* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

#8341 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

I might need to break my 75% off AND $5.00 rule, and get The Secret World.

Or should I wait for at LEAST $7.50?

I'm not sure it has ever hit $7.50.  I guess it will or be F2P one day, but I bought it for $12.50 this time last year and I think $10 is the lowest it has hit not counting one time at band camp when I put a flute in.... and it was $5 on Greenmangaming (but there was a monthly sub fee at the time).  

#8342 walkonshadows   Terminal CAGtosis CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

walkonshadows

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

I might need to break my 75% off AND $5.00 rule, and get The Secret World.

Or should I wait for at LEAST $7.50?

Throw me your email and I'll send you a guest pass to try it out, might help you decide one way or the other.

I'm not sure it has ever hit $7.50.  I guess it will or be F2P one day, but I bought it for $12.50 this time last year and I think $10 is the lowest it has hit not counting one time at band camp when I put a flute in.... and it was $5 on Greenmangaming (but there was a monthly sub fee at the time).  

Technically is F2P (arguably, I know). It's not likely to drop further, as there is so much content being bundled in right now (specifically, the Massive Edition), they are drawing a hard line where they went to selling subscription issues at the chang-over in subscription charges. There's tons to due without dropping another red cent on the game past what you buy the base game for. They might make a "massiver" edition to come in a year or so, but even with trying to increase user base for the game, it damn sure isn't going to be $10 for all that premium content. Remember, each issue goes for around $10. This is one game however, that you really do want to sub to for the quality of content that comes out of it.

#8343 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

Technically is F2P (arguably, I know)

It's really more the subscription-less model where you pay for content expansions (and unneeded perks) -- similar to Guild Wars 1/2.

I associate F2P with being painful unless you're regularly making some sort of purchase.  I want to play a game, not make continuous financial decisions.

I really like The Secret World's and Guild Wars revenue model.  Path of Exile is another player-friendly F2P model (cosmetic purchases only).

#8344 walkonshadows   Terminal CAGtosis CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

walkonshadows

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

Speaking of The Secret World:

http://www.thesecret...christmas_event

Plus they are bringing back the End of Days Event. Fuck yeah!

#8345 Thermopyle  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

Unlikely, it hasn't been less than $10 since they dropped the subscription. They need that initial-sale revenue. It's quite good, and I recommend it.

I'm thinking GF had it at $10, then 8 after the coupon. That was around BF. I could be wrong, though.

#8346 Mac the Geek   Member Title CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Mac the Geek

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

I haven't seen the original series available on any streaming service. Amazon and Netflix both have bits and pieces (maybe 10-20 serials altogether) and I'm not sure what Apple has on iTunes, but I doubt it's much more complete. Personally I'd rather just buy a DVD when I can afford it, though, because the BBC loads them up with a ton of special features, including commentary tracks, subtitle info tracks, Radio Times listings, scripts, new documentaries commissioned for those releases as well as rare appearances by Doctors on other shows and archival interviews. 

Skyrim made me late for work today. Stupid labyrinthine Dwemer ruins!

I haven't seen a full roster of Classic Who anywhere either.  But that's kind of my point -- if I'm going to buy Prime for streaming, it needs to offer me something that the competition can't.  

I buy the full-season Blu-Rays of New Who, because my wife loves it and we enjoy the extras.  But she's never gotten into the original run, and I can't justify paying The Beeb's ridiculous prices for individual DVD episodes.  (Over $24 for Inferno?  That price should get me the entire season.  Seriously, BBC, just no.)  

I watched Spearhead from Space (the first Jon Pertwee serial) via Netflix a couple weeks ago, and the wibbly-wobbly-oldy-timey bug has bitten me.  I want more, but not at highway-robbery prices.  So if Tony tells the Prime crew to go get an exclusive streaming license for Classic Who, I'll bite.  Immediately.

Nope, they are all there. The Tennant Christmas specials are the first episode of the following season, the end specials are their own category and the Matt Smith Christmas specials are their own category for some reason.

Thanks for the correction.  I was comparing "Prime seasons" with "Physical media seasons", and a lot of stuff is in different places.

Wow on Lego Marvel at $11.99. But then again the others did drop fast too.

We have money set aside in the steam wallet from trading cards to get it at the steam sale (did not see it on flash/daily deal in autumn) but for $12 from amazon... wow.

Hooray, I get to post something on-topic!   :)

I bought a physical copy of Lego LOTR a year ago at launch, so I could put it under the Christmas tree.  By the time it got unwrapped, I'd already bought a second copy at $7.50 for my own Steam account, thanks to the Amazon Holiday Sale.  I held off on Lego Marvel at launch this year, hoping for another great holiday price.  (Now, if I can just get confirmation that this price will be repeated in the EC...)

Some search features on amazon need work, i find better links in this thread than on the actual site, it is strange.

If you go to Amazon's website to buy a specific item (where you already know the product name or enough details to nail it in a search), then Amazon is a fantastic resource.  But if you're not sure how to describe what you want, or if you just want to browse, the UI becomes an obstacle instead of an aid.  Targeted search great, fuzzy search not so much.

#8347 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

I'm thinking GF had it at $10, then 8 after the coupon. That was around BF. I could be wrong, though.

I'm not seeing any record of that on SD.

#8348 Mikerrrr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

Tony, would you happen to know any details about Metal Gear Rising's release? Mainly the release date, and what's included in terms of DLC. Thanks!

#8349 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8359 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

Thanks for the post Ashes. I'm going to snag Deadpool from the sale. Thanks again.

#8350 walkonshadows   Terminal CAGtosis CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

walkonshadows

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

Thanks for the post Ashes. I'm going to snag Deadpool from the sale. Thanks again.

Ashes should be working off commission. Come on Tony, you've got at least one Digital Internship you can throw her way.

#8351 provdog2611  

provdog2611

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

Tropico 4: Apocalypse around $2

Tropico 4: The Academy around $2

Wow... Uplay is now having a sale on Tropico 4 DLC for $1.25 each... 

http://shop.ubi.com/...tor?q=tropico 4

#8352 vince_carter   what's a panini CAGiversary!   1463 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

vince_carter

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

Also,

Looks like we're going to have Metal Gear Solid Rising for Pre-order tomorrow at 33% off ($19.99), there's still some final emails floating back and forth but I feel confident enough that it's going to happen to update you here.

Correct, thanks :).

Cheers,
Tony

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MOOOONNNEEEEYYYY

#8353 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

Just got the updated info from Square, your $5 Tomb Raider prayers will be answered :).

I'll send out a full update on the SE stuff as soon as I have it set up.

Cheers,

Tony

#8354 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10585 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

Any sales on adult diapers?  I think there were several CAGs in need.

#8355 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

Any sales on adult diapers?  I think there were several CAGs in need.

Also Sukdafac was offering free diaper changes for those who order.  

#8356 Xillion  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

Looks like we're going to have Metal Gear Solid Rising for Pre-order tomorrow at 33% off ($19.99), there's still some final emails floating back and forth but I feel confident enough that it's going to happen to update you here.

Any word if DLC will be included or how long it will be on sale? Thanks.

#8357 radioactivez0r   Up and Atom! CAGiversary!   3922 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

radioactivez0r

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

I'm bummed there is a Mac version of The Movies but not Windows, though I know it would fail to run outside a GOG version.

#8358 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

BTW by Metal Gear Rising I mean Metal Gear Revengence:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HERCRAI

Cheers,

Tony

#8359 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1601 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

I haven't seen a full roster of Classic Who anywhere either. But that's kind of my point -- if I'm going to buy Prime for streaming, it needs to offer me something that the competition can't.

I buy the full-season Blu-Rays of New Who, because my wife loves it and we enjoy the extras. But she's never gotten into the original run, and I can't justify paying The Beeb's ridiculous prices for individual DVD episodes. (Over $24 for Inferno? That price should get me the entire season. Seriously, BBC, just no.)

I watched Spearhead From Space (the first Jon Pertwee serial) via Netflix a couple weeks ago, and the wibbly-wobbly-oldy-timey bug has bitten me. I want more, but not at highway-robbery prices. So if Tony tells the Prime crew to go get an exclusive streaming license for Classic Who, I'll bite. Immediately.

The only problem is even if they did get the streaming rights, they wouldn't have much more than they do now since a lot of the Classic Who episodes are still lost.

#8360 Thermopyle  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

The only problem is even if they did get the streaming rights, they wouldn't have much more than they do now since a lot of the Classic Who episodes are still lost.

http://www.doctorwho...found-53619.htm

http://www.blastr.co...have-been-found

You've seen these, though, right?

#8361 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

Also, this will be $19.99 starting tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tony

#8362 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1932 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

Cheers,
Tony

How much will "that" be?

#8363 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

How much will "that" be?

Assuming I'm connecting the dots correctly...

BTW by Metal Gear Rising I mean Metal Gear Revengence:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HERCRAI

#8364 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

How much will "that" be?

Assuming I'm connecting the dots correctly...

I wish I were smarter:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HDPDEVM

Cheers,
Tony

#8365 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8831 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

Just got the updated info from Square, your $5 Tomb Raider prayers will be answered :).

I'll send out a full update on the SE stuff as soon as I have it set up.

Cheers,

Tony

Any chance this includes the survival edition as well? :D

#8366 lostnumber  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

What time of day does the price change happen?

#8367 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

I wish I were smarter:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HDPDEVM

Cheers,
Tony

Re-posting this to you Tony and hiding my original post...

Commander Conquest of the Americas has a Steam and non-Steam version but I see no Steam version of the Pirate Treasure Chest DLC?

I need my pirate stuff on Steam!

#8368 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

What time of day does the price change happen?

Usually Midnight to 1 AM PST, sometimes longer. Typically around 12:30-12:40.

#8369 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8834 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

A rockstar game and a fallout game on sale? Ya dont say......

Fuk did Tony forget that Amazon's sales selections are supposed to revolve around your wants and needs again?

#8370 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

Re-posting this to you Tony and hiding my original post...

Commander Conquest of the Americas has a Steam and non-Steam version but I see no Steam version of the Pirate Treasure Chest DLC?

I need my pirate stuff on Steam!

Hey there,

I don't have any info on this right now, I'll ask though :).

Cheers,

Tony