Turtle Beach X12 $32.99 with GCU Promo.

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
This headset is supposed to work with PS3 and PC as well, right? Trying to find a headset that'll work with consoles and PC (hopefully next-gen, too).

This headset is supposed to work with PS3 and PC as well, right? Trying to find a headset that'll work with consoles and PC (hopefully next-gen, too).
They all pretty much do. Next gen is going to be based off how the system is coded and is impossible to predict. However, it would be stupid if they removed / blocked past gen stuff.

with this price i might actually buy the x12s 

i had my x11 with the dss for a long time now. do you think its worth the upgrade from x11 to the 12? cause before the announcement of the new consoles i was willing to buy some astros but now i just want an affordable upgrad from the my x11 with the DSS.

This headset work's fine with PC, as well as any console, has a the universal earphone plug if you choose to wire it that way. Word of advice, I would suggest hooking it up to the television directly, I have it hooked up using my DSS (Which can be picked up separately for REALLY cheap) and so it works with anything that goes through my TV. So while it may not be compatible with the Xbox One or with the PS4 chat wise, it it works in every other aspect. Apparently the $12 off gamers club offer last's another week or so, but the current sale price I don't know. If one of you DOES go in store to buy these, have them scan the gamers club unlocked pamphlet as well as the X12 (or whatever they scan for the membership) to see if it comes up free.

Last edited by a moderator:
also wondering how this would work on the ps3 as in just the headphone component, not really concerned about mic.  I have the x11's and not sure how to get ps3 audio working with it

Tried to ring it up. The system makes you chose one discount or the other ($15 or $12). No stacking unless supervisors get involved, I think. Will try my luck again tomorrow, if someone's able to confirm success of some sort, or confirm that supervisors can override the "choice" and apply both. And it is the unlocked membership.

They all pretty much do. Next gen is going to be based off how the system is coded and is impossible to predict. However, it would be stupid if they removed / blocked past gen stuff.
Thanks, it may be a good inexpensive headset to pick up then. Either this, or the Gamecom 780, but it's only PC, sadly.

X12's do not work with ps3 so if thats why your buying them then don't bother.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-headsets/ear-force-x12/56

Get these if you want a ps3(possibly ps4?) headset

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/ps3-headsets/ear-force-p11/46
I have said before, the p11's are fragile little thing's and snap quite easily. Also you are wrong in that they don't work with a ps3, they do, except not directly like I had mentioned before. I have my Turtle beaches hooked up to my TV through a digital optical cable, so if your ps3 has a optical port, the headset will work, the benefit of me having it hooked up to my tv is that it work's with EVERYTHING, every system I play I get fantastic sound and you would be suprised how great some old games sound with it. (Requires a DSS for the conversion to optical, otherwise you have a straight headphone jack. But like I said before they can be found very cheaply second hand) The reason it is not listed as supported is that the MICROPHONE does not work with a play station.

Tried to ring it up. The system makes you chose one discount or the other ($15 or $12). No stacking unless supervisors get involved, I think. Will try my luck again tomorrow, if someone's able to confirm success of some sort, or confirm that supervisors can override the "choice" and apply both. And it is the unlocked membership.
OK so the problem is that the system in store has not been updated with the sale price, the $32 price work's fine through the site, and you should point that out to them in store, if anything you can buy online and do in store pick up (If you don't care for the renewal of GCU, but then you miss out on some b2g1 coupon's and etc).

OK so the problem is that the system in store has not been updated with the sale price, the $32 price work's fine through the site, and you should point that out to them in store, if anything you can buy online and do in store pick up (If you don't care for the renewal of GCU, but then you miss out on some b2g1 coupon's and etc).
Alright cool. Hmmm...now that I think about it, it might've been the year of GCU causing the problem. The offer states that you have to spend over 40 to get the free year, so when the system scans the coupon (the cashier has to scan the free year and headset first I believe), it automatically tries to keep the total over 40 instead of dropping it to 32. The headset originally rang up as 45 and jumped to 48 the first time around. I'll go back in today to check it out.

X12's do not work with ps3 so if thats why your buying them then don't bother.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-headsets/ear-force-x12/56

Get these if you want a ps3(possibly ps4?) headset

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/ps3-headsets/ear-force-p11/46
I have said before, the p11's are fragile little thing's and snap quite easily. Also you are wrong in that they don't work with a ps3, they do, except not directly like I had mentioned before. I have my Turtle beaches hooked up to my TV through a digital optical cable, so if your ps3 has a optical port, the headset will work, the benefit of me having it hooked up to my tv is that it work's with EVERYTHING, every system I play I get fantastic sound and you would be suprised how great some old games sound with it. (Requires a DSS for the conversion to optical, otherwise you have a straight headphone jack. But like I said before they can be found very cheaply second hand) The reason it is not listed as supported is that the MICROPHONE does not work with a play station.
That's the entire reason for getting a headset, there are much better alternatives for people who just want headphones.

Meh, think I'll pass on this one.  I already have an X12.  The thing's great, but I wish I could just have a USB wired charger with a lithium ion battery instead of just using regular rechargeable alkalines all the time.  It gets kinda annoying after awhile.

bread's done
Back