Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition Available at Best Buy!

Don't tell me I derped the link. All I did was copy and paste it to here. I have no idea why it didn't work. It works now.
Seems like you copied a non-CAG affilate link from that website. either way I use a cb link

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like you copied a non-CAG affilate link from that website. either way I use a cb link
I originally had a link straight from bestbuy.com, but I couldn't get it to work right so then I tried that hybrid guys link and the link's name ended up looking weird so I tried looking on other websites. This one is the only normal link I could find that brings you straight to the Best Buy page for the product. So the guy gave me a 1 star because apparently I didn't find a great product? This is sold out everywhere so I don't think it's a bad find.

Neat, I missed out on this when Amazon had it, so I suppose this is the next best thing. Thanks OP!

I originally had a link straight from bestbuy.com, but I couldn't get it to work right so then I tried that hybrid guys link and the link's name ended up looking weird so I tried looking on other websites. This one is the only normal link I could find that brings you straight to the Best Buy page for the product. So the guy gave me a 1 star because apparently I didn't find a great product? This is sold out everywhere so I don't think it's a bad find.
I didn't give u a 1 star.... I just helped u get a working link

Does BB even sell this one , is a mistake from them , because after being OOS from the other retailers BB appears with this edition , did it even appeared in the past?

yes it did, this might be your last chance. if you are lucky. IT might end up like the bioshock infinite, and last of us fiasco. you could end up getting it free, if bestbuy accidently cancels it.
I already have it pre-ordered. I don't need to. It's just that every time I checked in at BB.com, it was in stock. I was hoping this would sell out long ago.

Part of me wants to order it to see if I can flip it (assuming it ships), since I already have one preordered at GS for myself.  But then part of me thinks it may be more hassle than it's worth, esp. if a lot of other ppl have the same idea.  Hard call.  

I have no idea how you people can drop $100 on a game and some peripherals. Don't you have families or bills or something?

With that said, I want this game, but not until it's sub-$40.

I have no idea how you people can drop $100 on a game and some peripherals. Don't you have families or bills or something?

I can see why you'd say that, but I have credit at Gamestop already set aside to pay for this. I also really love the Tales of series and want to show my support by buying this latest installment (hopefully encouraging Namco-Bandai to release more Tales of titles in the future).

it all about picking were you spend you money their always ways too make money buying an selling games online/retail stores if you don't mind little work or even sites like bing $5 dollar gift cards add up

Yeah but I don't live paycheck to paycheck plus I take advantage of free giftcards + ebates + reward zone or any other promo available. :eek: also I avoid drugs, cigarettes & fast food. Saves a lot.

People pay stupid amounts of money for parted-out collector's editions.

There some left over after bills, family expenses, investments, savings etc. I'm sure all CAGs are smart in managing their financials, its not like we are missing bills to buy these gems. It's a form of entertainment, collecting that is. You must have a hobby too that you spend money on.

has BB always charged in advance for preorders? because i really don't feel like having to hold 104.99 for some thing that may not ship :\

yes it did, this might be your last chance. if you are lucky. IT might end up like the bioshock infinite, and last of us fiasco. you could end up getting it free, if bestbuy accidently cancels it.
What did they do after those?

So wait, let me get this straight, if you pre-order from Amazon you only have to pay $60 but you get EVERYTHING that comes with the CE version except that statue?  So basically you're paying $40 for that statue. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B67ZTUW/ref=s9_wish_gw_d99_g63_ir03?ie=UTF8&colid=277RRRCIHIZ34&coliid=I2SR1DBNJM41TX&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=090JEBM34NZF6W295SGP&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

[SIZE=.82em]
bonus-offer_75._SL75_V185690660_.gif
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=.82em]Pre-order TALES OF XILLIA for PS3 and Get the Limited Edition[/SIZE]
The Limited Edition will be limited to all first-run copies of the game and include TALES OF XILLIA game software, exclusive collectable character profile booklet, TALES OF XILLIA music CD, and two DLC costumes. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate these promotions at any time. These offers will be extended to all existing pre-orders. While supplies last.

So wait, let me get this straight, if you pre-order from Amazon you only have to pay $60 but you get EVERYTHING that comes with the CE version except that statue? So basically you're paying $40 for that statue.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B67ZTUW/ref=s9_wish_gw_d99_g63_ir03?ie=UTF8&colid=277RRRCIHIZ34&coliid=I2SR1DBNJM41TX&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=090JEBM34NZF6W295SGP&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846
All first day copies of Xillia will be the LE, regardless of where you buy from. Besides the statue, the CE gets an artbook (vs a character profile booklet in the LE). But yeah, $40 more is a pretty big hike.

Yeah but I don't live paycheck to paycheck plus I take advantage of free giftcards + ebates + reward zone or any other promo available. :eek: also I avoid drugs, cigarettes & fast food. Saves a lot.
Did you know that 75% of Americans are classified as living "paycheck to paycheck" (defined as those who don't have an emergency fund that can cover 6 months of their income)? I didn't think I was living paycheck to paycheck either, until I put it in those terms. I don't do drugs, cigarettes, or fast food either -- just beer. Maybe I need a better job. We're a two-income family with no kids, a decent house, a few student loans, but even then, $100 seems like a lot for a game (which the company invested a lot of money into), and a plastic statue and artbook (which I imagine the company invested very little money into).

There some left over after bills, family expenses, investments, savings etc. I'm sure all CAGs are smart in managing their financials, its not like we are missing bills to buy these gems. It's a form of entertainment, collecting that is. You must have a hobby too that you spend money on.
There's usually not much left over after all that :/ But let's say I had $100 left over in August. I could buy the Xillia CE, or I could buy 2-3 newish games from AWD. I'm guessing I'll have Xillia in my hands by the end of September for less than $40.

I have two hobbies -- games and college. I suppose when I've finished my second Master's degree in a year, I'll have a little more discretionary income. Even then, I still can't see myself shelling out this kind of money.

The best argument I heard was Vigilante saying he buys it to support the company and to push for more localized titles (I'm still bitter about Vesperia not coming to PS3). Even then, that's a lot of money to devote.

What did they do after those?
Best Buy accidentally cancelled a ton of online preorders for the Bioshock Infinite - Songbird Edition and The Last of Us - Survival Edition, and to make up for it, they sent free copies to everyone whose preorder was cancelled (IIRC, everyone ended up with the $20 in RZ points too; in the case of TLoU, BBY also sent out a $10 apology code for anything on Bestbuy.com). I was one of those who preordered the latter and ended up with a free copy.

All first day copies of Xillia will be the LE, regardless of where you buy from. Besides the statue, the CE gets an artbook (vs a character profile booklet in the LE). But yeah, $40 more is a pretty big hike.
Great info, thanks! I guess that means the LE ones will eventually get a good sale price just like with Tales of Graces which I imported from the UK to get a good price on the LE pack.

Anyone already get charged for this? I used a CC and they already did an authorization for the full amount, but I'm wondering if the full payment will go ahead and go through, or if it will be reversed.. Not a big deal either way, but the funds were already spoken for..lol

Anyone already get charged for this? I used a CC and they already did an authorization for the full amount, but I'm wondering if the full payment will go ahead and go through, or if it will be reversed.. Not a big deal either way, but the funds were already spoken for..lol
That's how online preorders work at Bestbuy.com, unless I'm mistaken--you pay for the whole thing right away unlike at Amazon, where you pay when your order ships.

EDIT:

The best argument I heard was Vigilante saying he buys it to support the company and to push for more localized titles (I'm still bitter about Vesperia not coming to PS3). Even then, that's a lot of money to devote.
I really am more of an exceptional case, as the $63.59 I've paid off so far at Gamestop was the result of several flips from Best Buy, and I've accumulated many PUR points from trade-ins to the point where I plan on using a $25 off coupon when I go to pick up the CE so that I only need to pay the $15+tax difference (total of $75+tax rather than $100+tax). But again, I understand what you're saying.

Best Buy does a ping of funds. It will come and go until about a week before release, then it will stick.

So you will need the funds in your account at all times, because if you don't have enough and they decide to ping you, it will get cancelled immediately.

Best Buy accidentally cancelled a ton of online preorders for the Bioshock Infinite - Songbird Edition and The Last of Us - Survival Edition, and to make up for it, they sent free copies to everyone whose preorder was cancelled (IIRC, everyone ended up with the $20 in RZ points too; in the case of TLoU, BBY also sent out a $10 apology code for anything on Bestbuy.com). I was one of those who preordered the latter and ended up with a free copy.
how are you the exception, when there use to be a whole thread on how to maximize/move your credit between gs, and bestbuy. vice versa. It is the best method, and quickest method to get games you want, without shelling out real cash in most cases.

Did you know that 75% of Americans are classified as living "paycheck to paycheck" (defined as those who don't have an emergency fund that can cover 6 months of their income)? I didn't think I was living paycheck to paycheck either, until I put it in those terms. I don't do drugs, cigarettes, or fast food either -- just beer. Maybe I need a better job. We're a two-income family with no kids, a decent house, a few student loans, but even then, $100 seems like a lot for a game (which the company invested a lot of money into), and a plastic statue and artbook (which I imagine the company invested very little money into).

There's usually not much left over after all that :/ But let's say I had $100 left over in August. I could buy the Xillia CE, or I could buy 2-3 newish games from AWD. I'm guessing I'll have Xillia in my hands by the end of September for less than $40.

I have two hobbies -- games and college. I suppose when I've finished my second Master's degree in a year, I'll have a little more discretionary income. Even then, I still can't see myself shelling out this kind of money.

I didn't have this kind of my money when I was finishing up my Master's. So I think things will get much better for you. If I only had $100 left a month I would never buy this. Now it's just a small portion of my leftovers, so I like to scratch my collector itch once in a while. If I don't buy this, it would probably go towards a dinner with the Mrs., but since the tales game is one our favorite games to play together, she doesn't mind.

how are you the exception, when there use to be a whole thread on how to maximize/move your credit between gs, and bestbuy. vice versa. It is the best method, and quickest method to get games you want, without shelling out real cash in most cases.
Not everyone read that thread, you know...;)

Not everyone read that thread, you know... ;)
My remark was not aimed directly at you. When that thread was alive, it was literally in plain sight in the video game deals sections, until it was later moved. Even then, you got people bragging about how they traded X copies for X amount in the gamestop tiv thread, and sometimes at the gamers mag thread. It is hard to avoid. There was even a bestbuy trade in official thread here too. Unless, you were literally blind, it is not hard to amass a ton of bestbuy/gs credit, since you got people literally telling you different ways.

If I don't buy this, it would probably go towards a dinner with the Mrs., but since the tales game is one our favorite games to play together, she doesn't mind.
You win. My wife just makes fun of me when I play Tales games (or any jrpg). The closest we got to playing together was a few hours of Eternal Sonata.

You win. My wife just makes fun of me when I play Tales games (or any jrpg). The closest we got to playing together was a few hours of Eternal Sonata.
You tried Eternal Sonata too? I don't really think Eternal Sonata is any fun with two people (since it is truly turn based), maybe you two should give Xillia (or F) a try.

bread's done
Back