2013-2014 CAG Fantasy Football

brianyip28

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
starting a new ESPN fantasy football league for this upcoming 2013-2014 season!

draft will be sometime in mid-late august, giving us plenty of time to try to have a 12-team league owned by all CAG members. we can use this thread to discuss trades, etc.

roster: 1 qb, 3 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 1 d/st, 1 k, 6 bench.

head to head, snake draft, standard scoring, 4 teams to the playoffs.

if this season goes well with active managers, we could turn it into a keeper league for the following season.

please PM your email for an invite!

No...no problem here.  As a Bengals fan, I just couldn't help myself.

(Nice Ray Lewis emoticon by the way)

I actually found myself hoping for a Ravens victory over the 49ers in the super bowl last year.

I had to use it once I saw it. I have the same reaction of "Oh no" anyone walks by at my local bar with an AFC North Jersey. There are a lot of Bengals and Steelers fans around the area. I would root for the Bengals or Browns if they were in the Superbowl, but screw the Steelers. I will never root for a team from Pittsburgh in any sport.

Weekend snake draft I'm assuming?  And last year a couple of my drafts had 2 minutes per pick...I would love to have that shortened and move everything along quicker.

yes, the draft will happen on a weekend. snake draft, draft order randomized 1 hour before draft time. 

do people want to draft asap (sometime this weekend) or wait out a little longer like the end of july (for trades, injuries, gun charges, etc.)?

*edit: because there's still a month left until the first preseason game (aug 8th), another option is an offline draft where we take turns picking and posting our picks on this thread.

that's only if we can't find a time where we're all free to live draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, the draft will happen on a weekend. snake draft, draft order randomized 1 hour before draft time.

do people want to draft asap (sometime this weekend) or wait out a little longer like the end of july (for trades, injuries, gun charges, etc.)?

*edit: because there's still a month left until the first preseason game (aug 8th), another option is an offline draft where we take turns picking and posting our picks on this thread.

that's only if we can't find a time where we're all free to live draft.
Whatever works for everyone else. If we do it on a weekend, I would prefer on a Sunday. Saturdays are doable for me, but not as easily open as Sundays.

I don't mind waiting a little bit longer just in case people want to go over their options and we'll have a better idea of where injuries and whatnot are the closer we get.

But I'm pretty flexible regardless.

I passed this via PM to CaN already but want to bring it up as a suggestion. Usually for live drafts, I'd wait til we're within a week or two of the season as that gives owners times to check out some players during the preseason and it can also save owners from crucial injuries that would occur before the regular season.

Just a suggestion, what do yall think?

I think we should wait draft weekend before preseason, that way we aren't drafting and watching the games at the same time.

okay. we'll wait until, at least, after one preseason game. keep following this thread and check back in around early august! 

(at least we set up the league early so we don't have to waste time doing that again haha)  :)

My other leagues have set their draft date/time so I'll post those. Ideally I'd like to avoid the dates below but I'll double draft or autodraft if I have to.

August 15th 7PM (Money league, not missing this one)
August 19th 8PM
August 22nd 7PM

can everyone make it if the draft is during the weekend of August 17-18 (Saturday or Sunday)?

Sunday night works best for me

Assuming its full right? You guys care if I make another league/thread. You were first so you got dibs on CAG
haha you can make another league if you want, there's no rule that there's only one CAG-only league :p

but yes, this league is full.

I'm down. Saw this thread early on and was just being lazy/antisocial. But now I'm ready to crush some of you guys. I just hope for the love of god I make it out of the first round this year!

bread's done
Back