Animal Crossing - New Leaf: $30.25 + Free S&H

My daughter wants this.  So do I buy now and hold it till Christmas or wait and hope it's cheaper later on?  I still have to buy a 3DS also.

My daughter wants this. So do I buy now and hold it till Christmas or wait and hope it's cheaper later on? I still have to buy a 3DS also.
It may be bundled with a 3DS down the line as a store holiday promo. However, I doubt you'll see a significantly lower price than this - maybe a couple bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter wants this. So do I buy now and hold it till Christmas or wait and hope it's cheaper later on? I still have to buy a 3DS also.
There will certainly be more sales once the holiday season ramps up but I would expect it to bottom out at $30 outside of black Friday.

It may be bundled with a 3DS down the line. However, I doubt you'll see a significantly lower price than this - maybe a couple bucks.
It already has been. ;)

Crap, I think I threw the bag out with my Walmart receipt (from last week).  Would've bought a copy here and returned the sealed one to Walmart.  :l

I literally ordered a copy from Amazon 2 days ago for my fiance. It's out for delivery right now. Not gonna bother returning over $5 but come on Amazon, really?

Will they do that? I don't want to potentially be banned or whatever

Yeah I just looked it up, they don't price adjust anymore, they ended that policy in 2008
People've done it since then, I'm sure. I've heard of numerous people calling customer service and getting a price adjustment on a shipped item. Worth a shot imo. Amazon's customer service is pretty courteous.

People've done it since then, I'm sure. I've heard of numerous people calling customer service and getting a price adjustment on a shipped item. Worth a shot imo. Amazon's customer service is pretty courteous.
It's YMMV and if it hasn't been delivered yet that's your best shot. Again, worst that will happen is that they say no.

Well, that was easy. I just asked if I could get the new price since it hasn't been delivered. The person took a couple minutes and said they issued the refund.

Thanks guys! And thanks OP!

Will Target price-match this price? I have a few gift cards to spend there.
Yup, just did it. However, they do reference the actual URL via an in-store iPad (aka. don't bother printing out the Amazon page), so don't wait too long or Amazon my increase the price.

Also, for those of you wanting to use the Target Giftcard purchased via yesterday's Groupon deal, remember that you can only use one per customer/transaction.

Yup, just did it. However, they do reference the actual URL via an in-store iPad (aka. don't bother printing out the Amazon page), so don't wait too long or Amazon my increase the price.

Also, for those of you wanting to use the Target Giftcard purchased via yesterday's Groupon deal, remember that you can only use one per customer/transaction.
Hrm, $25 Animal Crossing (considering what I put into the gift card) is tempting.

...nah, I'll pass tho - I'm pretty full-up on portable games right now anyway and SMT4 is right around the corner.

thanks!  been fighting with a purchase on this for a couple weeks now since i have a bit of a backlog, but this is good enough to push me over ;)

Oh god, I just ordered DKCR3D but I really want this too. I'm gonna go into the poorhouse just to virtually go into the poorhouse.

Went ahead and ordered it. It's selling so well that it might take a LONG time for Nintendo to lower the price, I'll be kicking myself if I see it somewhere for $20 down the road but I might as well get it now, I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Oh wow, that's an awesome price thanks. I've been stalking AWD waiting for the next copy to show up but under $27 is good enough for a new copy.

bread's done
Back