* * * * - 4 votes

CAGcast #327: The E3 2013 Authentication Free, Digital Deluxe Edition

e3 2013 cagcast cheapyd wombat shipwreck podcast xbox one playstation 4 ps4

#91 JMClarkent   The Wolf CAGiversary!   501 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

[quote name="Old Dead Tree" post="10851749" timestamp="1371931178"]Cheapy, dude, you've become Koreans more unlikable. Super smug, super apathetic.

In English please...

But you make a good point somewhere in there. Cheapy is biased toward his favorite products. Just like many of us have our favorite products. He has Cagcast to express them and that is his entrepreneurial right to share them. I don't always agree with Cheapy, but if I did, I would record myself and listen to myself.

Furthermore, Cheapy D is not turning Korean. It think he is turning Japanese. I really think so... :)

My hope is that it was auto-corrected from "Karate-Man", as they tend to bleed on the "inside".

Summary:

3 Xbots trying their hardest to defend Microsoft...

Sweet. The cheap lame hate is even coming to CAG! LOVE IT!

There is little worse than a console launch on the internet.

#92 hufferstl   Get your symbols kid CAGiversary!   2549 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

I know a lot you will never believe it, but I would rather be able to share my games with my friends, than have the ability to play used games.  Also, the instant-play options(because games were mandatory installs) was a very valuable feature to me, that is also presumably gone because of all the changes.

I'm all for a console world that only needs discs because you don't want to download a 20 gig game over your broadband(no matter how fast that is).

Also, I am pretty sure that I haven't lost internet connnectivity for more than 24 hours once in the last 5 years.  I understand that others do not have this ability, and it sucks  -  but due to all the changes, I am actually LESS excited for the XBox One than I was after the first press conference.  

I definitely wouldn't buy one in the first 12 months anyway, but I am less excited about it because they backtracked on their vision for what Next-Gen could be.

#93 lowgear26   Marriage Kills CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

lowgear26

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Time stamp 23:40 - Does Cheapy honestly believe that Microsoft simply tried to make a product that gamers would like, but that they are now listening to the complaints and changing? His sarcastic diatribe stank of Microsoft apologism to a disgusting degree.

Ok Cheapy, so these "regular people like you and me who have a job to do and go to an office everyday" thought that us gamers would just love to not be able to play used games? Oh yea, we all just love that. Wow sarcasm is fun. 

Please tell me about the Microsoft meetings where someone brought up the complete elimination of used games, and how that somehow HELPS or IMPROVES any gamers' experience. Please tell me how that makes their product better. Please tell me how that makes any part of my gaming experience better. 

Heres a comically extreme analogy to your ridiculous comments; if a political party or candidate came out and announced that they have a new plan to exterminate everyone named David, but then noticed an enthusiastic protest to that statement, and then recanted, saying; ok we wont kill all the Davids, would your faith in that candidate be fully restored? I think not. 

We cannot just simply forget that Microsoft truly did try to destroy a facet of gaming and gaming economics that someone like me truly appreciates and enjoys. The dead horse is beaten, but the bottom line is that I am not alone when I say that if I knew I could not freely trade in my used games, that I would simply buy far less games to begin with. I will not purchase the Xbox One accordingly. Microsoft's attitude offended me, and they have some serious ground to make up before I would even consider purchasing their product.

threatening genocide now = DRM on Consoles??????

#94 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70086 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

https://twitter.com/...950673733341184

Cheapy says we're being unreasonable. It would probably be a good idea to respond to us in person on your own website rather than badmouth us behind our backs.

#95 Sonne   The U CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:08 AM

Screw you, Cheapy. Just because a mobile game isn't coming out on your precious Apple devices doesn't mean that the listeners weren't interested in hearing Wombat's impressions of Halo: Spartan Ops. Dick move shutting him up.

Quoted to basically "re-tweet" this. I was interested in hearing about this too after hearing about it on the Giant Bombcast, I wanted to see their take on it. 

As for all of this going on here, if you don't like what you've been hearing lately, then don't.

I just get the impression that our three hosts' lives are sort of drifting away from where most of the listeners are. Soon, it will be three fathers who for the most part try to get in gaming when they can, and who will stick to the games they like. Forza, Borderlands and Elder Scrolls. There is nothing really wrong with that, but that's just where this show is trending. I love the site and all, but I find myself listening to Giant Bomb more, considering that they give all games a fair shake for the most part, as dismissive as they can be sometimes. They at least give new games some time.

Cheapy really shouldn't be taking this thread personally, which as much as he will deny it, it seems as he is.

#96 lowgear26   Marriage Kills CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

lowgear26

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

Most people are acting fucking crazy about this though. Look at the hate. People give Sony a pass because they are so focused on Microsoft bringing down Civilizations with their next-gen consoles.

The console will be sold out early, it will continue to sell well down the line because Microsoft is great at marketing and its going to be a quality unit. 

I don't blame Cheapy at all. The podcast is there for opinions and crazy nerds come to attack him for his opinions. In general, some of the people on here are spoiled fucking babies because they aren't told what they want to hear on certain subjects.

#97 SeanAmI   No you cannot CAGiversary!   2155 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

Cheapy says we're being unreasonable. It would probably be a good idea to respond to us in person on your own website rather than badmouth us behind our backs.

It's just fishing for people to respond that they agree with him.

People are unreasonable to have concerns about the policies of a company that has been subject to an anti-trust suit in the US and has had cases against them in Europe for anti-consumer policies.

#98 24thdoor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

24thdoor

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

How is Cheapy's public Twitter feed behind anyone's back? Who in the hell would follow him besides people who use the site? By the way, he's right.

#99 warmonked   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

I would've been totally fine w/ MS's DRM scheme IF it meant better pricing for downloadable games. The problem is MS has given me no reason to believe that they would've actually provided lower pricing on the Xbox marketplace. They barely have sales now, and the sales they do have are terrible.

The complaining about the always-connected is overblown. We all have internet. We all would've been fine. Yes, those few in the military would've gotten screwed.

#100 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70086 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

How is Cheapy's public Twitter feed behind anyone's back? Who in the hell would follow him besides people who use the site? By the way, he's right.

Because this is his site and his podcast, but he refuses to respond to any of the good points being made here and would rather deflect criticism by posting about it on Twitter. I'm sure some people here are being unreasonable, but that doesn't mean that we're all acting that way and deserve our points be dismissed so easily.

#101 hufferstl   Get your symbols kid CAGiversary!   2549 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:37 AM

Maybe it isn't that he is refusing to reply, but he just doesn't see the point in replying to your "good points".

I think its time you quit following him if you are actually hurt that his opinion doesn't match your opinion.

#102 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70086 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

Maybe it isn't that he is refusing to reply, but he just doesn't see the point in replying to your "good points".

I think its time you quit following him if you are actually hurt that his opinion doesn't match your opinion.

I'm not hurt by his opinion. I want to hear him explain his thoughts in more detail than he can on the show. This is a forum. It's a place for people to discuss their opinions in a reasonable and thoughtful manner. I don't think it's unreasonable to hope that he's willing to use it to further talk about his opinions on the topic so that we can better understand where he's coming from.

#103 TheAggroCraig   Hummus! CAGiversary!   1434 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TheAggroCraig

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

I'm not hurt by his opinion. I want to hear him explain his thoughts in more detail than he can on the show. This is a forum. It's a place for people to discuss their opinions in a reasonable and thoughtful manner. I don't think it's unreasonable to hope that he's willing to use it to further talk about his opinions on the topic so that we can better understand where he's coming from.

Because internet arguments over something as silly as the Xbox One is a pointless waste of time.

#104 bingbangboom   The BOSS CAGiversary!   1170 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

bingbangboom

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

Great show as always.

I am in a weird spot because I know how some stores can struggle without used game sales. I used to have a video game store and that was the only way to make any sort of money. The truth is that the entire industry should not be built that way. Period.

On all fronts, Publishers, Developers, Retail, it is just a bad industry to be in. I also know the reason they put the DRM in is because of so many consoles being compromised. I know people that have two Xbox 360's, one for multiplayer and one for everything else. Not only do they play the single player games on that hacked system, they also download ALL the DLC for these games.

The always online functionality is one that will be used to limit that in the future as majority of the AAA games come out move to a significant online incorporation. Look at Titanfall and Destiny as examples. We are our own worse enemy in this case. Everyone wants money and thus drives up the price of games. $60 is too much for 80% of the games coming out yet almost every game comes out at that price. People are assholes and will pirate and steal (then complain or praise a company even though they didn't pay for anything).

#105 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70086 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:21 AM

Because internet arguments over something as silly as the Xbox One is a pointless waste of time.

It doesn't need to be an argument. I don't know how it would be a waste of time to try to address the quality criticism now so that the next show isn't dominated by it.

#106 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16711 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

I just want to say that this is the first cagcast I've ever listened to and I was enthralled by CheapyD's unexpected voice.  I'm sure everyone says that their first time though.

Also, controversy?

#107 zebwinz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

Just wanted to say that I love video games. I am buying both next gen consoles so that I may play ALL the video games. That is all.

#108 Poorleno   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Poorleno

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

Gamers getting a tad too upset over video games, who would've thought it.

Just wanted to say that I love video games. I am buying both next gen consoles so that I may play ALL the video games. That is all.

Hey! You're not supposed to like the Xbox One, it's literally worse than Hitler! Maybe even worse than talking to the homeless, even though that is pretty bad.

#109 mwmike11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

mwmike11

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:44 AM

Honestly, it's this internet outrage that I don't get. You guys DO know these are video games, right? Since when are OPINIONS on video games wrong? Personally, I plan on getting the Xbox One eventually, but definitely not at launch. It has nothing to do with whether it is better than PS4. At this point, until we get our hands on it, that is irrelevant. From what I've seen so far, and what I've seen of PS3, there just isn't any reason for me to get the PS4. The games they have shown so far just have not moved the needle for me. The same argument can be made for X1, sure, but the eventual exclusives that will undoubtedly come out for it interest me more and I love that controller.

Yes, the $500 price tag makes sense for the Xbox One, since it is bundled with Kinect 2.0. Whether it is mandatory or not is irrelevant, that is the one that is bundled and is coming out right now. Besides, I think they mentioned earlier that it was required to work. Not sure why, but it is. Maybe that will get redacted, too, who knows. The point is, the Xbox One is coming with an extra piece of equipment, so it is going to have a higher price tag. Simple economics there. Do I agree that it should be required or bundled? Of course not, I don't care at all about the Kinect or movement gaming.

Seriously guys, you are going to bash the guys that bring us quality gaming entertainment every week? On their own site? Do I agree with everything they say or do? Of course not. Yes, Cheapy can be a bit of an ass sometimes, but so can Wombat and Shipwreck. So can every one of us. That's what makes us people. Seriously guys, chill the hell out. We are talking about video games. This should be an exciting time for all of us: we are entering a new console generation!

On a side note, surprised none of you guys mentioned that we are getting Fable Anniversary this year!!

#110 Curufinwe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1081 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

I love when people post on Videogame forums to tell other people that posting on Videogame forums is a waste of time.

#111 desz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

Because this is his site and his podcast, but he refuses to respond to any of the good points being made here and would rather deflect criticism by posting about it on Twitter. I'm sure some people here are being unreasonable, but that doesn't mean that we're all acting that way and deserve our points be dismissed so easily.

Calm the heck down, Frisky. He's probably saving it for the show. I'm surprised that you're surprised by his comments on the show. I mean look at CAG, it's Xbox colored.

I'm surprised that nobody is jumping on Wombat for almost getting away without mentioning that he pre-ordered an xbox one on the show. He didn't pre-order the $100 cheaper PS4 why again? And to top it off, he continues to complain about the lack of an Xbox One headset bundled in the system. Just get a PS4, Wombizie.

#112 Sonne   The U CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:09 AM

Calm the heck down, Frisky. He's probably saving it for the show. I'm surprised that you're surprised by his comments on the show. I mean look at CAG, it's Xbox colored.

I'm surprised that nobody is jumping on Wombat for almost getting away without mentioning that he pre-ordered an xbox one on the show. He didn't pre-order the $100 cheaper PS4 why again?

Something tells me a lot of people aren't going to be happy with what he has to say.

In regards to the pre-order, he pre-ordered it because it's the console he wants and is probably going to actually use.

Americans in general lean to Xbox, Giant Bomb is the same way. I lean to Sony, but I listen to these podcasts. If one were to want a Sony leaning podcast, they'd listen to Greg Miller and Podcast Beyond...who am I kidding? No one wants to listen to that shit.

#113 mwmike11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

mwmike11

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

Something tells me a lot of people aren't going to be happy with what he has to say.

In regards to the pre-order, he pre-ordered it because it's the console he wants and is probably going to actually use.

Americans in general lean to Xbox, Giant Bomb is the same way. I lean to Sony, but I listen to these podcasts. If one were to want a Sony leaning podcast, they'd listen to Greg Miller and Podcast Beyond...who am I kidding? No one wants to listen to that shit.

If I recall, none of the guys really use their PS3s that much, so it would make sense for them to lean Xbox. That is where the games they want are. Not really saying anything about the consoles or the person owning or playing the console. That is their console of choice. That's what this is all about, choice. Glad to see there are some levelheaded people here still. lol

#114 lowgear26   Marriage Kills CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

lowgear26

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

If you buy an Xbox you don't care about Gamers

If you buy a can of Tuna fish, you don't care about dolphins.

If you don't support same sex marriage then you are a bigot.

All these arguments are about the same and come from certain groups of people that want tolerance for their idea or product and don't allow you to believe what they don't.

#115 cheapbrokegamer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

cheapbrokegamer

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

I'm gonna buy a Xbox1 and a PS4.  I already own a xbox 360, ps3, wii, wii u, 3ds, vita (used to, I sold that shiet once I actually tried the games on it), and an ipad.  

But there is no way in hell I am buying an Ouya, that thing is a piece of shiet.

#116 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70086 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

I'm surprised that nobody is jumping on Wombat for almost getting away without mentioning that he pre-ordered an xbox one on the show. He didn't pre-order the $100 cheaper PS4 why again?

I've never not been calm when posting in this thread, so you need to calm the heck down yourself. I don't think I've said that I was surprised by anything he said. I'd just appreciate a more thorough and thoughtful explanation of his opinion since it seems like he mixes in his thoughts as a businessman and a gamer, which clashes due to the biases that both create.

Cheapy could just buy him a PS4 for his birthday like he did with the PS3 if he doesn't get around to it himself.

http://www.cheapassg...ay-pachtacular/

#117 Tumbler360   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Tumbler360

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:45 AM

I'm 99% sure I'm going to buy a PS4, got my preorder in, looking forward to BF4 and Watchdogs, but the 180 is at about 1% chance of purchase right now. Not only does the One cost more/comes with Kinect I'd only consider buying it in addition to the PS4 so it's like I'd be spending $1000 to play any of the 180 games. I can't say any of those games get me that excited. I'm good with $400 for some of the PS4 games and the system in general but $1000 to play Titanfall? I'll just play it on my PC.

Based on the pitch they've made (MS) I'd be shocked if the 180 sells out. It's possible people will be so blown away by nex gen games that after the ps4 sells out they'll take a 180 home out of desperation but I don't think the Multiplatform games like Watchdogs and BF4 will be THAT good.

#118 GameSmacker   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   55 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

GameSmacker

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

Didn't see the fuss to begin with and still don't see it now, I'll be getting an Xbox One on day one if possible. I deal with Steam on my computer so I didn't see the problem with a similar Xbox One interface and I don't deal in used console games, I just wait for discounts on new games usually which happens pretty regularly.

I prefer the Xbox controller as well as their UI and online experience. Also prefer the Xbox exclusives. Will probably get some fun out of the new Kinect if it's as good as they say it is.

Honestly a lot of the Xbox One hate sounds like Apple hate, rather pathetic and not likely to apply to the vast majority of consumers. 

#119 Sonne   The U CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

Didn't see the fuss to begin with and still don't see it now, I'll be getting an Xbox One on day one if possible. I deal with Steam on my computer so I didn't see the problem with a similar Xbox One interface and I don't deal in used console games, I just wait for discounts on new games usually which happens pretty regularly.

I prefer the Xbox controller as well as their UI and online experience. Also prefer the Xbox exclusives. Will probably get some fun out of the new Kinect if it's as good as they say it is.

Honestly a lot of the Xbox One hate sounds like Apple hate, rather pathetic and not likely to apply to the vast majority of consumers. 

The controller does look sexy. I'd get one for my PC if they go that route.

The thing about Apple to me isn't the company as much as its fanboys and the demeanor that if I don't have an iPhone, I'm stupid because I have stupid Android. It's the same thing with the consoles, if I want to get something that isn't like yours, you shouldn't bash me for it just because you don't understand the advantages. Cheapy does this a lot with the "Who gives a Fuck about shitty Android, just get Apple TV, iPad, iWatch, etc..." comments that aren't really too tactful.

But whatever, that's him. Cheapy is out of touch, Wombat tells awful jokes and Shipwreck is a nerd. If they didn't have personalities they wouldn't be "personalities". 

#120 metallicoholic   Metal 'Til I'm 60 CAGiversary!   1220 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

metallicoholic

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

Is it bad that the Wii-U is so forgotten that it can't even stir up Internet rage like the Xbox One and PS4? I mean, come on Nintendo, add some DRM or ban used games. Something!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: e3 2013, cagcast, cheapyd, wombat, shipwreck, podcast, xbox one, playstation 4, ps4