DEAD Last of Us Survival Edition in stock at Best Buy

Damn it, I wish this was gamestop. I have $53 down for Gamestop and a $10 off coupon. Does anyone know if Gamestop sells best buy gift cards? I could convert my credit to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured this would go quick, as I'm sure it was CC cancels, ect. I was able to get in at GS last week before they sold out, so I skipped on this deal so others could get in on it.

Ugghhh...bastards.  My regular copy already shipped otherwise I would cancel it get my rewards certz back and order this instead.

Placed an order as well. Thanks OP!

Curious to see if it goes through. For whatever reason, my PS4 pre-order with Best Buy had already been canceled... so it's not looking good. XD

Placed an order as well. Thanks OP!

Curious to see if it goes through. For whatever reason, my PS4 pre-order with Best Buy had already been canceled... so it's not looking good. XD

Hey, if they want to offer a preorder, cancel it, then give me $50 for their screw up, I'm all for it.

Just ordered! A little bit wary since my original pre-order (made months ago) was abruptly cancelled over the weekend. Spent an hour on the phone with various CS reps trying to figure out what happened; their response was basically, "You're screwed, dude"; BUT, I was given a $25 gift card and also an additional $10 credit over email. So, combined with the $20 pre-order bonus, this will actually be a pretty good deal for me--IF it goes through! But thanks OP for calling attention to this: I had all but given up on BB and have been refreshing Amazon and GS for the past couple of days.

Come on BestBuy make up your mind. Do you want me to buy the game or not? You've cancelled my preorder twice and I have checked your website 5 minutes late both times your selling the Survival Edition today.

Okay, um...I'm not really one to point fingers, but this really shouldn't have been posted here because it was apparently meant for those whose preorders were suddenly cancelled. This is from a mod on the BBY forums:

We created this link for this product on BestBuy.com in an effort to begin working with customers internally to replace the orders that were recently cancelled. It was not meant to be circulated as it was, which has now added to the previous issues we were experiencing.

We are working diligently to resolve this, and I would like to sincerely apologize for the delay in this process. I appreciate your continued patience as we work through this, and we will keep you updated.
I mean, I didn't know if I was supposed to reorder my Survival Edition on BBY.com, but now it looks like their original solution won't pan out. I hope this doesn't mean that one of you is getting the Survival Edition I initially preordered... :cry:

If you touch the guy's face on the page, his face cryptically changes...why?

Okay, um...I'm not really one to point fingers, but this really shouldn't have been posted here because it was apparently meant for those whose preorders were suddenly cancelled. This is from a mod on the BBY forums:

We created this link for this product on BestBuy.com in an effort to begin working with customers internally to replace the orders that were recently cancelled. It was not meant to be circulated as it was, which has now added to the previous issues we were experiencing.

We are working diligently to resolve this, and I would like to sincerely apologize for the delay in this process. I appreciate your continued patience as we work through this, and we will keep you updated.
I mean, I didn't know if I was supposed to reorder my Survival Edition on BBY.com, but now it looks like their original solution won't pan out. I hope this doesn't mean that one of you is getting the Survival Edition I initially preordered... :cry:
That's EXACTLY what happened with Namco and Digital River over the Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition. Someone "leaked" the Customer Service link intended for use of getting cancelled Pre-orders back, which resulted in people able to order the game 2 days before launch and get them, while people who had their orders cancelled from DR's own incompetence, were boned. I'm sorry it happened again with The Last of Us and it looks like Best Buy is actually trying to correct it rather than saying "Oh well, here's 20% and a free guide"

I know it isn't Best Buy exactly, but Amazon has stopped taking pre-orders for this too. Likely meaning they are in the process of being shipped out rather soonish.

i know this might be useless info, but a rep working at customer service at bestbuy told me, if you really want the surivial edition, and your ordered had been cancelled. you can try you luck on release date to get the surivial edition.

Ugh, didn't realize this edition qualified for the bonus $20! I have had this preordered at GS since the beginning of the year but would have gladly switched over to BBY. Oh well.

i know this might be useless info, but a rep working at customer service at bestbuy told me, if you really want the surivial edition, and your ordered had been cancelled. you can try you luck on release date to get the surivial edition. They sometimes orders extra.
lol, i accidently quoted myself.

As mentioned, my pre-order was one of those that was cancelled; managed to place another order around noon, and (thankfully) it's now listed as shipped.

But I didn't recieve any sort of notification and wouldn't have known about this opportunity had I not checked CAG. So thanks again OP.

As mentioned, my pre-order was one of those that was cancelled; managed to place another order around noon, and (thankfully) it's now listed as shipped.

But I didn't recieve any sort of notification and wouldn't have known about this opportunity had I not checked CAG. So thanks again OP.

Interesting. I wonder if they manually checked these new round of orders.

Interesting. I wonder if they manually checked these new round of orders.
I don't think Best Buy checked.

I'm guessing notung just go lucky.
My order from a few months back was accidentally cancelled by Best Buy.

I placed an order earlier today and that was also cancelled.

Seems like Best Buy is trying to fix this situation though...
Hopefully, this problem is fixed before the game is released.

Just got an automatic order confirmation from Best Buy for the Last of Us Survival Edition.

The total is 0.00.

Not sure if it is really free or if Best Buy is toying with me.

bread's done
Back