3DS games on sale @ Walmart & Amazon | Animal Crossing New Leaf ($22.96),Donkey Kong Country Returns ($28.72),Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon ($30.82),etc.

paperkut

CAGiversary!
3DS games on sale @ Walmart

Animal Crossing New Leaf ($22.96 - OoS Online)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Animal-Crossing-New-Leaf-Nintendo-3DS/23808099

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D ($28.72)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Donkey-Kong-Country-Returns-3D-Nintendo-3DS/23704072

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon ($30.82)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Luigi-s-Mansion-Dark-Moon-Nintendo-3DS/23001144

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate ($27.25 - OoS Online)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Monster-Hunter-3-Ultimate-Nintendo-3DS/21836755

Additions from abbabaab (Thanks!):

Mario Kart 7 $30.12

Super Mario 3D Land $29.65

New Super Mario Bros. 2 $29.78

Paper Mario Sticker Star $29.34

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity $29.96

There were a few others, too, like Scribblenauts Unlimited and Lego City Undercover (both 3DS) for around $20 each.
Amazon PMs:

Animal Crossing New Leaf ($24.15 - sold by amazon - ships in 2-3 weeks) http://www.amazon.com/Animal-Crossing-New-Leaf-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B0053BCML6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372542845&sr=8-1&keywords=animal+crossing

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D ($28.72) http://www.amazon.com/Donkey-Kong-Country-Returns-nintendo-3ds/dp/B00BQI3UQG/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1372542866&sr=1-3&keywords=donkey+kong+country

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon ($30.85 - sold by amazon - ships in 2-3 weeks) http://www.amazon.com/Luigis-Mansion-Dark-Moon-nintendo-3ds/dp/B0053BCP40/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1372542883&sr=1-1&keywords=Luigi%27s+Mansion%3A+Dark+Moon

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate ($27.25 - sold by amazon - ships in 2-4 weeks) http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunter-3-Ultimate-nintendo-3ds/dp/B009B1D7JK/ref=sr_1_1_title_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1372542894&sr=1-1&keywords=Monster+Hunter+3+Ultimate
Mario Kart 7 ($30.12) http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Kart-7-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B0053BCO00/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1372542907&sr=1-1&keywords=Mario+Kart+7

Super Mario 3D Land ($29.65) http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-3D-Land-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B002I092MM/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1372542922&sr=1-1&keywords=Super+Mario+3D+Land

New Super Mario Bros 2 ($29.78) http://www.amazon.com/New-Super-Mario-Bros-nintendo-3ds/dp/B0088MVPFQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372542937&sr=8-1&keywords=New+Super+Mario+Bros+2

Paper Mario Sticker Star ($29.34) http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Mario-Sticker-Star-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B0053BCMAC/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1372542949&sr=1-1&keywords=Paper+Mario+Sticker+Star

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity ($29.97) http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Mystery-Dungeon-Infinity-nintendo-3ds/dp/B00AYABWYE/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1372542963&sr=1-1&keywords=Pokemon+Mystery+Dungeon+Gates+to+Infinity

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course the game that came out most recently and that I already bought 3 copies of is the cheapest out of these.  I don't have Luigi's Mansion or DKCR but might bite if they hit $25...

guys, do you think prices can go lower? i want to buy them but ughhh.... don't know what to do.

I just started DKCR3D and I have to say that I'm really impressed.  Obviously I expected enough to buy it but still going beyond those expectations and entirely blows away the recent Mario games.

Seems amazon's Animal Crossing price went way up and is only selling through 3rd party sellers. Walmart's price actually went down a bit to $24.15.

Seems amazon's Animal Crossing price went way up and is only selling through 3rd party sellers. Walmart's price actually went down a bit to $24.15.
This price for a new game with good rating is insane. I bit. I can't believe they are still in stock at this price. Amazon's run out pretty soon. My local target and Best Buy don't have it any more either.

I had a hard time deciding if I should pick up Mario Kart 7 or Luigi's Mansion 2. I ended up going with Luigi. I really loved the first one on the GC and I hear this one actually offers some more replay value.

Anyone know how long the sale is good till? Wondering if I get a chance to have my paycheck on the 3rd or 4th to take advantage of this.

Got Animal Crossing New Leaf and as well got a price match on it before it shipped for the $24.15. As well as Mario Kart 7 and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. Glad that Mario Kart and Luigi's Mansion were also in my goldbox for the day!

I just started DKCR3D and I have to say that I'm really impressed. Obviously I expected enough to buy it but still going beyond those expectations and entirely blows away the recent Mario games.
My question is had you played the original on the Wii?? I can't decide if it's got enough new content to warrant the 3ds purchase....

My question is had you played the original on the Wii?? I can't decide if it's got enough new content to warrant the 3ds purchase....
No I've only played this one so I can't compare beyond what I've read. On it's own I have no problem with the quality of the graphics and think that the 3D is really well done if understated. One of those times where they did it in a way that works within the existing game instead of trying to make shove a gimmick into it. Controls are sharp, level design is great and it's surprisingly challenging.

It's just 8 new stages. It runs at a worse framerate than the Wii version, but you don't have to deal with the annoying motion controls. If that all sounds worth it to you, go for it; Otherwise you're not missing much.

I bit on Animal Crossing yesterday, at $24, it has gone gone a bit more, but I'm not unhappy because all of my local stores are now out of stock (week wait for it).  My son had expressed some interest and he seems to like it.  My wife was a bit concerned it was one of those "have to play everyday" type of games, but I explained it has new things everyday, not just essential things.

Luigi's Mansion is a must buy.  I've had it a while and it is a ton of fun, especially multi-player with single cart play.

Donkey Kong is really good, frame rate isn't as silky smooth - but it is still no problem at all.  It is just noticeable versus the Wii which was 60 fps.  The game is a bit easier due to the store offering a few life saving items and lives being cheaper, as well as more generous health - but it still gets really hard in some areas.  World 5 is the start of the hair pulling with many forced scrolling minecart/rocket/bug swarm levels and it is still a one mess up you die with sparse checkpoints.  Not as bad as the Wii, but still frustrating for the average player - their are places you have to have perfect memory and timing in order to survive - there is no margin for error.  Wish they would have done something about those in the updated mode (and left difficulty intact in Wii mode), my son stopped playing after dying a ton, and he really liked it up to that point.

I just ordered Monster Hunter 3 online at walmart for $31+change after taxes and shipping. It is back in stock

No I've only played this one so I can't compare beyond what I've read. On it's own I have no problem with the quality of the graphics and think that the 3D is really well done if understated. One of those times where they did it in a way that works within the existing game instead of trying to make shove a gimmick into it. Controls are sharp, level design is great and it's surprisingly challenging.
Gotcha....yea see I played the Wii version... I loved it, but I just wish it wasn't the same game (barring the 8 extra stages...)

Man.... Walmart is crazy... Went to the store today to get it for the 29.05. Its listed as 39.99 still. I asked a employee to price check on that since its advertised cheaper. She said nope, rings up at 40$. I go to customer service, they said straight up, they dont price match walmart.com... Which is o.0 but ok, then she said what I COULD do is if it has the option of "ship to store avail today" I could order and pay for it online, then just grab it. Yea.. only issue is, the store I was at, didnt show up as a "ship to store" option, all these other ones did. She asked me if it was a new game or so, and if I REALLY saw it in stock. Im like, Yes I did, you HAVE it in stock. She claimed they wouldnt have it in stock till the 10th... Im like cant you just get a manager here to help out and she was "Nope, they cant help since its walmart.com stuff"

So long story short.. had to order it at a DIFF walmart for store pickup which is lil more out of the way but its ok.. but then I got hit with something else that wasnt said BEFORE I ordered it. Was the "Pickup only avail from 10am to 9pm" so seems even if you ship to store option it.. you have to be at the store during those hours (Which is a lil hard for us working class people during that time frame.. I wouldve went at 11pm if able) so yea... now gonna mess up my morning just to get there before work just to get the damn game.

Anyways just thought I would share my story about how Walmart is doing this... which is very annoying.. Too bad amazon says 2-4 weeks to ship.

Man.... Walmart is crazy... Went to the store today to get it for the 29.05. Its listed as 39.99 still. I asked a employee to price check on that since its advertised cheaper. She said nope, rings up at 40$. I go to customer service, they said straight up, they dont price match walmart.com... Which is o.0 but ok, then she said what I COULD do is if it has the option of "ship to store avail today" I could order and pay for it online, then just grab it. Yea.. only issue is, the store I was at, didnt show up as a "ship to store" option, all these other ones did. She asked me if it was a new game or so, and if I REALLY saw it in stock. Im like, Yes I did, you HAVE it in stock. She claimed they wouldnt have it in stock till the 10th... Im like cant you just get a manager here to help out and she was "Nope, they cant help since its walmart.com stuff"

So long story short.. had to order it at a DIFF walmart for store pickup which is lil more out of the way but its ok.. but then I got hit with something else that wasnt said BEFORE I ordered it. Was the "Pickup only avail from 10am to 9pm" so seems even if you ship to store option it.. you have to be at the store during those hours (Which is a lil hard for us working class people during that time frame.. I wouldve went at 11pm if able) so yea... now gonna mess up my morning just to get there before work just to get the damn game.

Anyways just thought I would share my story about how Walmart is doing this... which is very annoying.. Too bad amazon says 2-4 weeks to ship.
What time were you there and wasn't there a Best Buy or Target or something else around that would have just matched it?

Was 11am. So wasnt even busy at all at the CS desk, only like myself and maybe 1 other there. Also Bestbuy and target could only price match physical advertisements, as in they call the store (if they want) and verify the price. No retailer will match a .com price unless its also in the store.

Was 11am. So wasnt even busy at all at the CS desk, only like myself and maybe 1 other there. Also Bestbuy and target could only price match physical advertisements, as in they call the store (if they want) and verify the price. No retailer will match a .com price unless its also in the store.
Not true. I have matched online only prices at Best Buy a couple of times myself, and I know many other CAGs have done the same. I believe Best Buy will even price match Amazon and a series of other online retailers now, though I haven't tried matching Amazon yet myself.

Too bad amazon says 2-4 weeks to ship.
I realize you're probably stuck with Walmart at this point, but for anyone else considering their options, I ordered from Amazon on Sunday and they said "2-3 weeks," but the package shipped out on Tuesday already. Of course, YMMV, and if you need the game right now then that's not gonna cut it, but I thought it was worth mentioning. (And here I was actually OK with waiting, since I don't even own a 3DS just yet ...)

I matched Amazon at Best Buy on a Kindle I bought at Christmas time. Had no problem doing it and saved me an extra $30.

Bought Luigis Mansion, was gunna wait till Black Friday, but if I dont like it I could resell for around $15! So really im only paying $15ish.

BBY might have given you a bit of trouble if it showed out of stock but neither store should have denied you a Walmart.com price match as it's a direct local competitor and specifically listed in their policies.

I had no problem price matching at BestBuy... And I got it price matched on a regular register... Not at the Customer Service desk.

Well no matter since today just went to walmart to pickup my copy. Now to turn on MH U for the 1st time on the wii u then try for 3ds. What sucks is. NOW Amazon wants to put monster hunter U for wiiu as 35$ sale... >.> I got the game when target was doing it for 39.99 what, 2 weeks ago?

bread's done
Back