E3 Discussion

Mako1215

Banned
Didn't see a thread, but talk about what you see.

Right now Killer Instincts has me sold on getting a Xbox One... I've been waiting for this game FOREVER.  

A+++++ for M$.  They finally nailed an E3 conference but there's still the looming shadow of $500 price point and all the DRM.  Sony is going to have one hell of an act to follow though, so I hope for their sake that nothing bad surfaces during the presentation.  Oh and LOL@Dice.  The heckling was awesome and for their guy to say aloud "BE QUIET!" was great.  Get shit on Dice.

Also, TitanFall: holy shit.  That game alone will be a system seller and has me interested for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno...I didn't really see anything to get me excited about Xbox One. Looked like a lotta Sword of Sodan and Willy Beamish to me. I was hoping for Night Trap and Sewer Shark.

A+++++ for M$. They finally nailed an E3 conference but there's still the looming shadow of $500 price point and all the DRM. Sony is going to have one hell of an act to follow though, so I hope for their sake that nothing bad surfaces during the presentation. Oh and LOL@Dice. The heckling was awesome and for their guy to say aloud "BE QUIET!" was great. Get shit on Dice.

Also, TitanFall: holy shit. That game alone will be a system seller and has me interested for sure.
It's also coming on PC

http://www.develop-online.net/news/44404/Respawns-debut-game-Titanfall-exclusive-to-Xbox-and-PC

A+++++ for M$. They finally nailed an E3 conference but there's still the looming shadow of $500 price point and all the DRM. Sony is going to have one hell of an act to follow though, so I hope for their sake that nothing bad surfaces during the presentation. Oh and LOL@Dice. The heckling was awesome and for their guy to say aloud "BE QUIET!" was great. Get shit on Dice.

Also, TitanFall: holy shit. That game alone will be a system seller and has me interested for sure.
Microsoft already blew it with the mainstream media. When you're getting negative articles in USA Today and Forbes about your new system you have a big problem.

All Sony has to do it play it safe and promise not to be Microsoft and they're going to do well.

8th Generation: Same Shit, Higher Resolution

What I really want to see is advances in AI and other ways to play besides shooting people.

Super high launch price, anti-used game DRM, and a conference where 75% of the footage looked like it was the exact same shooting game.  No thank you.

No talks of actual game MSRP kind of worries me... I already don't buy many games anymore at the $60 price tag... I wait for them to drop a lot. 

So much talk about SmartGlass and using the Windows Tablet worries me that some games might try to force those on you. 

Guess I'll have to wait and see what Sony does.

BWAH?! They just said in the presser exclusive to Xbox One. OMFG that's such a relief lol. I hate FPS games on controller, so being able to play on PC is great news. To hell with BF4, TitanFall is the one to get next year IMO.

Some more thoughts:

- Project Spark is what Little Big Planet should have been and is going to be a huge success for M$, without a doubt.

- Below looks awesome as well. The artistry with tilt-shift focus looks really cool.

- MGS V confused me at the start because I thought M$ had nailed an exclusive and it was Ground Zeroes. Turns out it was just a first look at the game lol, but the conference still had a lot of first looks which is important.

BWAH?! They just said in the presser exclusive to Xbox One. OMFG that's such a relief lol. I hate FPS games on controller, so being able to play on PC is great news. To hell with BF4, TitanFall is the one to get next year IMO.

Some more thoughts:

- Project Spark is what Little Big Planet should have been and is going to be a huge success for M$, without a doubt.

- Below looks awesome as well. The artistry with tilt-shift focus looks really cool.

- MGS V confused me at the start because I thought M$ had nailed an exclusive and it was Ground Zeroes. Turns out it was just a first look at the game lol, but the conference still had a lot of first looks which is important.
I was seriously gonna lose my shit if MGS went XBOne exclusive. Got worried when I saw Witcher 3 as well.

$500 is way too high. Last time I spent that  much on a console I got a 3DO.  I still have so much of a backlog of games to play on my X360...Im just gonna stick with the Xbox 360 for quite awhile it seems.

No talks of actual game MSRP kind of worries me... I already don't buy many games anymore at the $60 price tag... I wait for them to drop a lot.

So much talk about SmartGlass and using the Windows Tablet worries me that some games might try to force those on you.

Guess I'll have to wait and see what Sony does.
I'm about to get an iPad 4 so i will have that covered.

The $499 price tag killed me. So that is a no go buy day 1, and I completely didn't notice the no MSRP talk.

I was seriously gonna lose my shit if MGS went XBOne exclusive. Got worried when I saw Witcher 3 as well.
Hehe, with Witcher 3 I already knew it was coming to PC so I thought they were just going to announce exclusive content.

Speaking of, was BF4 the only title with exclusive content the entire presser? I've gotta say mad props to M$ for actually listening to gamers on a number of things because this presser really knocked it out of the park on how to do an E3 conference.

Oh and another thing: now that live gold is playing catchup to PS+ with the two free games a month, I'm wondering how Sony will react if at all. They created the model and now they're pretty much stuck supporting it or else lose face if they alter anything. Could be a sigh of relief as I've already read rumors that the free online is here to stay.

Hehe, with Witcher 3 I already knew it was coming to PC so I thought they were just going to announce exclusive content.

Speaking of, was BF4 the only title with exclusive content the entire presser? I've gotta say mad props to M$ for actually listening to gamers on a number of things because this presser really knocked it out of the park on how to do an E3 conference.

Oh and another thing: now that live gold is playing catchup to PS+ with the two free games a month, I'm wondering how Sony will react if at all. They created the model and now they're pretty much stuck supporting it or else lose face if they alter anything. Could be a sigh of relief as I've already read rumors that the free online is here to stay.
I thought that was a limited time thing??

I like how everything is now 60FPS. Hopefully the new sports games don't have stutter issues! I hate trying to play NBA 2K, and stuttering during a normal play.

I thought that was a limited time thing??
Now that you mention it, they did say starting July 1st through launch date. It would seem fairly stupid to only do this for a limited time and then stop though. He talked about improving the live gold sub, so I took that to mean permanently.

While I was quietly opptimistic about the presser, none of the games really jumped out and said 'First Day must have'..with the price of the console & the DRM issues that aren't going away anytime soon, I think I will pay alot more attention to the PS4 presser to see how that goes...

I was very underwhelmed by the whole thing.  Titan fall looks cool and Dead Rising could be good, but other then that the 500 bones price tag kicked my ass.  I hope Sony does a better job.

I'm really hoping Sony has a better showcase coming.  MS did nothing but make me even more depressed with their exclusives because I still will absolutely not get a Xbox One thanks to their "features".  Sony knows what they need to do against MS and they need to go for the jugglar.  If not, for the first time in my life minus handhelds, I might be going to PC only gaming.

Thankfully, the Xbone doesn't have anything going for it that I really care about so far. I was a bit irritated when they mentioned Plants, but then they showed it as a shooter and I didn't mind anymore. Whew.

Also, I'm seriously skeptical of that Spark game. The idea and presentation they gave today was nice, but so was LBP a few years ago, and I did not like that.

MS had a really good showing. I was impressed with the games they showed off, and them revealing sequels to some older fan-favorites such as Crimson Dragon and Killer Instrinct. From a technical standpoint, I was surprised to hear that BF4 was running at 1080p60. KZ4 can only do 1080p30, which makes me wonder if the X1 is more powerful or something. The $500 was higher than I expected but given how people already spend that much on phones/tablets, it might not be too far off.

Still, all the positives aren't nearly enough to overcome the DRM and used game policy for me.

Sony is gonna have a tough time topping MS though and they're gonna need some big surprises. Hopefully, I'll actually be able to watch all of Sony's press conference.

There were a few gems in the Microsoft conference. I am very hopeful for Project Spark, that looked like it could be really good. And the Capy team's game "Below" definitely looked interesting. I also think that Insomniac's title looked like I could get into it.

Unfortunately, a lot of the rest of the content was the kind of grey-brown hollywood-envy titles that I've been getting sick of. Ryse looked great, but the gameplay did not inspire confidence. It looked like a very basic Quick-Time-em-Up. I don't need more quick-time-event games. Battlefield was very generic, I have no interest there at all. Halo was...Halo. A pre-rendered trailer, and not a particularly inspiring one. Kind of sad, really. The big dissapointment for me was Dead Rising 3. A series known for color and wacky humor is getting the same grey-brown treatment as 90% of the zombie genre.

B- for EA.  Only reason I take off points is because some jackass had an open mic all over the battlefront announcement, NFS Rivals, etc.  Of course they finally fixed it once they started talking about sports.  /yawn

Outside of that though, it felt like a strong showing -- especially finally giving us Mirror's Edge 2 and a look at the new Dragon Age (looks like someone is trying to compete with Skyrim ;)).  The pacing was well done, with the sports kept brief and focusing on what they wanted to say quickly.  So far this E3 is shaping up to be the best in years, perhaps ever.

The best thing I saw from the Microsoft conference was the new Xbox 360. It's not that the redesign was anything spectacular, but it shows that they will still be supporting the system for a few years. 

I really didn't like the EA Conference. It was too focused on numbers and I kind of stopped paying attention.

REALLY excited for mirrors edge 2! Who knows when it'll release though.

I actually liked MS show. All the games they showed looked great. Interested to see how Dead Rising will turn out..seems to have taken a darker tone. Wasn't too surprised by the price. Don't plan on buying any of the next gen consoles at launch anyway since a lot of good titles are coming out on current systems.

The best thing I saw from the Microsoft conference was the new Xbox 360. It's not that the redesign was anything spectacular, but it shows that they will still be supporting the system for a few years.
It's obvious they've been taking notes from Sony. I think they've finally realized that strength is in longevity of the brand and not focusing all your effort on a single platform.

MS had a really good showing. I was impressed with the games they showed off, and them revealing sequels to some older fan-favorites such as Crimson Dragon and Killer Instrinct. From a technical standpoint, I was surprised to hear that BF4 was running at 1080p60. KZ4 can only do 1080p30, which makes me wonder if the X1 is more powerful or something. The $500 was higher than I expected but given how people already spend that much on phones/tablets, it might not be too far off.

Still, all the positives aren't nearly enough to overcome the DRM and used game policy for me.

Sony is gonna have a tough time topping MS though and they're gonna need some big surprises. Hopefully, I'll actually be able to watch all of Sony's press conference.
No, XBone is not more powerful. The only reason KZ: Shadow Fall is at what its at is because BF4 has been designed right from the get go for high end PCs, while KZ was not designed for any kind of final hardware. I can guarantee that future versions of KZ will look better.

Alright folks, now that Spike is done broadcasting it's off to internet streams for the next two pressers of the day.

- Ubisoft 6PM ET/3PM PT

- Sony 9PM ET/6PM PT

GameTrailers - IGN - Sony Ustream

e3_Schedule_MONDAY_v2.png

No, XBone is not more powerful. The only reason KZ: Shadow Fall is at what its at is because BF4 has been designed right from the get go for high end PCs, while KZ was not designed for any kind of final hardware. I can guarantee that future versions of KZ will look better.
I was led to believe that the footage shown was from the X1 version and was running at 60fps... if that is from the PC version, then nevermind what I said earlier.

Well they certainly showed a lot of games, I'll give them that, but somehow aside from Sunset Overdrive I really didn't see anything particularly exciting. Also the $499 price, though what I expected, completely lost any chance I might have had at picking it up at launch. I am glad to see they are continuing support for 360, with the new design and 100+ games in development. Seems I will be sticking with current gen for at least of few years, and I'm totally ok with that :)

C+ for Ubisoft.  Pretty lethargic overall and now that Watch Dogs has had a year to breathe, it felt redundant and certainly overshadowed by The Division.  Anyone else notice it was being played on PS4? :D

The Division looked pretty effing sweet.
Yea it looked cool.

Anyone know how the current scenario might play out:

I buy a Xbox One. I have my GT, and my little brother has his.

We both play on the same console for 6 months, then he goes out, and buys own.

Would moving his GT to his console mean that he has access to zero of my games on the cloud?

(Also how does achievements on the 360/One work. I plan on keeping my 360 to play some games I still have)

The Division looked pretty effing sweet.
Yea it looked cool.

Anyone know how the current scenario might play out:

I buy a Xbox One. I have my GT, and my little brother has his.

We both play on the same console for 6 months, then he goes out, and buys own.

Would moving his GT to his console mean that he has access to zero of my games on the cloud?

(Also how does achievements on the 360/One work. I plan on keeping my 360 to play some games I still have)
Your gamertag and achievements transfer to new consoles. As far as sharing one console, I'm completely confused on that aspect but currently, the sharing part stands at a) you can loan a game once to a "friend" who's on your buddy list for at least 30 days, or b) you can share your "shared library" with up to 10 family members who can access your shared games from any connect console. So, from what I understand, your brother and you would "share" you games because you're family and when he gets his own console, he could continue to share games with you (and has GT/score would carry over, obviously).

As for The Division, I had to look it up since it was mentioned multiple times here and I gotta say, it looks pretty awesome. Around the 3:30 mark, the controlled character pushes the car door close when it's in his way... and then shoots a tire on a car (which deflates the tire and lowers the car) to reveal an opponent's head. Talk about attention to detail.

I think Watch Dogs will be more interesting though... as I don't think these MMOFPSes will work out as nicely in theory.

The part I liked about Division is open world pvp.  The fact you could be out on a mission and someone like me comes out of nowhere to kill you makes me hard.  That sort of risk that if you play online with friends and could be taken out by another group is my forte.

Thank you god sir. All I care about is the family connecting, and being able to access everyones games. 

I can't wait for the clarification on that.

The part I liked about Division is open world pvp. The fact you could be out on a mission and someone like me comes out of nowhere to kill you makes me hard. That sort of risk that if you play online with friends and could be taken out by another group is my forte.
This is how it might start out but in time, there will likely be a handful of really good groups, and a hundreds of groups made up of random people who won't work well together and get demolished by the good groups.

If it does work though, yeah, it'll be pretty sweet. I wonder how the three MMOFPSes will stack up to one another.

Catching up, on E3 though... Mirrors Edge 2 looks like it'll be an awesome game. And I finally saw the MGSV trailer. I was starting tire of the series but the game looks fantastic.

Cross-posting this here:

Just read a rumor that PS4 will have 3 different skus, ranging from $400-$600.  If true, they'll have a huge advantage barring any DRM scheme.

Xbox One is selling out and Amazon is saying they sold through most of their inventory. I saw a thread on this forum with tons of pages of preorders (WHY!!!) ugh.

Sad day for gaming. Microsoft said their 3rd parties love the DRM practices so I really hope this isn't encouraging it to be on the PS4.

Xbox One is selling out and Amazon is saying they sold through most of their inventory. I saw a thread on this forum with tons of pages of preorders (WHY!!!) ugh.

Sad day for gaming. Microsoft said their 3rd parties love the DRM practices so I really hope this isn't encouraging it to be on the PS4.
I don't think this is all that surprising. It's a new console and all the current 360 owners are likely moving on. But lets see what happens when people get their systems, open them, and start playing them and then start dealing with the DRM, used game restrictions and sharing requirements. Remember, the PS4 sold out at launch too and wasn't easily found for a month or two. Hell, even the Wii U sold out prior to launch.

Isn't it time for the Sony conference? It's 8:10 CST...

EDIT* Appearantly, Sony's a bit late setting things up.

bread's done
Back