Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Pre-Order - $40 (Amazon)

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!
Topic says it all. Amazon listed ToS Chronicles for $40 recently. As far as I know, no official price has been announced, so this might be the time to lock in the pre-order price. I feel like releases like this typically go for around $40, and PS4 will be a-buzz by then, but who knows? 

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

For those who didn't know (from IGN): "Currently going under the title of Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, the new edition will bundle the original Tales of Symphonia game along with its 2008 sequel Dawn of the New World, as well as be displayed in HD and contain new content."

Last edited by a moderator:
I needed to spend my $20 credit on something; this seemed to fit the bill. At $20, this is a no-brainer for me. And now I'll stop looking at the prices of other games and subtracting $20 from their price :)

This is seriously the game that's going to make me get a PS3. This is my favorite GC game by far, and my intro drug into the Tales of universe. If there's a limited collector's set, I'll probably preorder regardless of owning a PS3 at the time. (Just for reference, I never EVER do that)

I wonder if this will be the standard price. If so, I might wait since I purchased both Symphonia and the sequel at launch.

Well $40.00 seems like the right price but if it is not then I can see Amazon pulling the old this SKU is no longer available here is the new one at X price....

That being said I will order one and not hold my breath.

Well $40.00 seems like the right price but if it is not then I can see Amazon pulling the old this SKU is no longer available here is the new one at X price....

Good call. I'm going to screen-capture my order.

If you screen capture it, will amazon match it later if they make a new page for the item and it's $60 or something?

If you screen capture it, will amazon match it later if they make a new page for the item and it's $60 or something?
That's what they did with another member when Amazon deleted the page and he showed them his screen capture. I forget the specific game or the specific user, but yeah, Amazon gave him the initial price.

That's what they did with another member when Amazon deleted the page and he showed them his screen capture. I forget the specific game or the specific user, but yeah, Amazon gave him the initial price.
Thanks for the idea! I made three screens of it: one showing it in my orders, and two more of the order details/confirmation page.

Come to think of it, it would be great if Namco could redub Dawn of the New World original cast with the voices from Symphonia, instead of the cast they went with (all the main cast except Colette and Kratos were recast).

Also, the thing that bugged me about DotNW was that second player could play as the original cast if they were in your party, but player one had to be Emil or Marta. Would be nice if they would change that, since the original cast is CLEARLY fully playable in this game.

Definitely going to be picking this up. I'll have hopes for a LE/CE Version, but I wouldn't mind a Pre-Order bonus as well. 

To me it seems highly unlikely this would be anything other than the standard HD Collection $40 upon release next year...Metal Gear was the only one higher than that out of the two dozen or so we've gotten so far, and that was three games that technically did not comprise a trilogy together.

Already have the games for gamecube and wii, but the additional content might be worthwhile.  HD graphics are probably like most of the other remasters which basically do very little but upscale.

Thanks, but I'm personally hoping for a Collector's/Limited Edition of some kind.
It's worth noting that Japan's CE of this went for $100. So we're either looking at the CE being +$60 more than the standard game, or a possible ~$80 CE. My guess is you're going to see a $100 CE though, and I wouldn't be surprised if this thing launched at $60 for the standard.

Just placed a preorder to lock in the price as well. Probably going to cancel it somewhere down the line in favor of the Collectors or Limited edition though. 

I needed to spend my $20 credit on something; this seemed to fit the bill. At $20, this is a no-brainer for me. And now I'll stop looking at the prices of other games and subtracting $20 from their price :)

Did any of you that looked at/preordered this yesterday have it appear today in your personal Gold Box with a 5% discount?

I preordered yesterday and today's offer is $37.99 preorder! More money for Steam cards, er, I mean games :ziplip:

Thanks, but I'm personally hoping for a Collector's/Limited Edition of some kind.
It's worth noting that Japan's CE of this went for $100. So we're either looking at the CE being +$60 more than the standard game, or a possible ~$80 CE. My guess is you're going to see a $100 CE though, and I wouldn't be surprised if this thing launched at $60 for the standard.
Standard is around $70 in Japan, but that really doesn't have much bearing on what it'll cost here. For instance, the Legacy Collection for MGS is going to cost about $80 there, and $50 here.

Thanks.  Eh, those little figures don't do it for me.  If It was a sculpture like the one that is coming like Xilla, i'd probably grab it.  That box is nice though.

i wonder what this will do to the price of the original copies on their respective systems
It's probably going to destroy their value. This is in HD and (in theory) a complete edition. I'd say its time to sell the old copies if you've got them.
I would say keep them and buy this copy. I have a strong feeling they will all hold value / increase.

Not initially, of course, but time will show.

i wonder what this will do to the price of the original copies on their respective systems
It's probably going to destroy their value. This is in HD and (in theory) a complete edition. I'd say its time to sell the old copies if you've got them.
I would say keep them and buy this copy. I have a strong feeling they will all hold value / increase.

Why keep your old copy if you're going to buy this? Why buy this if you're going to keep your old copy? How many copies of the same game do you need? Not trying to be a dick, I just don't understand why you'd want to do this...

I'm not sure what you mean. The first result on Google explains what the LE is and where it's sold. Havoksend seemed to be satisfied with the results...

And I'm with Blaster Man. Prices of HD re-relelases seems to destory values of originals... my PS2 collection can attest to that.:lol:

I always ditch my originals when a HD collection is announced.  Granted, that might not be a great idea with Konami HD collections, but everyone else seems to know how to do them right.  :)

I'm gonna wait to preorder this set.  Definitely getting it day 1, but I don't like to preorder stuff this far in advance unless there's some big advantage to doing so and I believe this is going to be the retail price everywhere.  

I'm glad I never got Symphonia 2. Kinda upset I paid 50 for the original all those years ago, but I guess that's water under the bridge. I doubt I'll be able to stop myself from getting this one.

And maybe if I wish really hard they'll do a Destiny collection.

That $20 credit is a curse! It tormented me until I bit on Bioshock URE at $5 out of pocket I believe. I feel your pain...

[quote name="Blaster man" post="10606045" timestamp="1370750215"][quote name="StryderOmega" post="10606025" timestamp="1370749478"][quote name="Blaster man" post="10606018" timestamp="1370749192"][quote name="NiiNJA" post="10605772" timestamp="1370742571"]
[/quote]
It's probably going to destroy their value. This is in HD and (in theory) a complete edition. I'd say its time to sell the old copies if you've got them.[/quote]
[/quote]Why keep your old copy if you're going to buy this? Why buy this if you're going to keep your old copy? How many copies of the same game do you need? Not trying to be a dick, I just don't understand why you'd want to do this...[/quote]
The way I figure is that this is near the end of the life cycle of the PS3. Hence a probably lower print run / will be a harder game to find in the next couple years. I would assume both originals would retain value (if not at first, give it some time) and the HD collection will also increase in value with scarcity.

Just how I figure it.

I'm not sure what you mean. The first result on Google explains what the LE is and where it's sold. Havoksend seemed to be satisfied with the results...

And I'm with Blaster Man. Prices of HD re-relelases seems to destory values of originals... my PS2 collection can attest to that.:lol:
Strange, cause all I saw on the first page of google were a lot of forums and I didn't want to dig for it more, lol.

bread's done
Back