeek just sent out the email saying that the new Loot Chest is in stock.  Its $99.99 (Save an additional $20 with coupon code RETAILMEDAD) and comes with a lot of good stuff, even for those like me who already have the 1st loot chest:

• Includes:
    Diamond Plate Loot Chest
  • Loot Chest Certificate of Authenticity
  • A rare vacuform Goliath mask w/ SHiFT code that unlocks the head in-game
  • 20 Trading cards with SHiFT codes that unlock Legendary items in game
  • Vault Hunters Wanted Poster
  • Window Decals for Hyperion, Jakobs, Maliwan, and more

[*]Dimensions of Loot Chest: approx. 18" long x 8" deep x 6.25" tall
f497_loot_locker_embed.jpg

Link:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f497/?cpg=54424221&msg_id=54424221&et_rid=930702101&linkid=54424221_image_+f497#tabs

Last edited by a moderator:
Bezerker said:
Thinkgeek just sent out the email saying that the new Loot Chest is in stock. Its $99.99 and comes with a lot of good stuff, even for those like me who already have the 1st loot chest:
I just bought one Thanks dude. I'm glad to not have to pay $200 almost on PlayAsia.com

Thanks so much for posting this OP! I was on the mailing list but it must have went into spam. Last I checked it had est. arrival date of 6/6 and then yesterday changed to 6/18 so I probably would have misses out if it weren't for your topic.

Thanks Berzerker! I missed out on the Ultimate Loot Chest but this looks pretty cool!

Use this code to get $20 off. It'll remove free shipping but I still saved $9.xx total making my order $90.16 shipped.

RETAILMEDAD

I want this so much! I already have the Deluxe Vault Hunter's Edition (and am also too poor at the moment... :() Congrats to all you getting it :D

Thanks Berzerker! I missed out on the Ultimate Loot Chest but this looks pretty cool!

Use this code to get $20 off. It'll remove free shipping but I still saved $9.xx total making my order $90.16 shipped.

[background=#d7eff5]RETAILMEDAD[/background]
Well, that sucks. I just made an order. They said cannot cancel because it was within 30 minutes. It was 35 minutes. I wanted to add that code. :(

Crap, almost forgot about this! Heard about it early January and supposedly had setup a reminder. Thanks for posting OP!

...Now to debate whether I want it.

When it was announced, I really did, but no Marcus Bobblehead = no buy..... (nah, thats just me trying to rationalize this and avoid wasting more money.)

Crap, almost forgot about this! Heard about it early January and supposedly had setup a reminder. Thanks for posting OP!

When it was announced, I really did, but no Marcus Bobblehead = no buy..... (nah, thats just me trying to rationalize this and avoid wasting more money.)
I bought a second one using that Promo Code so I selling the first order on eBay since they wouldn't let me cancel it. Such B.S. that you cannot cancel within 35 minutes. :(

Johnnybeachboy said:
Bought one for $89. Not bad. Paid $20 for the game. Wish I had the steel book.

May buy two to resell one to get original
Buy that bobblehead edition for steelbook and extra content. :)

How many of these do you think they made? I remember it said 5,000 but they removed that from the listing. I bought one anyways. Thanks for the reminder.

I actually did get the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition and considering how little use I've had for what came with it and how little I still play BL2 (I have 30+ keys sitting around), this isn't for me.  

But it's damn neat.

Does anyone know if amz will sell this? I have credit there
I believe it is a ThinkGeek exclusive, so I doubt it.

How many of these do you think they made? I remember it said 5,000 but they removed that from the listing. I bought one anyways. Thanks for the reminder.
Yep, IIRC it was 5,000 only. Nothing says it is limited anymore though, so your guess is as good as mine.

I actually did get the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition and considering how little use I've had for what came with it and how little I still play BL2 (I have 30+ keys sitting around), this isn't for me.

But it's damn neat.
The chest itself is awesome, but what disappointed me is that half the other stuff in this Diamond Edition is nothing more but digital stuff that I could care less about. 20 Legendary Weapons? Yeah, awesome. They will be hacked/duped shortly after release. Goliath Helm? Same thing. So essentially I'm paying $100 for a chest only, and some trees.

Now what gets me is the "Included items could change before release. Check this space before placing order. We'll let you know!".. so uhhh what? What's inside could change at any given time? So for those that have pre-ordered it and apparently can't cancel after the first 30 minutes could either be getting more goodies or perhaps even screwed?

20 legendary items for $100... plus the neat-o chest and helmet, sure.

I would seriously, seriously consider it if I had the $$$.

Wait, the Goliath replica mask is a physical item, right? The picture actually looks like a digital item but the description makes it sound like a physical item w/ a digital code to unlock it in game.

And holy crap! It sold out already? I'm surprised they went through 5000 copies in a few hours.

Wait, the Goliath replica mask is a physical item, right? The picture actually looks like a digital item but the description makes it sound like a physical item w/ a digital code to unlock it in game.

And holy crap! It sold out already? I'm surprised they went through 5000 copies in a few hours.
There are a number of them up on Ebay already. I suspect a good portion of the copies went to flippers/speculators rather than fans or collectors.

I no

I noticed that as well. If we actually get the mask as a physical item, that will be a nice surprise.

Just because it's made/marketed by ThinkGeek as a ThinkGeek exclusive doesn't mean it isn't sold elsewhere. I know a store like "BigBadToyStore" has from time to time carried ThinkGeek exclusives as well.

Also I thought at one point I remember reading that other retailers would be carrying this. Maybe in different colors/styles?

Nice for hardcore fans, not for me. If it had the game included (Even a digital voucher), it'd be a whole different story for me.
Not having the game is a deal breaker? It's like $20 new.

I bought a second one using that Promo Code so I selling the first order on eBay since they wouldn't let me cancel it. Such B.S. that you cannot cancel within 35 minutes. :(
Hey bud, since you are stuck with one extra, unless of course you want to go through paypal; I will buy your extra one for sure.

I missed out, as I added it to my cart and went to check out it said sold out -__- really mad about that.

Let me know!

I'm assuming it is a physical item since it says "Plus In-Game Goliath Head for Characters". What I'm not sure is if it's just some flimsy paper print out or something more.

Damn, so I'm guessing it was limited to 5000. Funny how you end up regretting it once it sells out so fast lol, but it was for the best. I had no use for any of the goodies inside.

Find it odd how they reduced it to 1 per customer, but it ended up selling out already. I'm assuming they probably have more in stock but will announce it at a later date. Similar to the first Chell Portal Gun, otherwise I'm guessing some hardcore Borderland fans that knew about it but didn't realize they would put it up for sale today, probably missed out and will be pissed.

Just because it's made/marketed by ThinkGeek as a ThinkGeek exclusive doesn't mean it isn't sold elsewhere. I know a store like "BigBadToyStore" has from time to time carried ThinkGeek exclusives as well.

Also I thought at one point I remember reading that other retailers would be carrying this. Maybe in different colors/styles?

Nice for hardcore fans, not for me. If it had the game included (Even a digital voucher), it'd be a whole different story for me.
It said that there might be a few sold through forbidden planet and the 2k store. Also depending on how well it sells they might make more to accommodate demand. I expect more to be made just like the neca portal guns.

Because otherwise its just a bunch of ingame items and a few physical ones. I could barely justify a price like that for a series I'm hardcore into (Like Fire Emblem, or Pokemon). Much less so for Borderlands.

I'm not into it to make money, so that makes it fairly worthless to me. (Or much less than 100$ worth)

But it's damn neat.
Use? When have you ever used items from a CE? Their purpose is to be displayed to look pretty, no?

If I had the money I'd buy one just for the Loot Chest and the Physical Mask, considering I only play the game when the new DLC comes out, and I won't play it after the last one in a couple weeks, the digital items don't really appeal to me.  It's definitely cool though.

Missed this!  -.-

Was hesitant at $99...then when I saw the coupon, I was ready to buy.

Hope the second wave comes in soon (and that the code still works).

unlike the borderlans loot edition, this one can be reprinted like a mofo.  So I feel safe that i wont have to pay insane scalper prices.

It now states on the website the expected time is 8/23..

Did anyone who bought the first wave know if that is your expected time as well?

Or is that the ETA for the next wave?  :headache:

I got a shipping confirmation. I would have posted earlier but for some reason I can't reply to posts at work. No arrival date yet as it's in shipping mode.

But it's damn neat.
Use? When have you ever used items from a CE? Their purpose is to be displayed to look pretty, no?
Infamous 2 bag. It was good quality and is quite functional.

[quote name="HydroX" post="10601727" timestamp="1370618717"]
$100 for all this crap and no game? No thanks.[/quote]That's what I was thinking. BL2 has kind of lost its luster now. Though I'm a happy Lootchest owner don't know if I'd spend that much now with it not including the game.

It now states on the website the expected time is 8/23..

Did anyone who bought the first wave know if that is your expected time as well?

Or is that the ETA for the next wave? :headache:
They keep changing that date it seems. It now says 6/7 which would be today... so it might be worth keeping an eye on that page.

The Coupon expires at the end of this month, so hopefully it does come back before that.

bread's done
Back